MATCH: Dorking Wanderers (H) 09/09/23

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Hudson

Freeman, Hobson, Hogan, Kitching

Green, Sheron, Gardner, Dickenson 

Norwood, Nuttall

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks replace Gardner and Sheron with Lundstram and Ward - sign a proper right back and a box to box midfielder and we could be top half by Christmas 😉

Has there been any word on Gardner since last weekend? I thought it looked like he went off with a pulled groin muscle. 

44 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Has there been any word on Gardner since last weekend? I thought it looked like he went off with a pulled groin muscle. 

No word, but he definitely had some kind of muscle injury so pretty sure he's out of action again. 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Hudson

Freeman, Hobson, Hogan, Kitching

Green, Sheron, Gardner, Dickenson 

Norwood, Nuttall

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks replace Gardner and Sheron with Lundstram and Ward - sign a proper right back and a box to box midfielder and we could be top half by Christmas 😉

Agree with 442.

I doubt Mr Biscuit will be fit. 

Id play Dickenson with Sheron, he’s got both defending and attacking to his game. With Tolitt on the left. 

Ive softened slightly on Nuttall due to his link up play with Norwood- but we need some goals from him sooner rather later. 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 2

I'd like to see Fondop start this one despite his, er, mishap last time out. He got a hattrick against them last time out, they'll be scared to death of him and he he wins so much more in the air than Nuttall. Only caveat would be Norwood seems to much prefer playing with Nuttall. There were signs of difficulty in the Norwood/Fondop relationship at Boreham Wood. 

I thought we might have signed a midfield loan player given Shelton's suspension. Perhaps a surprise return for Lundstram (aka the Messiah)? Didn't they say he was close to a return a couple of weeks ago?

15 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I'd like to see Fondop start this one despite his, er, mishap last time out.

That'd be a sackable offence for me - he'd get the boot at 2.01pm. Leave big mike on the bench and bring him on when we're 1-0 down on 70.

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

That'd be a sackable offence for me - he'd get the boot at 2.01pm. Leave big mike on the bench and bring him on when we're 1-0 down on 70.

I can see that and he's a great impact sub. Hopefully the players have realised now that kicking the ball away as a a tactic to slow the game down earns a yellow (rightly in my view).

Norman

Sutton

Hobson

Hogan

Kitching 

Sheron

Green

Gardner (expect a loan if injured)

Lundstrum (wishful thinking)

Dickinson

Norwood

Honestly can't see any result other than a home win against a team of scaffolders and bin men. Wouldn't surprise me if we put 4 or 5 past them tomorrow, if the unthinkable happens and we lose I think Unsworth is gone.

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Norman

Sutton

Hobson

Hogan

Kitching 

Sheron

Green

Gardner (expect a loan if injured)

Lundstrum (wishful thinking)

Dickinson

Norwood

Honestly can't see any result other than a home win against a team of scaffolders and bin men. Wouldn't surprise me if we put 4 or 5 past them tomorrow, if the unthinkable happens and we lose I think Unsworth is gone.

Not sure I’d put it quite as blunt as that, but should be a comfortable home win.

I think he’ll still be here next week though even if we get turned over.

It does feel quite a pivotal run of games we are coming into this next month. The fixtures include some pretty low hurdles to get over certainly for promotion chasing team with a top 3 budget.

A win of any type will give us some much needed confidence. 

Can we keep 11 men on the pitch this week please.

Sad how comparable our stats are so far. 

It has to be a good performance, a disciplined performance and most importantly, a win. 

Not sure on the lineup, do we only have 1 midfielder available?

Hudson

Freeman  Hobson  Hogan Kitching

Green Sheron Dickenson Tolitt

Reid   Norwood

Personally I'd try Raglan with Hobson but I don't think he'll drop Hogan. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OAFC Blues said:

Sad how comparable our stats are so far. 

It has to be a good performance, a disciplined performance and most importantly, a win. 

Not sure on the lineup, do we only have 1 midfielder available?

Hudson

Freeman  Hobson  Hogan Kitching

Green Sheron Dickenson Tolitt

Reid   Norwood

Personally I'd try Raglan with Hobson but I don't think he'll drop Hogan. 

That's the team I would select with our injuries.

I like their owner and managers passion for his club but this is a game we should win by at least a couple of goals.

• Like 1

Confidence is a preference for the  Dorking owner
Of who is known as
(Marc White)

Dave’s got brewer's droop 
He gets intimidated by the dirty home fans
They love a bit of it
(Talk Shite)

We feed the Norwood, we sometimes feed his teammates too
It gives us a sense of enormous squad rotation
(Boundary Parklife)

Who's that gut lord marching?
You should cut down on your 4-5-1 mate
Get some exercise (and some decent midfielders)

All the piss boils

So many piss boils

But we’re all still Oldham fans

Oldham fans who think we’re shite.

Know what I mean

• Like 10

14 hours ago, League one forever said:

Agree with 442.

I doubt Mr Biscuit will be fit. 

Id play Dickenson with Sheron, he’s got both defending and attacking to his game. With Tolitt on the left. 

Ive softened slightly on Nuttall due to his link up play with Norwood- but we need some goals from him sooner rather later. 

Tollitt should never play again. He is a dreadful player. All else I agree with.

Edited by wiggy0406

Enthusiasm's taken a bit of a kicking in the last couple of weeks, so going to give this one a miss.

A win's not much good in isolation.

Lose and we'll have the rhetoric about how bad fan "negativity" is, we need to be "patient" and how we should be grateful for nice dugouts...