Unsworth Out

Frank is the owner and I love the man for what he’s done for this club. He’s very much a heart on the sleeve bloke it would appear but he’s a business man too and a successful one. He must know deep down this can’t continue for too much longer on the results front. That’s your product , what everything else is in place to facilitate. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

His average is about 6 yellows a season I think. I wonder why he’s so frustrated or overly aggressive?  

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

…or the systems, those around him and those above him are not up to the standard he’s used to. 🤷‍♂️ 

You keep blaming someone else for an individuals behaviour. He's a grown man ffs. Embarrassing argument that someone else is responsible for Norwood's behaviour

31 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Frank is the owner and I love the man for what he’s done for this club. He’s very much a heart on the sleeve bloke it would appear but he’s a business man too and a successful one. He must know deep down this can’t continue for too much longer on the results front. That’s your product , what everything else is in place to facilitate. 

you did well not to say 'but...' after that opening.

6 hours ago, PeteG said:

I'm very much in the Unsworth out camp, however, I thought that was a much improved performance. Much more on the front foot, he brought Hobson back in (who was MOM for us) and actually played him in his proper position after wanting to sign him for the past 6 months or more. Can't really point the finger at Unsworth for us not winning that game but with 1 win in 7 he's surely on borrowed time. The worrying thing is Frank's speech before the game, he admits he knows nothing about football but he's going to stick with Unsworth because he loves the club and it hurts him when we don't win! We know the Royles won't pull the trigger so we look stuck with him. I just can't see him ever getting us promoted.

started off well.

ended in agenda drivel wild swings bc your mate doesnt get to kill the club whilst stuffing his face.

like Fluff says, it's transparent.

l don't need to call you a cunt.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Who knows??

If there was doubts in the board's mind, why did Frank need to make that speech?  It wasn't just the dreaded "vote of confidence" - it was a ringing endorsement!  Keeping council would have been the sensible move.  It's going to be a hell of a U-turn now, if he does sack him in a month..

He probably made the speech because he can hear the criticism directed at the manager loud and clear. I'm not sure you can completely ignore the criticism when you are literally sat amongst the fans on an away day.

If he wanted to keep his council on this then I'd expect him to sit in the Directors box. If I'm honest I think its probably what I think he should be doing. Whilst its great he wants to interact with the fans in the way he does sometimes its best to maintain a distance and perhaps now might be a good time to do that A week is a long time in football so a month is like a decade we've seen far bigger U-turns at this club and certainly in football.

I just don't believe that he is the only manager in football who isn't in danger of the sack. If this bad form doesn't improve soon he will be in real trouble.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He probably made the speech because he can hear the criticism directed at the manager loud and clear. I'm not sure you can completely ignore the criticism when you are literally sat amongst the fans on an away day.

If he wanted to keep his council on this then I'd expect him to sit in the Directors box. If I'm honest I think its probably what I think he should be doing. Whilst its great he wants to interact with the fans in the way he does sometimes its best to maintain a distance and perhaps now might be a good time to do that A week is a long time in football so a month is like a decade we've seen far bigger U-turns at this club and certainly in football.

I just don't believe that he is the only manager in football who isn't in danger of the sack. If this bad form doesn't improve soon he will be in real trouble.

Agreed. we should pick up loadsa points over the next month. but we will have a tranche of 'fans' trying to stop us doing so.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

This has turned into a how much we love Frank debate! We all do I think.... so let's get back to the issue in question shall we.

The facts are we have spent plenty of money since our "top 3 form"of the 2nd half of last season, bringing in the players Unsworth wanted and getting shot of those he thought were not good enough.

Granted one or two are injured but that's the same anywhere, and how anyone can think we have moved forward since the end of April is deluded.

Look at any football based metric you like and the only one that has increased is that we have lost more football matches.

Sentiment for Frank needs to be taken out of the discussion.

Unsworth's doing a shit job end of and as soon as some on here smell the coffee the better.

And by the way I'm totally against the boo boy dickheads slagging him and the team during the game but they are totally entitled to their opinion, right or wrong afterwards.

He needs to go.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

This has turned into a how much we love Frank debate! We all do I think.... so let's get back to the issue in question shall we.

The facts are we have spent plenty of money since our "top 3 form"of the 2nd half of last season, bringing in the players Unsworth wanted and getting shot of those he thought were not good enough.

Granted one or two are injured but that's the same anywhere, and how anyone can think we have moved forward since the end of April is deluded.

Look at any football based metric you like and the only one that has increased is that we have lost more football matches.

Unsworth's doing a shit job end of and as soon as some on here smell the coffee the better.

And by the way I'm totally against the boo boy dickheads slagging him and the team during the game but they are totally entitled to their opinion, right or wrong afterwards.

He needs to go.

how tall are you? does everything go over your head or what?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣😳🤣

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

hmmmm. l'd have to disagree based on the decent players in the squad and again l'd have to zero in on 'shambles' and smash fuck out of it.

l'd call it mediocre, below average, tepid et cetera. but if you pour cold water on tepid stuff it gets colder. if you put a burner to it it warms up.

THAT is his current plan and he is begging you to give his agenda a nudge in the right direction.

can you bring yourself to do it? for him. not for me or the happyclappers or the starving children. for him. Frank Rothwell. ThevSaviour.

I’ll back the current board. I’ve got my season ticket. 10 of us are going hospitality for the Dorking game. Will buy from the club shop. I’ll do all I can to support Frank and Co, the long term plan and intentions are as good as it gets in my opinion.

What I won’t and can’t do is just let sub par performances slide because off the field stuff are going in the correct direction and we have good owners. Im not just going to have no opinion. We are hugely hugely underperforming. He’s had 12 months and all we have heard is excuse after excuse. He has a win percentage of 29%. I’ve stood in silence and watched Unsworth set up a team! I want him to turn it around, I have given him that time.

