Gateshead (A) tickets

6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Course you don't. You obviously don't watch football if you think strikers don't defend corners. Watch Man City and you'll see Erling Haaland defending corners

To start with, I have no interest in anything above League one and I couldn't care less what other's do, that's how I'd be if I were a manager.

You see it time and time again, what happens with 10 men behind the ball, inviting pressure, which more often than not leads to defensive errors.

Not that we need any help in that department 😏

13 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Striker's should never be defending corner's 

Not their job and by doing it, there's no way of getting out

Forwards half way line or further dependant on the last defender and bloody stay there.

Give the other team something to think about instead of all this Alamo sitting deep bollox

I think you'll be in a very small minority on this one.  The best sides defend from the front and big centre forwards defend corners.  They have since year dot.

Still,  you're within your rights to hold a different view.  Still wrong though. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Striker's should never be defending corner's 

Not their job and by doing it, there's no way of getting out

Forwards half way line or further dependant on the last defender and bloody stay there.

Give the other team something to think about instead of all this Alamo sitting deep bollox

EDIT. Double post sorry.

Edited by Lags

13 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

To start with, I have no interest in anything above League one and I couldn't care less what other's do, that's how I'd be if I were a manager.

You see it time and time again, what happens with 10 men behind the ball, inviting pressure, which more often than not leads to defensive errors.

Not that we need any help in that department 😏

The best team IN THE WORLD does it, but you're still right? Sound

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The best team IN THE WORLD does it, but you're still right? Sound

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

So you're a closet citeh fan now

Lightweight you!

technically real madrid are the current planets best team.

Edited by Monty Burns
team
  • Like 1

Funny old game, football. Despite the positivity about this game from people I'm usually arguing with for being overly negative, I was the most disappointed I've been this season having seen all the games bar Southend. I thought this was the first time this season I'd seen a return to last years style of play.  In all 3 home games I thought we've been mostly positive, bright and playing decent football.  At Chesterfield when we did play, we passed a bit. And at Borehamwood I still thought that when we played on the ground I could see a pattern to it. 

This match though, I thought we went back to the ways of last season and the only way I can think to describe it is that we look to occupy territory in dangerous areas and sort of hope that the decent players will create something. Rather than looking like a prepared style of play. This was a bit disappointing for me.  However, given what Marc White said on the phone in about teams working out a way of being succesful in this league, maybe reverting to that away from home is the plan. Will need to get results though. I'm hopeful at home he'll stick to positivity and trying to play football. I do think they've been mostly trying to do that at home so far, with varying success.

On 9/3/2023 at 12:42 PM, oafcmetty said:

Kind of ironic that we start the game, a game we need to win and ideally score a few goals, with one striker on the pitch. Yet when it's time to close out the game and hold onto the one-goal lead we have, we have three on the field.

I don't think playing 1 ST is necessarily automatically negative like most people on here and twitter make out

If we're playing a proper 433 then we could actually create more and be a bit more fluid

But the problem we've got is when DU says 433, he means 451

• Like 1

17 hours ago, St92 said:

I don't think playing 1 ST is necessarily automatically negative like most people on here and twitter make out

If we're playing a proper 433 then we could actually create more and be a bit more fluid

But the problem we've got is when DU says 433, he means 451

It worked at Gateshead but wasn't the formation to use against a team of builders from Dorking at home, problem yesterday was as the game wore on Green and Dickinson became less and less effective (as they have done since they got here), we really should be naming the likes of Tollitt and Hope on the bench to bring on in these wide areas but for whatever reason Unsworth is unable to comprehend what is required, just to emphasise how clueless he is we named one upfront and four strikers on the initial team sheet Fondop, Nuttall, Willoughby and Reid, Reid was eventually replaced with Freeman but what was the point of that? Sutton has cramped up late on the last two games and he's left Freeman sat on the bench.

4-5-1 can work but Norwood was dropping in to the 5 man midfield yesterday and when we did have midfield runners nobody had the ability to pick them out, Sheron in particular made half a dozen really good runs from deep which were completely missed.

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It worked at Gateshead but wasn't the formation to use against a team of builders from Dorking at home, problem yesterday was as the game wore on Green and Dickinson became less and less effective (as they have done since they got here), we really should be naming the likes of Tollitt and Hope on the bench to bring on in these wide areas but for whatever reason Unsworth is unable to comprehend what is required, just to emphasise how clueless he is we named one upfront and four strikers on the initial team sheet Fondop, Nuttall, Willoughby and Reid, Reid was eventually replaced with Freeman but what was the point of that? Sutton has cramped up late on the last two games and he's left Freeman sat on the bench.

4-5-1 can work but Norwood was dropping in to the 5 man midfield yesterday and when we did have midfield runners nobody had the ability to pick them out, Sheron in particular made half a dozen really good runs from deep which were completely missed.

Imagine playing 433 and having no wide men on the bench. Fucking fraud this bloke. He has not got a fucking clue other than throw strikers in the pitch and hope they nick a goal. Fucking pisses me off big time. It’s been blatantly clear for fucking ages this guy is out of his depth and is just fucking stupid. Fuck off out our club and take that other scouser that nods his head with you. Pricks the lot of them. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

just to emphasise how clueless he is we named one upfront and four strikers on the initial team sheet Fondop, Nuttall, Willoughby and Reid, Reid was eventually replaced with Freeman but what was the point of that? Sutton has cramped up late on the last two games and he's left Freeman sat on the bench.

I hadn’t realised this on the day 😮

- there were four players who needed replacing in the second half - Ward inevitably and Dickenson, Green and Sutton who all seemed to struggle fitness wise from the hour mark onwards.

(Green was feeling his hamstring at ht)

fwiw, Sutton (who bizarrely got the sponsors MotM) does not look comfortable as a right back - Freeman on the bench as well.

Dickenson looks unfit and Green just seems to fade as he does in most games.

Also - I can only surmise that Hope, Tollit and McGahey are the ones who Unsworth wants to move on.

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Imagine playing 433 and having no wide men on the bench. Fucking fraud this bloke. He has not got a fucking clue other than throw strikers in the pitch and hope they nick a goal. Fucking pisses me off big time. It’s been blatantly clear for fucking ages this guy is out of his depth and is just fucking stupid. Fuck off out our club and take that other scouser that nods his head with you. Pricks the lot of them. 

I take it you're not happy. :D