Gateshead (A) tickets

Watched it on TV

Slight improvement at times, but not enough improvement by a long way.

We only seem to score when we get help from their GK which is a huge concern with our strikers

Again, we created nothing for Norwood

2 games in the same week where we get a player sent off for 2 yellows where one was for kicking the ball away

Poor game management from DU, bringing Nuttall on when we have Sutton obviously struggling with cramp. And playing Nuttall as a winger full stop is poor.

Stupidity from Hogan and Hudson for their 2nd

And again, poor from DU to have the bench set up as it was. If we're playing 433, you need wide players on the bench. They're not world class players, but Hope or Tollitt has to be on the bench for that. You don't need Reid and Nuttall there when you're playing with 1 ST. Needs to be brave, pick which one he wants, and the other isn't in the squad. Willoughby can play wide or central so there's the option if you need to bring more forwards in to the team.

All in all, struggling to see what people are seeing to think DU can turn it around. Looks like a matter of time before we have to change it for me, and if we wait too long it could be another season of trying to avoid relegation.

Expecting a big drop in crowd for Dorking

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Yes, but I saw signs today.

Couldn't believe what I was watching when DU actually got his subs right and our heads didn't drop. We still went for it.

Didn't get the subs right at all.

The first one was accidental, because he wouldn't have made that change if Gardner wasn't injured.

The 2nd was fair enough, fresh legs up top and Reid running behind created opportunities

The 3rd was ridiculous. Nuttall should never be a RM, he's a ST through and through. And it made no sense to make that change when Sutton had been struggling with what looked like cramp for 10-15 mins. And Sutton playing their player onside played a big part in that 2nd goal

• Like 1

I'm pretty certain that Shelton got sent off for his reaction to the decision rather than the foul.  I'm also sure exactly the same thing happened for his first booking too.

Did we not get the memo about this?  Refs have clearly been given this directive and we've picked up so many bookings like it this season already, it's so stupid by the players and it's obviously something Unsworth isn't controlling.

We've got enough in this squad to challenge for the playoffs as a minimum and it's clear that Unsworth is nowhere near getting the best out of them.  Results would be his only saving grace and he's not getting them.  He should go.

• Like 1

Thought we were ok overall.

Should have managed the game better though, and I agree with the above, bringing Nuttall on exposed Sutton, although what he was doing dropping off so deep on his own for their second?

The referee's are absolutely atrocious in this league, I thought they were bad in the EFL but fuck me, so bad down here.

Unsworth looked proper deflated towards the end.

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

1 win in 7 

One defeat in 4, though!!  Exciting times..

We played better than we have been playing, is the faintest praise I can give it.

They missed a few chances.  We were helped out by their 'keeper for our goals.  We've still yet to look like a promotion-challenging team under Unsworth.

Fair play to Frank for his speech pre-match - great that he seems to be in it for the long hall, but I think he might be accepting mediocrity when he shouldn't need to...

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 1

Offensively and in possession the second half was so much better than the first half. We actually looked a threat throughout the half and our build play was miles better. We could and should have had 3 or 4. We defended fairly well in the first half, but then completely lost our shape for their second and looked all over the place. 

We are in games. 

But we can’t get over the line. . .

1 win 7. . . 

Dress it up how you want, but I can’t help feeling that while we’re good in patches we could be so much more over 90 minutes.