MATCH: Dorking Wanderers (H) 09/09/23

7 hours ago, Careca9 said:

same here didn’t even watch. Can imagine as royle had a bad first year they are saying stick with him it will come. But there is nowt really to suggest it will. Even the run last year wasn’t great performance wise. Think we’ll be stuck with him for a fair while yet 

Royle had a good first year, we finished 7th.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

We're all frustrated to put it mildly but there's no need for that. For a start Frank's been clear and consistent from the minute he walked in the door that he's entrusting others with these matters. He's the figurehead and financier and whilst he could of course pull rank it's still not quite so bad that he should abandon his model and do so.

Darren though should certainly be tabling the notion that it's time to cut our losses. We're losing ground fast and deservedly so.

Even if Unsworth has another purple patch, the knives will quickly be out again once it fizzles out (which you have to think it will given his body of work). Unsworth has rightly highlighted the need to stick together but unfortunately that now looks beyond him, short of an extraordinary turnaround.

I think the board are desperately waiting for a reason to keep him on, a solitary win would do it, “we’re on track” “delighted for the players “. 

14 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I think the board are desperately waiting for a reason to keep him on, a solitary win would do it, “we’re on track” “delighted for the players “. 

And if a win doesn’t materialise…how long do you think he’s got if this form continues?

I think the end of this month could be the breaking point!

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

And if a win doesn’t materialise…how long do you think he’s got if this form continues?

I think the end of this month could be the breaking point!

Million dollar question. Yesterday was getting toxic towards the end. I honestly think they’re already starting to clutch at straws saying DU loves the club. I think the next 2 games will get comical (not in a good way) if we don’t start winning . 

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

Million dollar question. Yesterday was getting toxic towards the end. I honestly think they’re already starting to clutch at straws saying DU loves the club. I think the next 2 games will get comical (not in a good way) if we don’t start winning . 

Bromley away next, they are five points and eight places ahead and won 4-1 at home yesterday against Maidenhead, who are on ten points. I cannot see any other result than the ones we are fast getting used to. Sick of Unsworth, sick of being let down time after time and becoming disillusioned by the inaction of a stubborn boardroom.

• Like 1

This saying DU loves the club , what a load of codswallop , we all love the club but it doesn’t make us good managers.

I’ve no doubt that he is giving his all to be a manager and wants nothing more to succeed. The problem is that he just isn’t good enough to achieve what he wants to become. Somebody needs to sit down with him and explain to him he’s not got what it takes to be a successful manager and agree a package to say bye bye.

Ultimately it will cost the club more in lost revenue than it will in pay offs.

31 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Bromley away next, they are five points and eight places ahead and won 4-1 at home yesterday against Maidenhead, who are on ten points. I cannot see any other result than the ones we are fast getting used to. Sick of Unsworth, sick of being let down time after time and becoming disillusioned by the inaction of a stubborn boardroom.

Yep, I can’t see what’s going to change in a week. He talks in the sense that we are a whisker away from being a force to be reckoned with. Maybe we are, but I highly doubt it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, True Tic said:

Yep, I can’t see what’s going to change in a week. He talks in the sense that we are a whisker away from being a force to be reckoned with. Maybe we are, but I highly doubt it 

They absolutely aren't.

They couldn't score against Dorking. At home. 

If he loves the club so much he'd step aside

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Lose at Bromley and it's W1 D4 L4, we were on W3 D2 L4 when DU took over at this point last year, with what is clearly a stronger squad.

Part of me is happy that we're probably finally going to keep a manager on for a calendar year (which I suppose you could say is some sort of progress I guess 😄) but that's the only thing in favour of keeping Unsworth.

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Lose at Bromley and it's W1 D4 L4, we were on W3 D2 L4 when DU took over at this point last year, with what is clearly a stronger squad.

Part of me is happy that we're probably finally going to keep a manager on for a calendar year (which I suppose you could say is some sort of progress I guess 😄) but that's the only thing in favour of keeping Unsworth.

He’s had enough time, I don’t buy into this theory of well we know he came last October but his managerial stint starts for real this season . 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Hopefully it'll finish where it started...

I can't see it happening but it would be ironic if he did get sacked at Bromley away.

For those of us  on here who went it sums up the football matches I have seen under Unsworth.

The blokes record since arriving here is  is appalling.  His many signings have collectively achieved very little. The football he has us playing is rubbish, and just plain boring.

He appears to be frightened to death of every team in the league, so just defends and hopes for the best.

Furthermore, he has been rumbled by the fans. From having the whole town on his side 12 months ago, we are now losing big numbers of people attending games, and this, whilst the weather is very kind, and bigger games in the region are not played.

