Unsworth Out

11 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Unbelievable, your post.My window cleaner could have steared us away from relegation last year.IMO he has achieved zero so far. I await the return of our midfield from injury and then we'll see.I just worry that players like Reid and Norwood  and Sutton will  try to leave the club before he does. 

Norwood seemed pretty happy in his post match interview - Reid will, I believe, wait for his chance.

Sutton is still young - he will be 21 in October - and it depends on his contractual status as to how long he is here - at the moment he looks like he has the making of a decent centre back - it will only take injuries/suspensions and he’ll get a go in his best position this season 

I agree that we should await the return of the ‘midfield three’ before we can properly judge him. 😃

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Norwood seemed pretty happy in his post match interview - Reid will, I believe, wait for his chance.

Sutton is still young - he will be 21 in October - and it depends on his contractual status as to how long he is here - at the moment he looks like he has the making of a decent centre back - it will only take injuries/suspensions and he’ll get a go in his best position this season 

I agree that we should await the return of the ‘midfield three’ before we can properly judge him. 😃

Sutton will be off to League 1 or 2 before we know it, another lost from the club unable to fulfil his potential, a good centre half with an eye for goal who hasn't even played in his favoured position under Unsworth, criminal really.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Sutton will be off to League 1 or 2 before we know it, another lost from the club unable to fulfil his potential, a good centre half with an eye for goal who hasn't even played in his favoured position under Unsworth, criminal really.

Or good business by the club if they cash in

15 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

And I'd say you're talking a load of bollocks pal

well you would

12 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Unbelievable, your post.My window cleaner could have steared us away from relegation last year.IMO he has achieved zero so far. I await the return of our midfield from injury and then we'll see.I just worry that players like Reid and Norwood  and Sutton will  try to leave the club before he does. club 

Your window cleaner could have stopped us going out if league 1. Richie Wellens didn't though

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Surely if he was that good he would have made himself undroppable? Not heard or seen any rumours regarding league clubs being interested in him either...

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Surely if he was that good he would have made himself undroppable? Not heard or seen any rumours regarding league clubs being interested in him either...

Nobody is undroppable, he has his weaknesses which every 19 year old defender has. He will do just fine, wherever he ends up probably in his favoured position as well.

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

If I named every manager in the top 5 divisions of English football and proclaimed they're shite will win fook all and be sacked. You know what, I'd be right 90% of the time.

Even you're not that good 

Maybe 50% at best

1 minute ago, Lags said:

Over what time scale? their contracts.

I was just throwing out a number and not to question you, more playful.

It must be so reassuring to sign any contract that pays you out on whatever remains of it on termination, now why haven't I ever had that kind of luxury in my 40 year's of hard graft?

Safe to say whatever happens, Dave is coming out of this smelling of Rose's 

5 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It must be so reassuring to sign any contract that pays you out on whatever remains of it on termination, now why haven't I ever had that kind of luxury in my 40 year's of hard graft?

You and me both....The Bosses of Industry get 16% salary increases and more than likely nice pay off's should they step aside. That's political though and my Facebook page as enough of that.

10 minutes ago, Lags said:

You and me both....The Bosses of Industry get 16% salary increases and more than likely nice pay off's should they step aside. That's political though and my Facebook page as enough of that.

One job I had for 20 year's and I never saw one increase, infact, the £1000 taxable bonus I received if the store was doing well, which it most certainly was during the yupee era, was also stopped as peoples ability to spend shrank.

With mortgage rates going from 10% to 15.4% in the early 90s and the introduction of poll tax, we had to tough it out literally.

I'm still careful after all these year's even though I'm comfortable, the hardship and trauma stays with you.

25 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I'd be amazed if most managerial contracts have clauses that mean they're not fully paid up if they go.  For sure, if they get another job during that time there'll be an offset unless whoever drafts the contracts is completely incompetent

31 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Smelling of Rose’s what?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd be amazed if most managerial contracts have clauses that mean they're not fully paid up if they go.  For sure, if they get another job during that time there'll be an offset unless whoever drafts the contracts is completely incompetent

The managerial roundabout keeps revolving, there's a living to be made from failure and some are far better at it than others,

3 year's is alot to pay out if it goes wrong, maybe a rolling 1 year contract would have been sufficient but then again, Dave would have been gone by now had this been the case.

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Smelling of Rose’s what?😂😂😂

53 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I'm thinking any contract agreed upon would see the remainder of that term full paid up, whatever the outcome.

That sounds about right in the world of football

There are all sorts of scenarios relating to managers leaving.

E.g Sacked, resign or mutual  consent. Yes there is a lot of money involved but an agreement is usually reached-very few get to a tribunal.

This link explains some of the above.

https://sqaf.club/how-much-football-managers-paid-when-sacked/

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Like Harry Vaughan made himself undropable you mean?

I know Leicester City were watching  Sutton with his centre back potential in mind.

Just now, BP1960 said:

Like Harry Vaughan made himself undropable you mean?

I know Leicester City were watching  Sutton with his centre back potential in mind.

But surely bigger clubs are constantly scouting dozens if not hundreds of players, no?  I'd guess that any youngster who breaks into a first team is guaranteed a look or two.