MATCH: Dorking Wanderers (H) 09/09/23

17 hours ago, Wardie said:

Bromley away next, they are five points and eight places ahead and won 4-1 at home yesterday against Maidenhead, who are on ten points. I cannot see any other result than the ones we are fast getting used to. Sick of Unsworth, sick of being let down time after time and becoming disillusioned by the inaction of a stubborn boardroom.

It will be 8 at back and a 1-0 win  justifying the boards faith.

We know that's going to happen.

42 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

We always needed a second or change kit. 

But it was often ad hoc depending on the opposition, not a rip off money making venture.

Third kits an even bigger rip off, but if gullible fans keep falling for the hype it will obviously continue.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Every club in the land do it.

It's the way of the world now, doesn't make it better or right.

When I win the Euromillions I'll have the attacking dream team with a proper identity.

Won't be long now.🙂

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

if I were a football manger I'd start out with 'how I want to play?'

That would vary a bit depending on the opposition.  Let's say 4-5-1 away against the best teams, 4-4-2 for the others, maybe 4-3-3 at home. (other formations are available... take your pick this is just an example for a thought process)

Next who are the strongest 11 in the chosen formation? Does that leave any holes/ weaknesses- maybe today you would say 'oh I'm short of a right full back'.

Do I need a different formation for this game to avoid an obvious weakness?- say the opposition have a brilliant left winger. Do I keep the formation but change the personnel- a more defensive RM to support the weaker fullback?

So I have my starting 11.

Next what happens if any individual player is injured? Do my 5 subs offer an adequate replacement ( including if I do a shuffle- lets say I loose my right back can I move a CD over and bring a CD on more comfortable in the centre.

So I have my draft bench. Right what about scenarios

- I can't break them down- how do I change it?

-I've gone behind- how do a get back in it?

-I'm overwhelmed in the middle/ down the flank etc- how do I stiffen the side

-I'm just in front - do I need to change it to close the game out?

-I've got this won- If I want a cricket score who do I give time too.....

Does this bench give me good/ reasonable options for those scenarios and others?

So yes I'd have a Keeper on the bench.

I'd also have thought about the scenarios above (and others) and the team would know what i'd be likely to do in those situations.

I'm not convinced DU has a plan let alone communicated it to the team.

6 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

That would vary a bit depending on the opposition.  Let's say 4-5-1 away against the best teams, 4-4-2 for the others, maybe 4-3-3 at home. (other formations are available... take your pick this is just an example for a thought process)

Next who are the strongest 11 in the chosen formation? Does that leave any holes/ weaknesses- maybe today you would say 'oh I'm short of a right full back'.

Do I need a different formation for this game to avoid an obvious weakness?- say the opposition have a brilliant left winger. Do I keep the formation but change the personnel- a more defensive RM to support the weaker fullback?

Next what happens if any individual player is injured? Do my 5 subs offer an adequate replacement ( including if I do a shuffle- lets say I loose my right back can I move a CD over and bring a CD on more comfortable in the centre.

Does this bench give me good/ reasonable options for those scenarios and others?

I'd also have thought about the scenarios above (and others) and the team would know what i'd be likely to do in those situations.

He might have a plan, but I don't think the players understand it.

2 hours ago, Longlostfan said:

You are making it far too complicated for him!!!

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Another example is we need a team kit to identify the club. On Saturday I saw blue, orange, green, red other other colours scattered around the ground.

One shirt for one club in a design that's ours alone and not changed every season please. We don't need second and third kits, we never did in the past. It's just greed following the EPL trend of soak the fans for every penny they can get and gullible supporters fall for it.

Jesus H

8 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

We always needed a second or change kit. 

Dont talk stupid. We don't need them. We'll tell the league we play in blue every game and they can like it or lump it

• Like 1

• Matt unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...