Unsworth Out

10 hours ago, disjointed said:

I most probably need to stay away from this place for a while. I said my piece to Frank on Saturday (no anomosity) and we parted on friendly terms. Pointless me going round in circles about Unsworth, I now realise he is going nowhere. 

weirdly l disagree ir was the most vivid vote of confidence lve ever seen. l do, however, expect us to go on a run now and have to endure 'is only <insert team> what about when we play good teams?

Andy on the podcast saying he sometimes has his head in his hands at what Rhino says is totally relatable. DU's mouth is faster than his brain when he is under pressure. not sure he can change that now but that is where quite a bit of the personal hatred has slowly built from in that his immediate answers in questions are blatantly untrue and with gaslighting being the current buzz problem some people feel he is doing that to us.

l think that's projection and its quite obviously a life tactic employed by, shall we say politely, people who shout a lot.

its kind of a perfect storm of personality. he cant win most of them back now.as is clear in this familiar circular argument

we have only played 7 matches

NO WE HAVENT WHAT ABOUT LAST SEASON

last he wasnt in charge all season and infact under DU we won the second half of the season third placed notatrophy

LAST SEASON DOESNT COUNT THO!!!

its quite an impossible argument with those types and l must say lm so grateful we don't have them in here.

11 hours ago, disjointed said:

I most probably need to stay away from this place for a while. I said my piece to Frank on Saturday (no anomosity) and we parted on friendly terms. Pointless me going round in circles about Unsworth, I now realise he is going nowhere. 

may l request you don't?

despite us being in opposing camps l must say your contribution here is decent and positively contributes to the place. to say you need to stay off here is reminiscent of my own feelings and l'm in the opposite camp. l feel l need to drag myself here in fear of the pissboil and unreason. but thanks to people like yourself l feel we are having it out properly, kind of like the original forums back in ancient Athens and Rome.

Edited by Monty Burns
tried to use grammar. lm self taught on grammar basically via this forum as an adult, so l understand it wont be correct.

Then unfortunately on the footballing side neither are OAFC. guess when is contract is up and we are down to the loyal 3500 we can start again.

Please Please prove me wrong MR Unsworth but I just cant see it.  

20 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Then unfortunately on the footballing side neither are OAFC. guess when is contract is up and we are down to the loyal 3500 we can start again.

Please Please prove me wrong MR Unsworth but I just cant see it.  

deja vu is not a brain trick. this them said this this time last year then he shut the fuck up for six months fuming now hes back vomming bile thru his fingers on to the internet.

pathetic behaviour.

First and foremost, DU is a human being with feelings and family etc. The vitriol, from some quarters, towards him has been disgusting.

If we look at matters objectively it is clear by now that he is not the manager to take us forward. I saw some appalling performances from his teams last season (e.g. Alty away the worst performance I have ever seen from a Latics team). As an early critic, last season, of DU, I have recently attended a couple of games to gauge if I was previously being too hasty in my judgement of DU as a manager.

I wasn't. Despite significant investment, a full close season, superb stability around the club etc., the overall offerings on the pitch have been mediocre. Some people have been excusing the performances because of a couple of injuries to midfielders. Really? We can't cope with losing a couple of players to injury for a while? Lord, help us then.

No, David Unsworth seems like a nice guy; it's just that he's not the man to take us forward unfortunately. We will not progress sufficiently as long as he remains in place.

Lastly, someone needs to have a long chat with Frank Rothwell. We love what you have done for the Latics but no chairman should be getting himself involved with the fans in the manner in which he is doing.  

Edited by wiseowl
spelling
  • Like 10

I am not one baying for his head, nor am I happy with the performances (Aldershot aside). Would I be upset if he goes? No. Would I be devastated if he doesnt ? No. I do think that some of his pre season hype (Winning machine, promotion, fittest team etc) did him little favour in that everyone bought into it. Recruitment seemed solid and the was positivity and expectation encouraged. Pre season seemed to go ok and then... reality. 

