Unsworth Out

27 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I thought we played a lot better than most people are saying but it is the way of Oldham fans to completely dwell on every mistake.

There is always going to be mistakes. Even if we won 10-0 someone would point out that Sutton was slightly out of position and the opposition had a shot.

Also I sat near the "San Marino Blues" group and I never seen people so miserable when we were WINNING 1-0. They didn't have the grace to even clap the team off at half-time when we were WINNING. 

I am guessing the clever little joke is that San Marino play ten at the back and never score , so singing we are San Marino when we didn't play ten at the back and scored two goals falls a little flat.

Saw that at Borehamwood. Some folk very pleased with their little joke, thought it was hilarious. 

Then as the players came over to clap the fans at the end they were at the front waving a San Marino flag at them. 

To use a phrase that’s probably best said by someone younger than me… it’s proper cringe. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Saw that at Borehamwood. Some folk very pleased with their little joke, thought it was hilarious. 

Then as the players came over to clap the fans at the end they were at the front waving a San Marino flag at them. 

To use a phrase that’s probably best said by someone younger than me… it’s proper cringe. 

Super fans, they are eNtITlEd to their opinion, no matter how cringey it is.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Proper virgins

• Like 1

@Londonboy if l may, l would like to drain some of the brutality out of my reply!!

solely based on your username. wtvr the reason for it even if you are a Cockney. full stop for super validity lm jesting, more like especially if youre a Cockney, youre Latics and you go matches so l think l replied to you too near to replyin to Pretend Pete, some of the disdain seeped across and it was misplaced.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

not sure what type of Ladz group has me, Fluff, Eyresy and NZLatic tryna lassoo lost wandering bison back into the fold, but an outsider could easily mentally do that today!!!

NZLatic is defo the most dignified outsider wishing he wasnt there.

😂

dignified on the streets, animal in the ladzchats

• Like 2

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Certainly helps but you still have to spend it on the right ones in the right positions...

That my friend is what keeps this argument going on and on and on

Only Dave can sort that one out and ultimately it's his responsibility as manager to put this into practice 

23 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Proper virgins

sorry with all the childhood flashbacks recently but its just sunk in all them times people said to me 'youre right but its not the point' when they meant 'shut up you total bell end you can not see the wood for the trees'

🤣🤣🤣

FWIW lm giving Rhino 4.9/10 and 

DAVID UNSWORTHS BLUE N WHITE ARMY

19 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Assume you're blaming grown mens behavior on Unsworth. Maybe he covers it in training. Holds sessions on being a knobhead

Norwood was taken off because he was at risk of being sent off. The reason he was at risk of being sent off is because he is frustrated at the tactics we employ. You are being argumentative for the sake of it (again) and are in danger of becoming the biggest attention seeker on this forum...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

As Monty points out above that's some pretty spectacular point missing.

The bit in bold, unless I've missed something Literally nobody has said that we have moved forward at all. We can all see its not been good enough.

It's not about personal sentiment to Frank its about it's his competency as a chairman of Oldham Athletic. Because if he allows David Unsworth to stay in post and results don't improve over the course of the season and we are nowhere near promotion. Then considering the outlay that's been made that's bad leadership becase he's keeping someone in what is a business critical post in situ when they shouldn't be.

I can't see that happening if results don't improve he will be sacked.

Erm thats the point! Nobody has said we have moved forward.....because we haven't!! We have in fact moved backwards if compared to the 2h of last season. Your happy to for him to continue underperforming week after week I guess?

I'm perfectly happy with Frank's competency as a chairman and thank him for all he continues to do for a club I've followed round the land for 40 plus years.

I'm not happy with Unsworths competency as a manager though, and never will be.

Edited by Londonboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

It's a bit of humour that's pretty inoffensive, San Marino blues. Find it hard to get upset at that. 

6 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Erm thats the point! Nobody has said we have moved forward.....because we haven't!! We have in fact moved backwards if compared to the 2h of last season. Your happy to for him to continue underperforming week after week I guess?

I'm perfectly happy with Frank's competency as a chairman and thank him for all he continues to do for a club I've followed round the land for 40 plus years.

Given the evidence I think that’s fair to say. 

To be honest, I think that anyone who backs Unsworth at this point is absolutely mental. I’ve genuinely not seen a single thing to think he’s the man, and I have been trying to look for the reasons to change my mind. 

1 win in 7. 

5 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I am not happy either but I may be if he shows that his apprenticeship as a manager is over and he inspires the players to start winning games and we rapidly climb the table. Or something similar 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

It's a bit of humour that's pretty inoffensive, San Marino blues. Find it hard to get upset at that. 

yes but have you factored in the feelings of the Sammarinese? no, you didnt did you?

*shakes head disparagingly like a superior lefty nose peirced black lesbian boy who identifies as white*

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I am not happy either but I may be if he shows that his apprenticeship as a manager is over and he inspires the players to start winning games and we rapidly climb the table. Or something similar 😉

Yep real inspirational management and tactical genius will be needed as we take on the might and football powerhouses of Dorking, Oxford City, Kidderminster, York, Bromley and Wealdstone this month. 

Can't wait👍

7 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Yep real inspirational management and tactical genius will be needed as we take on the might and football powerhouses of Dorking, Oxford City, Kidderminster, York, Bromley and Wealdstone this month. 

Can't wait👍

l want 15 points and 13 goals minimum or l'll grumble mildly/start to show concern/be happy with 14 depending

22 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Yes it was a good joke initially, a bit like those supporters who used arrows to point at the goal.

My point was the joke doesn't work when we don't play defensive and score goals. I am sure those supporters with the arrows stopped when they started to score goals.

18 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Can't wait👍

All winnable games too 👍