• Going up as champions
    • 2nd or 3rd, and go up through the playoffs
    • 2nd or 3rd but lose out in the playoffs
    • 4th-7th, and go up through the playoffs
    • 4th-7th but lose out in the playoffs
    • 8th-12th
    • 13th-20th
    • Bottom 4

Strange one - but again I have voted with it being Latics - when I looked at the results - I think I have voted the same as Monty Burns!!!!!!!!!!!

(now off for a cold shower as that's worrying)

Come:comeon: on you Blues.

• Thanks 1

I've gone 2nd to 3rd lose in the play offs. Something tells me our Journey back up the leagues involves a so near yet so far season..

But if we don't go up we are going to get bloody close and its going to be an exciting ride.

We will be going into the final game of our season with promotion on the line.

Edited by GlossopLatic

27 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Has Ibby been on recently ?

not for years. either his mind is sufficiently occupied or he is a constant menace for the mods that we just don't see!

the phone in guys do a great job with him and maybe thats what keeps him off here.

14 hours ago, Millibob said:

Strange one - but again I have voted with it being Latics - when I looked at the results - I think I have voted the same as Monty Burns!!!!!!!!!!!

(now off for a cold shower as that's worrying)

Come:comeon: on you Blues.

dont worry about it after yeovil l said we need 1-2 CB's, a RB, two midfielders and a striker. lve also predicted a global financial crash, a national housing crash and at least three wars. l make money overall against the bookie, l only work about four months per year on avaerage and l live in a posh little village. despite dropping out of school at 14, inheriting zero birth lottery finacial winnings but the genetic 'gifts' of Prosopagnasia and Aspergers. oh and having the photogenacy of a 15 year old Peter Crouch.

its just a case of knowin when lm taking the piss (98%) when l'm bein serious (1%) and when l'm wrong (1%).

altho somebody once angrily told me l'm never wrong. then they followed up by accusing me alt-right and whiney, blocking me then starting a whisper campaign. so l wouldn't trust his opinion, as l'm defo wrong sometimes.

pretty sure l'm not alt-right and whiney but l suppose its all about perception.

Edited by Monty Burns
added. bc more was just what it fuckin needs 🙄
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

dont worry about it after yeovil l said we need 1-2 CB's, a RB, two midfielders and a striker. lve also predicted a global financial crash, a national housing crash and at least three wars. l make money overall against the bookie, l only work about four months per year on avaerage and l live in a posh little village. despite dropping out of school at 14, inheriting zero birth lottery finacial winnings but the genetic 'gifts' of Prosopagnasia and Aspergers. oh and having the photogenacy of a 15 year old Peter Crouch.

its just a case of knowin when lm taking the piss (98%) when l'm bein serious (1%) and when l'm wrong (1%).

altho somebody once angrily told me l'm never wrong. then they followed up by accusing me alt-right and whiney, blocking me then starting a whisper campaign. so l wouldn't trust his opinion, as l'm defo wrong sometimes.

pretty sure l'm not alt-right and whiney but l suppose its all about perception.

Release the hounds

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Well my gast is flabbered!

Gone for a lie down after the cold shower.

What's now even more worrying is I thought Royton was the only "Posh Little Village" you don't live  round  the corner do you ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 1

If Unsworth is here all season I think we'll make the playoffs but not get over the line.

And he'll get another year and we'll see a similar outcome the following season.

If he goes, who knows?

New man might quickly get a tune out of the squad and/or quickly bring in the right players (especially in midfield if this is what we go into the season with).

Or he might need time after showing us a bit of something to deserve it. 

Either way I don't see us getting promoted until 24/25 season at the earliest, maybe not even then.

And the longer we're here the harder it might get. 

I'll be ecstatic & relieved to be proven completely wrong. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

If Unsworth is here all season I think we'll make the playoffs but not get over the line.

And he'll get another year and we'll see a similar outcome the following season.

If he goes, who knows?

New man might quickly get a tune out of the squad and/or quickly bring in the right players (especially in midfield if this is what we go into the season with).

Or he might need time after showing us a bit of something to deserve it. 

Either way I don't see us getting promoted until 24/25 season at the earliest, maybe not even then.

And the longer we're here the harder it might get. 

I'll be ecstatic & relieved to be proven completely wrong. 

I think you’re being overly pessimistic!

I can't really say I've followed Chesterfield's pre-season activity much.  I know they've signed Grigg and another L1 player whose name escapes me.  Who else?  Given we outscored them in points for the second half of last season I can't really fathom why they are such strong favourites - I'm very happy with the 11/1 and 9/1 (the latter still readily available) at which I've been accumulating bets on us since the bookies opened up.

35 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I can't really say I've followed Chesterfield's pre-season activity much.  I know they've signed Grigg and another L1 player whose name escapes me.  Who else?  Given we outscored them in points for the second half of last season I can't really fathom why they are such strong favourites - I'm very happy with the 11/1 and 9/1 (the latter still readily available) at which I've been accumulating bets on us since the bookies opened up.

I think we are overpriced but still struggling with us turning in to some winning machine, as for Chesterfield they must be favourites and have recruited well to an already solid squad, given the budgets we really should be slogging it out at the top end this season and I'm optimistic but still see weakness in the way we set up and approach games, we've played nobody of any note in pre season yet, been out played by all three teams for large parts of the game and still look vulnerable, still can't have us out of the top 7 regardless of whose in charge.

45 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think we are overpriced but still struggling with us turning in to some winning machine, as for Chesterfield they must be favourites and have recruited well to an already solid squad, given the budgets we really should be slogging it out at the top end this season and I'm optimistic but still see weakness in the way we set up and approach games, we've played nobody of any note in pre season yet, been out played by all three teams for large parts of the game and still look vulnerable, still can't have us out of the top 7 regardless of whose in charge.

I've watched one pre season game ever. And it wasn't even Latics.