MATCH: Dorking Wanderers (H) 09/09/23

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The starting eleven and the second half performance confirmed for me that Unsworth really does not have a clue.

He simply isn’t good enough and needs to go.

it’s time, Dave, it’s time.

It is time. I didn't have an issue with starting line up though today. Wouldn't have changed much if anything on that

Just listened to his post match excuses.The man is totally deluded and is not watching what the rest of us see.

Please Frank stop supporting this clown.While I appreciate  your loyalty this imposter will loose a lot of the goodwill built up..

• Thanks 1

Having watched all 90 odd minutes Rhino must have been somewhere else - the land of delusion.  It isn't going for us because he doesn't have a clue.  The second substitution made it clear to all as the team didn't then know what formation they should be in but settled on 4 2 4.  What manager in his right mind has four strikers and a defender as his substitutes.  Piss poor.  We are going nowhere.  well I hope we are going nowhere because down is looking a probability.

• Like 2

Rhino simply conceded his own tactical ineptitude at 2pm today by naming 4 strikers as subs.

No thought process required there, other than to use a couple of them to give us some fresh legs up top as the game wore on. 
On such a hot day, starting Norwood up top on his own was naive and amateurish. 

Maybe Hope and, or Tollitt could have offered us something different but it would seem that he took the easy way out because he’s simply not tactically savvy enough to make these strategic calls. 

As a result of this, only 2 subs were made and it ended up looking like we were playing a 4-2-4.

Totally bizarre IMO. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

He isn’t going anywhere. 

The football is shite. 

Apathy has well and truly set in for me. 

Well at least most on here if not all have finally smelt the coffee and accept that El Supremo has to go.

I also feel some of his players have to accept that they should be doing better.

Another thing which makes me sad is that our official  coach which I've used to go to away games has now decided to end due to diminished numbers going.

I do hope sooner than later they put one back on.For a club with over 6000 home fans this is poor.Even Dorking put on a coach and I see Frank treated  them to a pie and pint.What a great gesture as indeed was Marc Whites to us last season

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

Any chance of another Fans Forum? 

We are due one aren’t we?

It was March….then June….so September perhaps? 

A winning machine we are not! 

Over to you Darren. 

No don't it will be carnage it will give Barry the boxing promoter and the Lemsagams a sensecof satisfaction why would we want that? just replace the manager and have done with it.

We are not a banter club anymore let's not revel in the pissboil it's not funny it's bad for the club that its come to this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Rhino simply conceded his own tactical ineptitude at 2pm today by naming 4 strikers as subs.

No thought process required there, other than to use a couple of them to give us some fresh legs up top as the game wore on. 
On such a hot day, starting Norwood up top on his own was naive and amateurish. 

Maybe Hope and, or Tollitt could have offered us something different but it would seem that he took the easy way out because he’s simply not tactically savvy enough to make these strategic calls. 

As a result of this, only 2 subs were made and it ended up looking like we were playing a 4-2-4.

Totally bizarre IMO. 

The only time we controlled the ball was first half with that formation of 1 proper striker. It didn't matter it was hot because we weren't really pressing them with Norwood, midfield was doing the pressing.

Tollit ruined it for himself with his Halifax performance. He was awful.

No idea where Hope is.

We should have walked all over them today

• Like 1

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

I can’t even be arsed dissecting it, so I’ll just quote my daughter. 

This is really boring Dad, can we go. 

Stick this on a placard and hold it up to Frank at the next match, he might get the idea then the stubborn old goat

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It is time. I didn't have an issue with starting line up though today. Wouldn't have changed much if anything on that

What I didn’t understand was that last week, with a pretty much the same starting line up, we pressed from the outset. Harrying their defence from goal kicks etc Yesterday, when it was clear that Dorking’s keeper and defence weren’t comfortable on  the ball, we stood off!

It’s this tactical inconsistency , errors in fact, that has helped push me to believing he has to go. 

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

He isn’t going anywhere. 

The football is shite. 

Yep. I didn't bother yesterday, couldn't justify wasting a beautiful afternoon watching that shite. Have wasted enough already this season. I probably won't bother until he's gone tbh, I don't get any enjoyment out of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

He isn’t going anywhere. 

The football is shite. 

same here didn’t even watch. Can imagine as royle had a bad first year they are saying stick with him it will come. But there is nowt really to suggest it will. Even the run last year wasn’t great performance wise. Think we’ll be stuck with him for a fair while yet 

56 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

What I didn’t understand was that last week, with a pretty much the same starting line up, we pressed from the outset. Harrying their defence from goal kicks etc Yesterday, when it was clear that Dorking’s keeper and defence weren’t comfortable on  the ball, we stood off!

It’s this tactical inconsistency , errors in fact, that has helped push me to believing he has to go. 

The not pressing as much made sense in the heat. Especially when they just continued to give us the ball back in midfield. It's what we didn't do with the ball after we got it

• Like 2

I get the heat bit but pressing for say the first 15/20 mins could well have brought a goal - and then it would have been the opportunity to be a little more conservative,  whilst knowing that Dorking would open up more in chasing the game. It was a lack of bravery- caution is his default and his downfall. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

I get the heat bit but pressing for say the first 15/20 mins could well have brought a goal - and then it would have been the opportunity to be a little more conservative,  whilst knowing that Dorking would open up more in chasing the game. It was a lack of bravery- caution is his default and his downfall. 

We did press. In midfield. And won the ball back every time. They had one break all half

I too thought the bench was a strange choice and assumed perhaps he's trying to get Tollitt and Hope out to bring someone else in. Couldn't think of any other reason. Bringing Fondop on did improve it slightly but I thought taking Gardner off for Willoughby made us worse.

I was going to reserve judgement on Unsworth till 10 games but I can't see anything changing in the next 2 to make me think he's the right man. We are simply miles off the standard we need to be and in my opinion there is little or no improvement to the team with the new signings. Lundstram isn't going to affect it that much.

We're just a poor team.

5 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Stick this on a placard and hold it up to Frank at the next match, he might get the idea then the stubborn old goat

We're all frustrated to put it mildly but there's no need for that. For a start Frank's been clear and consistent from the minute he walked in the door that he's entrusting others with these matters. He's the figurehead and financier and whilst he could of course pull rank it's still not quite so bad that he should abandon his model and do so.

Darren though should certainly be tabling the notion that it's time to cut our losses. We're losing ground fast and deservedly so.

Even if Unsworth has another purple patch, the knives will quickly be out again once it fizzles out (which you have to think it will given his body of work). Unsworth has rightly highlighted the need to stick together but unfortunately that now looks beyond him, short of an extraordinary turnaround.