Away Fans

An increasing number of an absolute nob heads amongst us these days.

The video showing Frank leaving is awful. The man has saved us from oblivion, wants to support the team and to see him leave before the end of the game, having people screaming at him to get rid of Unsworth, ultimately missing the equaliser, yet having potentially to foot the bill for the pitch invasion, is a disgrace.

Also a special mention for the cretin who assaulted their goalkeeper - if you know him, call him out yeah?

• Like 11

Their was a time when going to away games was alot of fun back in the days of the beardy bus they weren't exactly tea parties and people would drink but overall the spirit was cordial and people were there to back the team have a sing song and a good day out.

For a number of people this is still the case, but it's been getting increasingly worse particularly for the local away days for a number of years now with More and more scrotes who want to take something abit stronger than drink and who barely even watch the game and it turns into dickheads day out. Remember in 2018 when that moron ran on the pitch at Spotland and tried to assault the referee. It will be the same when we play them in October a load of Stone Island clad scrotes going to the toilets snorting shit and getting aggressive. I can't be arsed with it tbh so I probably won't go.

The last local away I went to was Bury in 2019. Because we have a group of nobheads following us we now get a heavy handed police presence. As we were walking back to the town centre after the game it kicked off between a group of Oldham fans and the plod who were more than willing to start smacking people over there heads with trunctions.

What we saw yesterday (which I know a last minute equaliser away from homeshould be celebrated but seriously that was more than over the top) will mean that when we do play Rochdale the plod will be out in full force and some will be only too willing to take a heavy handed approach and dish out a few beating. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their was a time when going to away games was alot of fun back in the days of the beardy bus they weren't exactly tea parties and people would drink but overall the spirit was cordial and people were there to back the team have a sing song and a good day out.

For a number of people this is still the case, but it's been getting increasingly worse particularly for the local away days for a number of years now with More and more scrotes who want to take something abit stronger than drink and who barely even watch the game and it turns into dickheads day out. Remember in 2018 when that moron ran on the pitch at Spotland and tried to assault the referee. It will be the same when we play them in October a load of Stone Island clad scrotes going to the toilets snorting shit and getting aggressive. I can't be arsed with it tbh so I probably won't go.

The last local away I went to was Bury in 2019. Because we have a group of nobheads following us we now get a heavy handed police presence. As we were walking back to the town centre after the game it kicked off between a group of Oldham fans and the plod who were more than willing to start smacking people over there heads with trunctions.

What we saw yesterday (which I know a last minute equaliser away from homeshould be celebrated but seriously that was more than over the top) will mean that when we do play Rochdale the plod will be out in full force and some will be only too willing to take a heavy handed approach and dish out a few beating. 

There will be more heavy handed policing at games and clubs will look at possibly reducing numbers of tickets and/or placing our further backnin stands where possible. As usual a minority of wankers ruin a good day out for people who have enough brain cells to behave

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

There will be more heavy handed policing at games and clubs will look at possibly reducing numbers of tickets and/or placing our further backnin stands where possible. As usual a minority of wankers ruin a good day out for people who have enough brain cells to behave

Yep, I can't see us getting anything near 1500 at Chesterfield again for a very long time...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well put Glossop. 
I applaud those Latics fans who do spend time and money to travel all over and give support. But there’s almost a desire amongst some to look for conflict or seek out negativity, whether it’s slagging off players, management, other fans or whatever.

I’m not getting into the “everyone has the right to criticise “ argument - it’s slagging off, the foul abuse, that alienates me.

Maybe I’m old fashioned, or just old, but it’s going to put off families as well as others. I remember going to watch Latics at Chesterfield in 61/2 and it was a great ( looking for BU reg cars on the way!) . Glad I wasn’t there with kids yesterday. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

And people say there is no agenda ?  🙄

Proofs in the pudding, I'm saying it as i see it and Unsworth is out of his depth, you don't have to agree but we are going absolutely nowhere with this set up. Sooner he's gone the better. 

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Plenty of them on Twitter excusing their behaviour, everyone and everything is fair game it seems.

Can’t get on Twitter now but I’d love to hear what the excuses are for dragging our club through the gutter again. And I’m glad I didn’t actually go yesterday because rightly or wrongly I wouldn’t have been able to stay put whilst those muppets were having a go at Rothwell 

Agree with above, the consequences are gonna be less tickets and stricter policing and the non-wanker fans suffering for it. Why do people need to get absolutely slaughtered and snort half of Medellin to enjoy their day out? I love an away day but am increasingly getting more embarrassed by the behaviour of a minority. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Agree with above, the consequences are gonna be less tickets and stricter policing and the non-wanker fans suffering for it. Why do people need to get absolutely slaughtered and snort half of Medellin to enjoy their day out? I love an away day but am increasingly getting more embarrassed by the behaviour of a minority. 

They do it because they are sad individuals who clearly have fuck all go on in their sad lives

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

well put. it's not just us tho and don't forget if their isnt a knobhead element looking to wrestle on our behalf then the normal fans get it.

we might just look active because we moved ourselves into a shit small pond.

l dont think (m)any went on looking to duck and weave but l can understand chesterfield fans reacting like they did considering its the third time on the spin we have done it. 

we are starved, desperate and full of passion. shit happens.

every year the police update banning orders and we get about 10 per season. l'd be very suprised if we get 80 bans for one incident.

touching players, officials, staff or ball boys is wholly unacceptable, however. ban that guy.

the 'stewarding' was lame. getting a few 60 year old retired women, giving them a yellow coat and £30 is neglectful on chesterfields part in regard to their duty of care.

9 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

well put. it's not just us tho and don't forget if their isnt a knobhead element looking to wrestle on our behalf then the normal fans get it.

we might just look active because we moved ourselves into a shit small pond.

l dont think (m)any went on looking to duck and weave but l can understand chesterfield fans reacting like they did considering its the third time on the spin we have done it. 

we are starved, desperate and full of passion. shit happens.

every year the police update banning orders and we get about 10 per season. l'd be very suprised if we get 80 bans for one incident.

They are not wrestling on my behalf they are just a bunch of failures all they are doing is making the normal fans day worse.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

well yeah true but it wuda been worse if you got chinned on your way home. 

I know what you are saying but when hooliganism was rife in the 70s - far worse than today - I went to pretty well every home game and lots of aways and it wasn't difficult to avoid trouble. You just needed to be a bit street wise and work out where to stand and if necessary move about. People who looked for trouble usually found it and those who spotted it and weren't interested could usually avoid it,

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I know what you are saying but when hooliganism was rife in the 70s - far worse than today - I went to pretty well every home game and lots of aways and it wasn't difficult to avoid trouble. You just needed to be a bit street wise and work out where to stand and if necessary move about. People who looked for trouble usually found it and those who spotted it and weren't interested could usually avoid it,

Spot on, still doesn't make it right what happened, we need to root out these people who are giving our club a bad name. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lags said:

A few good hidings at the hands of some serious firms would curb it.  Yeah yeah I know violence is not the answer and I live in the old world thinking,  but that's really the world we live in.  Ask a Ukrainian. 

Serious firms like Fylde and Wealdstone 

• Like 1