Gateshead (A) tickets

Very poor turn out that, fair play to anyone whose still going though.

I know Frank is unlikely to change and I know he's a supporter but he really does need to stop addressing the fans like that, fair enough if they want to stand by their man you could view it as honourable but I'm just not comfortable with it, particularly when everything is so bad on the pitch.

Edited by yarddog73

1 hour ago, dannyboy55555 said:

I hate this they haven’t had a pre season bollocks. We’ve been trotting it out for our own players for years and now whenever we sign someone. Players should be looking after themselves and if they haven’t we shouldn’t be signing them. We have had ample time to plan and recruit for this season so if players are unfit it’s down to the management. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

No reason for being off pace, they can train pre season with other clubs and do gym work.

DU goes on about his computer analysis yet one of the most important things - the fitness of proposed signings is left to chance.

Both had lengthy injuries so I'd imagine that's the reason. Be stated numerous times. 

19 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Both had lengthy injuries so I'd imagine that's the reason. Be stated numerous times. 

So no use to us then?

Shez got absolutely crucified for bringing players in of similar ilk yet when Unsworth does it we are bringing in the experience that's needed.

Recruitment has been nothing short of awful and my worry is they are again going to have to recruit given we have nobody to play central midfield next week.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 3

that was better at times and the intent and press was higher. but at 2-1 we should have Rhinoballed them 😡

also Frank in the stand repeating his plea to Agenda Ladz.

come onnn lads fuckin back the saviour will you, stop harming our club and pospects. a man of such dignity and honour should not be reduced to begging. it is so wrong its unfuckinreal.

DAVID UNSWORTHS BLUE N WHITE ARMY

39 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

that was better at times and the intent and press was higher. but at 2-1 we should have Rhinoballed them 😡

also Frank in the stand repeating his plea to Agenda Ladz.

come onnn lads fuckin back the saviour will you, stop harming our club and pospects. a man of such dignity and honour should not be reduced to begging. it is so wrong its unfuckinreal.

DAVID UNSWORTHS BLUE N WHITE ARMY

Monty you are confusing loyalty to the Rothwells with loyalty for Unsworth. 

Rothwells have earnt our loyalty. Unsy has done nothing but strangle us so far. 

Edited by LightDN123

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Monty you are confusing loyalty to the Rothwells with loyalty for Unsworth. 

Rothwells have earnt our loyalty. Unsy has done nothing but strangle us so far. 

no l'm not its all the same.

you are confusing harming the club with loving the club. l accept that its hard to get out of, but its Frank who was begging you to try.

2 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Let's just agree to disagree and say that they were infinitely more positive than his regular square pegs.

The whole set-up was more positive. If we play that formation with Lundstrom Ward and a fully fit Green, we won't be far off at the pointy end.

Cannot blame Unswoth for Hogan's and Sutton's brain farts. They just switched off.

NB, I think that Hogan thinks that he is Bryan Robson

The first 2 were positive, but he got forced into one rather than choosing it himself

The 3rd one was just baffling. No one sees Nuttall play and thinks he's suited to playing wide apart from DU. If he's playing he's a ST only realistically 

16 minutes ago, St92 said:

The first 2 were positive, but he got forced into one rather than choosing it himself

The 3rd one was just baffling. No one sees Nuttall play and thinks he's suited to playing wide apart from DU. If he's playing he's a ST only realistically 

Kind of ironic that we start the game, a game we need to win and ideally score a few goals, with one striker on the pitch. Yet when it's time to close out the game and hold onto the one-goal lead we have, we have three on the field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

So no use to us then?

Shez got absolutely crucified for bringing players in of similar ilk yet when Unsworth does it we are bringing in the experience that's needed.

Recruitment has been nothing short of awful and my worry is they are again going to have to recruit given we have nobody to play central midfield next week.

They will be of use. Dickenson did alright again yesterday. They'll get up to speed

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I know Frank is unlikely to change and I know he's a supporter but he really does need to stop addressing the fans like that, fair enough if they want to stand by their man you could view it as honourable but I'm just not comfortable with it, particularly when everything is so bad on the pitch.

l'm glad you feel uneasy. Frank says go away and have a focus on it bc he is begging you and many more and that's the queasy bit 🤮

you have articulated many reasonable doubts and the manner you do it is deserving of Franks attempts.

there's a group he is talking more towards than yourself and they don't deserve it. that also stirs feelings.

l think we feel the same but l'm just blind faith getting on Franks Rhino Ship even tho l can't swim and l'm terrified of the open ocean. if l believed in residual past lives l would be able to blame it on drowning at sea in one of mine. but l 99.9r% don't so l can't.

Edited by Monty Burns
Frank says

14 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Kind of ironic that we start the game, a game we need to win and ideally score a few goals, with one striker on the pitch. Yet when it's time to close out the game and hold onto the one-goal lead we have, we have three on the field.

yes. that was where yesterday 'failed' we should have gone Rhinobore for the last ten minutes and brought back all the points instead of sharing them.

he went looking for a third to appease bell ends who can't even see it, nevermind appreciate it.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

So no use to us then?

Recruitment has been strange. This time last season, Tollitt & Hope had both scored about 3 goals each and looked our main source of goals. That was with a supporting act of Cooper, J.Clarke, Stobbs etc.

Now neither can get on the bench, but we’re playing central strikers Kurt & Nuttall in wide roles which would be much better suited to Hope & Tollitt.

Unsworth’s only doing this because he’s overloaded with new players and doesn’t know how to use them.