He has constantly talked the talk, but ended up falling flat on his face, whilst trying to walk the walk.  I can see no way back at all for him. Once the fans turn on a manager ( and Latics fans have done that big time ) there is no way back. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

The blokes record since arriving here is  is appalling.  His many signings have collectively achieved very little. The football he has us playing is rubbish, and just plain boring.

He appears to be frightened to death of every team in the league, so just defends and hopes for the best.

Furthermore, he has been rumbled by the fans. From having the whole town on his side 12 months ago, we are now losing big numbers of people attending games, and this, whilst the weather is very kind, and bigger games in the region are not played.

He has constantly talked the talk, but ended up falling flat on his face, whilst trying to walk the walk.  I can see no way back at all for him. Once the fans turn on a manager ( and Latics fans have done that big time ) there is no way back. 

14 wins in 50 games.

German coach just sacked.12 wins in 25 games. Can't believe he's still here.

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

💯

4 strikers on the bench - wrong two used imo

Reid and nuttall should have come on to be a 'genuine ' front 3 - not putting Willoughby on the wing and fondup in a world of his own.

44 effin 2 please!

Norwood will function better playing off fans favourite Joe nuttall - fondup will not work - he is just in it for himself. Unsworth seems obsessed with swamping the midfield with similar players - who don't attack and don't defend! It's bizarre..

13 hours ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

We're all frustrated to put it mildly but there's no need for that. For a start Frank's been clear and consistent from the minute he walked in the door that he's entrusting others with these matters. He's the figurehead and financier and whilst he could of course pull rank it's still not quite so bad that he should abandon his model and do so.

Darren though should certainly be tabling the notion that it's time to cut our losses. We're losing ground fast and deservedly so.

Even if Unsworth has another purple patch, the knives will quickly be out again once it fizzles out (which you have to think it will given his body of work). Unsworth has rightly highlighted the need to stick together but unfortunately that now looks beyond him, short of an extraordinary turnaround.

I do appreciate what Frank has done but old people have a penchant for being stubborn to their own detriment.

He said at Gateshead that we are supporters and therefore need to support. This is fine for the core 4,000 who turned up week in week out in League 1 and 2 and those of us in our late 30s 40s and 50s but the future of this club is children and teenagers and like it or not the world today does not work on blind loyalty, there’s too much choice in life. The product needs to be enough to entice the young ones back week in week.

I started going in 1999 when I was 14 so have only ever known failure but I do know I enjoyed the high scoring games a hell of a lot more than the 0-0’s and 1-0’s. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

W1, D4, L4 is what Darren Kelly had before he was sacked I believe? 

9 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I do appreciate what Frank has done but old people have a penchant for being stubborn to their own detriment.

He said at Gateshead that we are supporters and therefore need to support. This is fine for the core 4,000 who turned up week in week out in League 1 and 2 and those of us in our late 30s 40s and 50s but the future of this club is children and teenagers and like it or not the world today does not work on blind loyalty, there’s too much choice in life. The product needs to be enough to entice the young ones back week in week.

I started going in 1999 when I was 14 so have only ever known failure but I do know I enjoyed the high scoring games a hell of a lot more than the 0-0’s and 1-0’s. 

Another example is we need a team kit to identify the club. On Saturday I saw blue, orange, green, red other other colours scattered around the ground.

One shirt for one club in a design that's ours alone and not changed every season please. We don't need second and third kits, we never did in the past. It's just greed following the EPL trend of soak the fans for every penny they can get and gullible supporters fall for it.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Another example is we need a team kit to identify the club. On Saturday I saw blue, orange, green, red other other colours scattered around the ground.

One shirt for one club in a design that's ours alone and not changed every season please. We don't need second and third kits, we never did in the past. It's just greed following the EPL trend of soak the fans for every penny they can get and gullible supporters fall for it.

Bottom of the list

Fortress Boundary Park huh 

I am not nor have I ever been a football coach/manager, nor played the game anywhere outside my local park. I have watched for 50 years though and Im going to say that I felt like I had the piss taken when I saw the team. The heat was stifling and we have a 33YO ploughing alone up front. I look at the bench and see 4 Strikers and a defender... no other options. 5 4 1 against Dorking. Not great first half but also not bad ... we kept the ball until the final third then forgot how to pass. Dorking helped by constantly surrendering possesion. Second half the Dorking defence were knackered I expected Reid ...nope on came Fondop no change in formation really ..... When Dorking 'scored' I sat down and never stood back up... I didnt even know it had been disallowed until a couple of mins after. I hoped and prayed that this would work .... it isnt and it wont we have used just as many players this season as last season... we dont have a recognised formation (used at least 4-5 in 8 games) and just as last year we have players not playing in their natural positions. I really cannot see anything from the Bromley game and I am dreading the two home games next week, but I will be there supporting. I was a give it time lad... not so much anymore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

We always needed a second or change kit.