Gateshead (A) tickets

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

For all the pre season promises we will be the fittest team in the league we look completely the opposite.

Freeman and Dickenson look miles off the pace.

We spend so much time out of possession that we are having to work alot harder than we should do as we are chasing the game.

It's wearing us down its also the reason why we are picking up so many bookings.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We spend so much time out of possession that we are having to work alot harder than we should do as we are chasing the game.

It's wearing us down its also the reason why we are picking up so many bookings.

We've probably had more bookings for dissent than anything else.

54 minutes ago, St92 said:

Are you suggesting 6 games with 0 goals that didn't come from poor goalkeeping/goalkeeping howlers is ok because we scored 5 in 1 other game? 

Surely I have to have misunderstood your comment...

They all count. We've missed sitters before.

29 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Because they haven't had a pre-season ?

He still doesn't get it. Annoyed cos they're not having a fag pre game and strolling round like they did in the 50s

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They all count. We've missed sitters before.

Surely you agree that over the course of those 6 games, we have created next to nothing though?

Today we had more chances admittedly, but that number hasn't been the norm

2 minutes ago, St92 said:

Surely you agree that over the course of those 6 games, we have created next to nothing though?

Today we had more chances admittedly, but that number hasn't been the norm

No. Not at all. Created plenty. Just haven't finished. Norwood hit bar from a yard out in one. Reid missed an open goal from 4 yards. Shelton from 6. Go back and watch highlights. Some ridiculous misses

Well and truly pissed off by the loss of two points today, which would have placed Latics in a much better position in the table, ahead of the next game against Dorking. It sounds as though the refereeing in this league is absolutely abysmal, although can we really excuse all the indiscipline the team is racking up?

A win next week is now an absolute must in my eyes, anything less will see the dissipation of any hope of promotion, not necessarily because the playoffs are out of reach but more the lack of belief that the team is going to achieve anything above mediocre, despite having a lethal striker up front.

Gross mismanagement by Unsworth has undone the season before it's really begun.

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

No. Not at all. Created plenty. Just haven't finished. Norwood hit bar from a yard out in one. Reid missed an open goal from 4 yards. Shelton from 6. Go back and watch highlights. Some ridiculous misses

What does that mean then, a lack of skill or a lack of confidence?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

For all the pre season promises we will be the fittest team in the league we look completely the opposite.

Freeman and Dickenson look miles off the pace.

Strange you highlight these 2 who actually have a reason for looking off the pace but your golden boy Sutton has been blowin for the last 10 mins + in the last 2 games yet he has age on his side.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Nope. 

Gutted.  Eternally grateful to Frank and I admire his loyalty - I even empathise with the Unsworth In lads' reason for keeping him, however silly their arguments may be - but we have the luckiest man in football as manager here.  He seems to be under no pressure.

Still, it's all better than it was pre-Frank.  Of that there's no doubt.

• Like 5

Didn't enjoy that today at all. Flat, negative atmosphere from the start. Horrible, horrible "football" stadium. Dickhead supposed supporters kicking off with each other. Just nasty and poisonous.

As for the game. 1st half was horrible,  both teams dreadful. Enjoyed watching Gateshead last season, they looked a shadow of the side. Us not much better, very lucky goal

2nd half much better, real intent from Oldham and deserved the goal. Lack of cutting edge is killing us. Should've been 2/3 up. 2nd goal we conceded was just bad. 

I'd have taken a point at Gateshead in different circumstances but we should've won that today. Not sure how much he can be blamed for today, I haven't really had time to reflect, but Unsworth's clock has to be ticking 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Because they haven't had a pre-season ?

I hate this they haven’t had a pre season bollocks. We’ve been trotting it out for our own players for years and now whenever we sign someone. Players should be looking after themselves and if they haven’t we shouldn’t be signing them. We have had ample time to plan and recruit for this season so if players are unfit it’s down to the management. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Strange you highlight these 2 who actually have a reason for looking off the pace but your golden boy Sutton has been blowin for the last 10 mins + in the last 2 games yet he has age on his side.

Ask the ones supposedly in charge of training, if we have any.

8 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Didn't enjoy that today at all. Flat, negative atmosphere from the start. Horrible, horrible "football" stadium. Dickhead supposed supporters kicking off with each other. Just nasty and poisonous.

As for the game. 1st half was horrible,  both teams dreadful. Enjoyed watching Gateshead last season, they looked a shadow of the side. Us not much better, very lucky goal

2nd half much better, real intent from Oldham and deserved the goal. Lack of cutting edge is killing us. Should've been 2/3 up. 2nd goal we conceded was just bad. 

I'd have taken a point at Gateshead in different circumstances but we should've won that today. Not sure how much he can be blamed for today, I haven't really had time to reflect, but Unsworth's clock has to be ticking 

When we're the supporters kicking off with each other, I missed that. 

10 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

No reason for being off pace, they can train pre season with other clubs and do gym work.

DU goes on about his computer analysis yet one of the most important things - the fitness of proposed signings is left to chance.

6 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

After full time. Some cocaine fuelled whopper was doing the whole "hold me back lads routine" with someone. Very small minority in fairness 

Right, I left straight after the full time whistle, walked back to the metro with a couple og Gateshead fans who felt they were lucky to get a point. 

13 hours ago, St92 said:

Didn't get the subs right at all.

The first one was accidental, because he wouldn't have made that change if Gardner wasn't injured.

The 2nd was fair enough, fresh legs up top and Reid running behind created opportunities

The 3rd was ridiculous. Nuttall should never be a RM, he's a ST through and through. And it made no sense to make that change when Sutton had been struggling with what looked like cramp for 10-15 mins. And Sutton playing their player onside played a big part in that 2nd goal

Let's just agree to disagree and say that they were infinitely more positive than his regular square pegs.

The whole set-up was more positive. If we play that formation with Lundstrom Ward and a fully fit Green, we won't be far off at the pointy end.

Cannot blame Unswoth for Hogan's and Sutton's brain farts. They just switched off.

NB, I think that Hogan thinks that he is Bryan Robson

• Like 2