Mad to think that we had Kurt, Reid, Nuttall, Raglan, Freeman, Norman, Tollitt, Hope all available yesterday but could afford not to start any of them.

Yet an injury or suspension to a midfielder and we look exposed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Recruitment has been strange. This time last season, Tollitt & Hope had both scored about 3 goals each and looked our main source of goals. That was with a supporting act of Cooper, J.Clarke, Stobbs etc.

Now neither can get on the bench, but we’re playing central strikers Kurt & Nuttall in wide roles which would be much better suited to Hope & Tollitt.

Unsworth’s only doing this because he’s overloaded with new players and doesn’t know how to use them.

Mad to think that we had Kurt, Reid, Nuttall, Raglan, Freeman, Norman, Tollitt, Hope all available yesterday but could afford not to start any of them.

Yet an injury or suspension to a midfielder and we look exposed.

can't argue with this apart from suggesting Squadophobia. l had it in pre season before it was fashionable. nobody mentions it tho and l'm over it, l like our GK DEF and ATT options its fuckin great 😎

MID not so much and lve only been saying it for a year. along with everybody else.

l feel l have veered slightly from constructive criticism there but l'm letting it go.

Poor subs cost us , thought we played ok 2nd half & after we scored they ran out of ideas. Your right I think he went looking for the third to kill them off but I don’t think anyone would have complained if Raglan had come on instead of Nuttall.

To me Nuttalls whole body language says “I don’t want to be here” 

The one thing DU must do is get the onfield discipline sorted, players getting booked for fouls is part & parcel of football but both Fondop & Shelton started with stupid yellows for kicking the ball away .

8 minutes ago, Bluemood said:

Poor subs cost us , thought we played ok 2nd half & after we scored they ran out of ideas. Your right I think he went looking for the third to kill them off but I don’t think anyone would have complained if Raglan had come on instead of Nuttall.

The one thing DU must do is get the onfield discipline sorted, players getting booked for fouls is part & parcel of football but both Fondop & Shelton started with stupid yellows for kicking the ball away .

our indiscipline is annoying me because lve not seen a really good reducer placed on a single one of our opponents main men.

Will Sutton wasnt even a foul.

20 minutes ago, Bluemood said:

They definitely would if we had then conceded as we did

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They definitely would if we had then conceded as we did

yes we should have gone Rhinobore and yes some of the same people who say he fucked the subs and tactics up will say it no matter who the subs and what the tactics were.

Frank thinks those people are twats but he very politely begged them yesterday please dont be twats and it was demeaning. such a man reduced to such actions is a disgrace.

Did anyone at the match try to put the counter point to Frank after his Unsworth loves the club speech, on why Unsworth is not working? Did anyone actually hear him say he's is not going anywhere? Also I didn't think the performance was bad we showed more intent to attack than before and we were more further forward in our style of play. I do think Liam Hogan is a liability despite the goal. There's a reason why Stockport let him go and we are now seeing it. The first choice centrebacks need to be Hobson and Raglan with Sutton as backup.

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

agreed on both fronts but l instantly withdraw opinion one as l was not in attendance.

l honest think if the players are allowed to play more front foot like yesterday and stick with it, and the staff train them with it, and everybody talks about it in meetings and everybody talks about it to each other. we will be absolutely fine in all aspects.

he could have taken the lead last night and then Rhinoballed them, but he didn't.

gateshead at times were taking goalkicks with three of our men on their 18 yard line.

theres take take take lets show a bit more give!!

lve tried to make this post completely undisagreeable with, contain constructive DU criticism, praise and hindsight pointing of the obvious, how did l do? 🤣

l really miss playing Football. anybody reading this if you are young and youre fucking off Football to get drunk and/or get high and/or finger girls (or boys) stop it theres room for all of it and you can still do the other three when your legs start to move slower than your brain.

Edited by Monty Burns

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

agreed on both fronts but l instantly withdraw opinion one as l was not in attendance.

l honest think if the players are allowed to play more front foot like yesterday and stick with it, and the staff train them with it, and everybody talks about it in meetings and everybody talks about it to each other. we will be absolutely fine in all aspects.

he could have taken the lead last night and then Rhinoballed them, but he didn't.

gateshead at times were taking goalkicks with three of our men on their 18 yard line.

theres take take take lets show a bit more give!!

lve tried to make this post completely undisagreeable with, contain constructive DU criticism, praise and hindsight pointing of the obvious, how did l do? 🤣

l really miss playing Football. anybody reading this if you are young and youre fucking off Football to get drunk and/or get high and/or finger girls (or boys) stop it theres room for all of it and you can still do the other three when your legs start to move slower than your brain.

Last paragraph could make the next FA Coaching manual !!   😉

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Last paragraph could make the next FA Coaching manual !!   😉

l'm not sure its in the manual but it was defo repeatedly said to me. and ignored.

now theres people on here seen how slow my feet are and a chase for a long ball was refered to as 'like a convoy of oil tankers trying to outrun a storm'

so l carried on a few more year, obviously!!

AND l won us a corner.

Edited by Monty Burns
A convoy

l basically openly advertise how not to live a life and so far all the children who have grown up around me have been successful as fuck whilst still loving me (ffs just fuckoff to your parents will ya 🤣)

it doesnt translate as well on tinterweb but if l can help just one petson then lm happy. well, lm not lm disappointed nobody listened, but l can park that and get stoned.

2 hours ago, Bluemood said:

Nuttall can't do the chasing he's being asked to do and basically fooks it off the moment anyone gets a run on him,

Down the middle's his game and pointless him being here the way he's being used.