MATCH: Dorking Wanderers (H) 09/09/23

5 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I didn’t go today, in this heat we only used 2 subs.

If someone did go, did we try and get the ball in behind them and stretch the back line?.

Watched online and they played very deep so that would have been hard. But we were totally devoid of any creativity in the second half. 

I really was expecting a convincing  win over a dessimated Dorking side.Not even the Unsworth in few on here can possibly keep siding with this manager

I feel so sorry for Frank who has given a lot of funding and support for this clown .The only thing which will get him sacked is if attendances and match day income fall even more than they have done

We supporters aren't expecting wins all the time but certainly far far better with players he has.He should be getting the best out of his players .

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 1

Having 5 midfielders and 1 upfront starting, with 4 strikers on the bench is just stupid.  Alongside only using 2 subs in the heat.

He's just got to go.  There's more than enough quality in this team (if used the right way) that a decent manager could make them into a good team and we could surely add some extra quality to fit said decent manager's ideas if needed.  Unsworth has been given an amazing opportunity and has thrown it away, he doesn't deserve the job.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It isn't unacceptable, we are used to it,  it is very disappointing though.

It Isn’t unacceptable?..It fucking well is!

We’re used to it…oh, we’ll that’s OK then.

Disappointing?….it’s disgraceful!

They are practically part timers!

They had about 6 regulars out and lost their captain after 10 minutes.

Thats no wins in 6, 7 points from 24,

and we are just 1 point outside the drop zone.

Absolutely fucking sick of this shite!

He has to go!!

UNSWORTH OUT

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

It Isn’t unacceptable?..It fucking well is!

We’re used to it…oh, we’ll that’s OK then.

Disappointing?….it’s disgraceful!

They are practically par timers!

They had about 6 regulars out and lost their captain after 10 minutes.

Thats no wins in 6, 7 points from 24,

and we are just 1 point outside the drop zone.

Absolutely fucking sick of this shite!

He has to go!!

UNSWORTH OUT

Nothing about sports results are ever unacceptable, nor are they disgraceful.

First half we controlled the game without creating anything clear cut. Final pass always letting us down. We had the extra man in midfield so they couldn't touch us. No issue with us sitting off when we did because they were so poor and the extra man meant we just took it off them in midfield.

2nd half we were awful. Fondop offered a bit up top but then we lost that extra man in midfield so they carved through us a few times. How Willoughby missed from a yard out, I'll never know.

Only Hogan really stood out for me today. Green faded as per in second half.

I was all for giving him 10/15 as I thought we'd start picking up wins but after that today, he can go for me. 

If he turns it round great but I saw nothing today that suggests it. We didn't work their keeper once.

In other games we have missed a few sitters and you can see where a goal might come from but that second half has tipped me

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

First half we controlled the game without creating anything clear cut. Final pass always letting us down. We had the extra man in midfield so they couldn't touch us. No issue with us sitting off when we did because they were so poor and the extra man meant we just took it off them in midfield.

2nd half we were awful. Fondop offered a bit up top but then we lost that extra man in midfield so they carved through us a few times. How Willoughby missed from a yard out, I'll never know.

Only Hogan really stood out for me today. Green faded as per in second half.

I was all for giving him 10/15 as I thought we'd start picking up wins but after that today, he can go for me. 

If he turns it round great but I saw nothing today that suggests it. We didn't work their keeper once.

In other games we have missed a few sitters and you can see where a goal might come from but that second half has tipped me

If we hadn’t worked on how to break down a parked bus at home before Halifax then we should have been doing it a lot since then. Maybe he expected Dorking to be their usual attacking selves? First half was ok and we had a couple of opportunities. But the players looked like they had no idea how to create chances after half time. 

Ok, Latics didn't lose but it's yet another weekend without anything to build even a slim hope upon. The were goals aplenty in the league today, so if he points to the heat then he is a fucking joke. Dorking will be extremely happy with that and really could have walked away with all three points.

Norwood must be fucking kicking himself, having to play in Unsworth's futile team, what a waste. All that pre-season hype for fuck all! He's not ever going to turn it around without some kind of miracle but he will remain exactly where he is.

Just go, FFS!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can’t even be arsed dissecting it, so I’ll just quote my daughter. 

This is really boring Dad, can we go. 

Loads in front of me in the Family Section play games after the first few minutes.Good judges of Unsworths amazing exciting football.

First-half we were dominant without ever really creating anything. Second-half was a prime example of why just desperately throwing random strikers on is never going to work... We took off our only two creative central midfielders and lost any control we had of the game. If neither of them could play the full ninety, one of them should have started on the bench. And the bench should have contained options across the pitch - what's happened to Freeman, Tollitt, Hope...? The latter two would at least offer us something a bit different. 

Hate the idea of sacking managers this early into the season, but I'm really struggling to think of another manager in this league that would be getting less out of this squad than Unsworth at the moment. 

• Like 1