I hope it changes and I hope we are there abouts in the post Xmas fixtures. Am I convinced? Nope. Is it possible? Yes. I think the question is is it probable? 

• Like 2

Another BIG reason he needs to go is because I'm having a disaster in this season's predictions league, and until he starts to win more games, and gets the midfield to create more chances for Norwood....as he's my first scorer every week, I'm looking at another relegation.

Unsworth Out! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Another BIG reason he needs to go is because I'm having a disaster in this season's predictions league, and until he starts to win more games, and gets the midfield to create more chances for Norwood....as he's my first scorer every week, I'm looking at another relegation.

Unsworth Out! 

STOP BEING SO INHERINTLEY POSITIVE FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

(don't really)

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

First and foremost, DU is a human being with feelings and family etc. The vitriol, from some quarters, towards him has been disgusting.

If we look at matters objectively it is clear by now that he is not the manager to take us forward. I saw some appalling performances from his teams last season (e.g. Alty away the worst performance I have ever seen from a Latics team). As an early critic, last season, of DU, I have recently attended a couple of games to gauge if I was previously being too hasty in my judgement of DU as a manager.

I wasn't. Despite significant investment, a full close season, superb stability around the club etc., the overall offerings on the pitch have been mediocre. Some people have been excusing the performances because of a couple of injuries to midfielders. Really? We can't cope with losing a couple of players to injury for a while? Lord, help us then.

No, David Unsworth seems like a nice guy; it's just that he's not the man to take us forward unfortunately. We will not progress sufficiently as long as he remains in place.

Lastly, someone needs to have a long chat with Frank Rothwell. We love what you have done for the Latics but no chairman should be getting himself involved with the fans in the manner in which he is doing.  

grrrrr you [also] didnt say 'but...'

article in the Oldham Times claiming Rhino neeeeeds to come over to the fans to get abuse. apparantley people were saying it leaving the stadium 🙄

of course they were they wanted to wave a flag at him and call him fat!!!

tbf it has been framed differently than this in the aticle and it makes cognitive sense. but theres not enough cognition in our fanbase at the moment and the article is a tad naïve.

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/23768704.oldham-athletic-fans-column-latics-achieving/

To be fair DU as a point. Some of the yellow cards especially against Halifax were soft to say the least.  We all know the issue with Fondop and Shelton kicking the ball away and how that's going to be dealt with this season, so lessons need learning there. We also know Shelton's 2nd yellow was trigger happy refereeing. Sutton was rash and Fondop stupid. So come on bash DU for bashable offenses not this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

To be fair DU as a point. Some of the yellow cards especially against Halifax were soft to say the least.  We all know the issue with Fondop and Shelton kicking the ball away and how that's going to be dealt with this season, so lessons need learning there. We also know Shelton's 2nd yellow was trigger happy refereeing. Sutton was rash and Fondop stupid. So come on bash DU for bashable offenses not this.

He's been blamed for everything bar inflation by some.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

He seems to be complaining about refs actually applying the law...  Bizarre

It's already not being strictly applied in the Premiership, Antony not booked for hoofing the ball away on Sunday.

But Anthony Taylor excused him by saying he hadn't blown his whistle for the original foul !  🙄

10 minutes ago, Lags said:

bash bash bash

truth is irrelevant

So we go again....

No wins in out last 6

A paltry 7 pts from 8 league games

Already 12 points behind Barnet and Chesterfield at the top

Take out the Aldershot game and we've scored 4 goals in 7 games with 5 so called top NL strikers on £££££s

Pay on the day pundits already 1000+ down ( so about £30k per game if you include food drinks etc I'd guess)

Fans toxicity and frustration at home games growing by the week

Most importantly no signs of improvement from the team😬

He HAS to go before things get out of hand.

• Like 2

Waiting for the give him time brigade …..

wait till all our injuries have cleared up blah blah blah 

the guys not up to the job and seems clueless in any of his tactics and formations.

time to do something Frank before it’s to late ……

• Like 1