The Next Oldham Manager

4 hours ago, True Tic said:

I wish I felt the same. I’d like to think a couple of midfielders would shore us up but I still think there’s too many in the squad who are not consistent and don’t seem to be able to absorb what’s being asked of them. 

It's fifth division mate. Of course there is a lack of consistency. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It's fifth division mate. Of course there is a lack of consistency. 

We said the same thing when we were in the third tier.

You can get players who are consistent performers in the fifth tier but when they step up they can't consistently perform at a higher level If that makes sense. Chesterfield and Barnet appear to have players who consistently perform in the 5th tier we should be able to have some aswell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Yes, seems to be the answer:

He really needs to let it go he had his chance he failed at pretty much everything. These embittered probably wine induced rants aren't going to change that he will forever be remembered as a failed director of Oldham Athletic. That ain't washing off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Oldham Times says we are “closing in” on the new manager and hope to have them in place by Rochdale. 

"The club received more than 60 applications for the Boundary Park hotseat, with the board carefully considering all candidates before drawing up a shortlist that is understood to have included Micky Mellon, who won back-to-back promotions from the National League and League Two with Tranmere Rovers in 2018 and 2019, former Blackburn Rovers and Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer, as well as Steve Thompson, who as interim manager has overseen a six-game unbeaten run."

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/23848383.oldham-athletic-close-naming-david-unsworths-successor

15 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"The club received more than 60 applications for the Boundary Park hotseat, with the board carefully considering all candidates before drawing up a shortlist that is understood to have included Micky Mellon, who won back-to-back promotions from the National League and League Two with Tranmere Rovers in 2018 and 2019, former Blackburn Rovers and Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer, as well as Steve Thompson, who as interim manager has overseen a six-game unbeaten run."

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/23848383.oldham-athletic-close-naming-david-unsworths-successor

Mellon and Bowyer are better options than Thompson. Surely they dont give it to another inexperienced manager. Before anyone says anything im not saying Thompson cant be good because i reckon he can be. 

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He really needs to let it go he had his chance he failed at pretty much everything. These embittered probably wine induced rants aren't going to change that he will forever be remembered as a failed director of Oldham Athletic. That ain't washing off.

Senior failed director...

• Like 1

This is interesting and a bit worrying at the same time. It was a pretty explosive state of affairs in the boardroom at the end of the Ken Bates era, and again during the John Lowe v Harry Massey period in early 1972, but this has the potential to be equally destructive, at least if I'm reading that stuff quoted from Twitter correctly.

2 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

This is interesting and a bit worrying at the same time. It was a pretty explosive state of affairs in the boardroom at the end of the Ken Bates era, and again during the John Lowe v Harry Massey period in early 1972, but this has the potential to be equally destructive, at least if I'm reading that stuff quoted from Twitter correctly.

You mean you believe TWITTER ?????   🤣

6 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You mean you believe TWITTER ?????   🤣

I don't know what to make of Twitter. I haven't yet graduated to the 'social media' era, just as I haven't yet got into the 21st Century football wise, LOL.

Edited by Summerdeep
Grammar
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

Dear oh dear.  It's either Barry Owen or someone pretending to be Barry Owen.  One's irrlevant, the other's probably mad.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Isn't that another Malpas account?

• Like 1

Say what you want but there is a split on the appointment at board level and that's not come from Barry Owen as some are suggesting but from members of staff. Reading between the lines, Frank wants to give it ST whilst others don't.