MATCH: Dorking Wanderers (H) 09/09/23

1 minute ago, OneSizeFitz said:

First-half we were dominant without ever really creating anything. Second-half was a prime example of why just desperately throwing random strikers on is never going to work... We took off our only two creative central midfielders and lost any control we had of the game. If neither of them could play the full ninety, one of them should have started on the bench. And the bench should have contained options across the pitch - what's happened to Freeman, Tollitt, Hope...? The latter two would at least offer us something a bit different. 

Hate the idea of sacking managers this early into the season, but I'm really struggling to think of another manager in this league that would be getting less out of this squad than Unsworth at the moment. 

The fact is, you'd probably get more out of them

We've appointed an absolute chump here haven't we, are the board that fucking stubborn that they will just allow crowds to haemorrhage and lose hundreds off the gate week in week out, probably.

If we are going to keep him he needs two midfielders and sharpish, Ward is just a clone of shit and shitter, granted he tracks back and wins the ball but he's another who struggles like fuck with a forward pass, time after time we had runners breaking the line but nobody with the ability to slide anyone in.

Their keeper literally didn't have a save to make, ref was more than fair, could of sent Green off and didn't give them a perfectly legitimate goal which was way over the line, but I'll take it given the decisions we've been on the arse end of.

Sutton did okay, Hogan did nothing wrong and I thought Norwood worked hard but other than that we were dogshit, devoid of any ideas and looked like a team near the bottom of the division, if the Rothwell's and Darren are happy with that then fair enough but honestly where are we actually going with him it's fucking pointless, soul destroying turgid shite, we were nearly  turned over by a part time team on a tenth of the budget who were missing half their team, they even played the better stuff in the last twenty and had a perfectly good goal denied.

Get rid of the fucker now before we end up with another season down the toilet, if the board continue to back him you would actually have to start questioning their competence.

• Like 15

24 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Erm no, remember we need a full 15 games in order to make a more rounded decision on how shit the season's going

There’s no way I’m sitting through another 7 games of this. If we win game 9 or 10 will that justify them keeping him longer? I’m pretty sure we won’t be that different in the next 7. The squad are what they are now and I know another manager would get a better tune out of these . He’s played 1 striker up front today in these conditions, Norwood must be having treatment for de hydration now after running around like a headless chicken on his own for 60/70 minutes 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We've appointed an absolute chump here haven't we, are the board that fucking stubborn that they will just allow crowds to haemorrhage and lose hundreds off the gate week in week out, probably.

If we are going to keep him he needs two midfielders and sharpish, Ward is just a clone of shit and shitter, granted he tracks back and wins the ball but he's another who struggles like fuck with a forward pass, time after time we had runners breaking the line but nobody with the ability to slide anyone in.

Their keeper literally didn't have a save to make, ref was more than fair, could of sent Green off and didn't give them a perfectly legitimate goal which was way over the line, but I'll take it given the decisions we've been on the arse end of.

Sutton did okay, Hogan did nothing wrong and I thought Norwood worked hard but other than that we were dogshit, devoid of any ideas and looked like a team near the bottom of the division, if the Rothwell's and Darren are happy with that then fair enough but honestly where are we actually going with him it's fucking pointless, soul destroying turgid shite, we were nearly  turned over by a part time team on a tenth of the budget who were missing half their team, they even played the better stuff in the last twenty and had a perfectly good goal denied.

Get rid of the fucker now before we end up with another season down the toilet, if the board continue to back him you would actually have to start questioning their competence.

Hard to disagree with much of what you say here Faz.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

As a side-note, I've yet to see anything from Willoughby to suggest he's good enough at this level. And I still don't really rate Sutton at full-back... He's too slow and the limited chances that they created all came down his side. 

And Dickenson is far too slow. How long did DU sign him for?

And why sign Freeman who now can't play once a week?

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

And Dickenson is far too slow. How long did DU sign him for?

And why sign Freeman who now can't play once a week?

Dickenson wasn't too bad today. Freeman is building fitness. It's been mentioned a host of times they were injured a lot last season so need some time. Surely even you can grasp that

3 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I see that other bloke BP recommended put Chesterfield level which led to them winning the game.

Never mind, he wouldn't do it here

And..Brilliant to see Berry coming on and showing so much confidence..
What a prospect the lad is and that effort from range just goes to show we may have found a very decent youngster.
Looks confident on the ball,runs at players and shows no fear.
Bravo that fella..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

And..Brilliant to see Berry coming on and showing so much confidence..
What a prospect the lad is and that effort from range just goes to show we may have found a very decent youngster.
Looks confident on the ball,runs at players and shows no fear.
Bravo that fella..

Unsworth would have ruined his career.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Didn't see today but I'm pretty sure Dickenson will do well for us. Already looks one of our better players (for what that's worth 😅

@mcfluff1985 is right, I didn't recommend him and never would have.

Had the privilege of being in hospitality for that game today and Frank came over to the table and spent a good 5-10 mins with us at half time. 

He said, we should be up infront in the second half when our fitness kicks in as they are part time. - the complete opposite was the result. 

He has to go. The club is so great off the field. Unsy just can’t manage. He’s an absolute fraud. Please get rid. Please…. 

Do not waste anymore time Frank. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Had the privilege of being in hospitality for that game today and Frank came over to the table and spent a good 5-10 mins with us at half time. 

He said, we should be up infront in the second half when our fitness kicks in as they are part time. - the complete opposite was the result. 

He has to go. The club is so great off the field. Unsy just can’t manage. He’s an absolute fraud. Please get rid. Please…. 

Do not waste anymore time Frank. 

I hope he feels the embarrassment.
He needs to but it won't change anything for the untouchable one.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

@mcfluff1985 is right, I didn't recommend him and never would have.

Fair enough, I've been reading OWTB long enough to know better than to discount your opinion on a player.

I think Dickenson is strong, committed and composed with a great left foot and seems to get the rub of the green too often for it to be luck. Good well-rounded footballer especially down here 👍🏼

Just now, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Fair enough, I've been reading OWTB long enough to know better than to discount your opinion on a player.

I think Dickenson is strong, committed and composed with a great left foot and seems to get the rub of the green too often for it to be luck. Good well-rounded footballer especially down here 👍🏼

He’s good. Was okay today. But he was blowing an out his arse early doors. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

I hope he feels the embarrassment.
He needs to but it won't change anything for the untouchable one.

I’m all for giving people time, but he’s had time, he’s been here a year now. In all that time I think I’ve actually got some enjoyment from about 4 or 5 of the games I’ve seen. Even the improved much heralded second half of the season felt like a struggle despite the “3rd in the table form” . Then the much talked about “proper pre season” , new players and decent ones, and yet I can’t see any difference on the pitch to how we were last sept/Oct. He’s had time, much more than most at any other club, in fact I can’t see any other club persevering with him for this length of time. 

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He said, we should be up infront in the second half when our fitness kicks in as they are part time

Us being fitter should be an added bonus but shouldn’t be relied upon.

The fact is with our resources we should have far better players but as a neutral and especially during the 2nd half you’d have been hard pressed to identify which team was which!

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Agree 100%

27 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

When you're in a hole, stop digging 

You forgot to tag BP

19 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

You're obviously an idiot because BP thinks he's shite

• Like 1