He has had a pre season and the squad is so disjointed and unbalanced, an issue I raised at the end of last season, it’s untrue and just not acceptable! 

Ive come to the conclusion he’s not good enough. I said after Halifax, give him to 10/15 games on the provision he picks up a result in the meantime. He hasn’t. So I want him gone. 

I also know players personally who have been managed by him for a long period of time. Who I have spoken to about him and they were less than complimentary.

The evidence and facts to me suggest we are better off without him. 

He is a nice bloke. It’s a shame. But it’s the life of the football manager. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

He needs to go.

I’ve always said there’s a clear distinction between criticism and abuse. Some of the nonsense I’ve heard levelled at him in the stand has been bloody awful. But because I criticise doesn’t mean I’m a “hater”. I actually like DU from what I’ve seen and heard but I’m not sure he’s a good manager, and each game I see just reinforces that view. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

The upcoming run of fixtures should mean we’ll get results to climb the table. I look at the next eight games and we have to get a minimum of 16/17 points, and when you look who we have to play we really should do.

If we don’t then who knows, but we’ll pick up enough points to keep him safe for a while.

We’ll probably be nowhere where we need to be or should be, but sniffing around the bottom end of the playoffs will keep a good few happy and him in the manager’s seat.

That’s eight games before we play away at Rochdale.

I’d expect us to win ‘em all 😎

5 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I’ve always said there’s a clear distinction between criticism and abuse. Some of the nonsense I’ve heard levelled at him in the stand has been bloody awful. But because I criticise doesn’t mean I’m a “hater”. I actually like DU from what I’ve seen and heard but I’m not sure he’s a good manager, and each game I see just reinforces that view. 

Yep exactly 

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I’ll back the current board. I’ve got my season ticket. 10 of us are going hospitality for the Dorking game. Will buy from the club shop. I’ll do all I can to support Frank and Co, the long term plan and intentions are as good as it gets in my opinion.

What I won’t and can’t do is just let sub par performances slide because off the field stuff are going in the correct direction and we have good owners. Im not just going to have no opinion. We are hugely hugely underperforming. He’s had 12 months and all we have heard is excuse after excuse. He has a win percentage of 29%. I’ve stood in silence and watched Unsworth set up a team! I want him to turn it around, I have given him that time.

He has had a pre season and the squad is so disjointed and unbalanced, an issue I raised at the end of last season, it’s untrue and just not acceptable! 

Ive come to the conclusion he’s not good enough. I said after Halifax, give him to 10/15 games on the provision he picks up a result in the meantime. He hasn’t. So I want him gone. 

I also know players personally who have been managed by him for a long period of time. Who I have spoken to about him and they were less than complimentary.

The evidence and facts to me suggest we are better off without him. 

He is a nice bloke. It’s a shame. But it’s the life of the football manager. 

can't argue with any of this and if youre not actively booing, abusing or shitposting then that must be why we can seem to get along!!

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

What are you on about Monty!!🤣

Frank has just begged us to back the manager. we have been saying that not backing DU is not backing frank. Frank says the same. begs you.

you rock up and go 'l love Frank, but..'

then l take the piss about how everything Frank has begged said and all thats been posted on here has zoomed over your head.

then you don't get it, ask me about it and laugh at me.

then Frank and almost everybody thinks 'jayzus hes pretty dense'

🤣

l can't dumb it down anymore than that sorry!!!

thanks to @League one forever for the spacing thing, it works well doesnt it!! do u wana form a group called The Spacing Ladz? l'm open to changing the z for an s.

I thought we played a lot better than most people are saying but it is the way of Oldham fans to completely dwell on every mistake.

There is always going to be mistakes. Even if we won 10-0 someone would point out that Sutton was slightly out of position and the opposition had a shot.

Also I sat near the "San Marino Blues" group and I never seen people so miserable when we were WINNING 1-0. They didn't have the grace to even clap the team off at half-time when we were WINNING. 

I am guessing the clever little joke is that San Marino play ten at the back and never score , so singing we are San Marino when we didn't play ten at the back and scored two goals falls a little flat.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

He needs to go.

As Monty points out above that's some pretty spectacular point missing.

The bit in bold, unless I've missed something Literally nobody has said that we have moved forward at all. We can all see its not been good enough.

It's not about personal sentiment to Frank its about it's his competency as a chairman of Oldham Athletic. Because if he allows David Unsworth to stay in post and results don't improve over the course of the season and we are nowhere near promotion. Then considering the outlay that's been made that's bad leadership becase he's keeping someone in what is a business critical post in situ when they shouldn't be.

I can't see that happening if results don't improve he will be sacked.

9 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Frank has just begged us to back the manager. we have been saying that not backing DU is not backing frank. Frank says the same. begs you.

you rock up and go 'l love Frank, but..'

then l take the piss about how everything Frank has begged said and all thats been posted on here has zoomed over your head.

then you don't get it, ask me about it and laugh at me.

then Frank and almost everybody thinks 'jayzus hes pretty dense'

🤣

l can't dumb it down anymore than that sorry!!!

thanks to @League one forever for the spacing thing, it works well doesnt it!! do u wana form a group called The Spacing Ladz? l'm open to changing the z for an s.

😂😂

Always up for a new lads group. (I’ll take you up on the offer of the s instead of the z though,  I lost my street level credibility a long time ago) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

Just been reading the comments section on the match report on Oldham times and someone called “Oldham boy” has copied and pasted my post above 😂😂

11 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Just been reading the comments section on the match report on Oldham times and someone called “Oldham boy” has copied and pasted my post above 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Bet I can guess who that is......

soooooo he can see us but he can't talk to us????

hahahahahahaha talk about torturing himself