MATCH: York City (H) 19/09/23

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

fan stats:

all of us are zero's we have never seen a match.

superfans who havent missed a match in years can say stuff we all have to listen to our elders. until tomorrow when hopefully 7000 of us will know more than the TVLadz

We'll soon find out and it should be a busy one, that's for sure

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Thompson says all the correct things in the pre match. Confirms Norwood is suspended. Says we should focus on us and we have the quality. Let’s see what the players do tomorrow. 

Glad he's had a chat with them all.Hopefully this will have allayed some of their frustrations and they'll be a bit more happy and relaxed.

It would be great to get a win and start climbing the league from tomorrow but I’m not sure it will happen so quickly.

Unsworth had to go, absolutely, but the players have to carry the can too.

Have we got as good a squad as we are led to believe?…….because they haven’t shown anything at all so far both individually and collectively.

Was Unsworth holding them back? Yes I think so!

Were his tactics in certain matches wrong?

Absolutely!

Are these players good enough?

I’ve no idea tbh!

We are about to find out, starting tomorrow!

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Are these players good enough?

I’ve no idea tbh!

We have past league and promotion winners from this league and others, a league 1 striker and defender, the best defender in the national league last year, the best LB in the league and a wealth of strikers most in this league would have no problem putting in their team. I think they are underperforming massively!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I think we need to shake things up tomorrow a bit, but will also need to rely on the more senior players. So my team would be: 

Norman

Freeman

Hobson

Hogan 

Kitching

Tollitt

Gardner

Sheron

Green

Reid

Nuttall

Raglan, Dickinson, Fondop, Shelton, Willoughby

perfect opportunity to ease out Hogan for the two superior players. if he puts Fondop and Nuttall together lm buying a scotland flag to wave at him*

Norman

Freeman

Raglan(C)

Hobson

Kitch

Green

Gardner

Sheron

Dickenson

Nuttall

Reid

l cant pick a bench bc l don't want to leave Sutton out 

Edited by Monty Burns
stuck the armband on Raglan

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

perfect opportunity to ease out Hogan for the two superior players. if he puts Fondop and Nuttall together lm buying a scotland flag to wave at him*

Norman

Freeman

Raglan(C)

Hobson

Kitch

Green

Gardner

Sheron

Dickenson

Nuttall

Reid

l cant pick a bench bc l don't want to leave Sutton out 

I just don’t get the Hogan comments I see from some…he would still be a starter for me.

And I genuinely think that Sutton should not be playing as a right back - he is caught out of position far too often.

The one thing I want to see tonight is an increase in tempo from the team - too many seem too slow in thought and movement.

If Freeman is not injured, he has to come in and Reid and Willoughby would be my choice to start as a front two.

But what do I know about what’s really been going on on the training ground? 
Zilch.

Thompson has been on the training pitch with the players since Jeffers left  and should know his preferred starting eleven - his pre match comments suggest that he is not entirely in agreement with our ex manager’s approach.

Let’s see what happens. 

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

I just don’t get the Hogan comments I see from some…he would still be a starter for me.

And I genuinely think that Sutton should not be playing as a right back - he is caught out of position far too often.

The one thing I want to see tonight is an increase in tempo from the team - too many seem too slow in thought and movement.

If Freeman is not injured, he has to come in and Reid and Willoughby would be my choice to start as a front two.

But what do I know about what’s really been going on on the training ground? 
Zilch.

Thompson has been on the training pitch with the players since Jeffers left  and should know his preferred starting eleven - his pre match comments suggest that he is not entirely in agreement with our ex manager’s approach.

Let’s see what happens. 

yeah l get both points.

the Raglan situation is identical to the Norwood one for me, he has to play.

also l never want to see Sutton as RB either. Hogan is my CB sub and l might even be sending Will out on loan.

13 hours ago, LaticsEddie said:

We have past league and promotion winners from this league and others, a league 1 striker and defender, the best defender in the national league last year, the best LB in the league and a wealth of strikers most in this league would have no problem putting in their team. I think they are underperforming massively!

Best LB in the league??

16 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Thompson says all the correct things in the pre match. Confirms Norwood is suspended. Says we should focus on us and we have the quality. Let’s see what the players do tomorrow. 

thats the first pre match interview lve listened to in months!!!

talk of attacking Football using five strikers and four wide men. BP will be delighted*

18 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I think we need to shake things up tomorrow a bit, but will also need to rely on the more senior players. So my team would be: 

Norman

Freeman

Hobson

Hogan 

Kitching

Tollitt

Gardner

Sheron

Green

Reid

Nuttall

Raglan, Dickinson, Fondop, Shelton, Willoughby

Think I'd change Willoughby for Tollitt on the left, Dickenson for Gardner and Ward (if fit?)for Sheron in centre midfield.

Then have Tollitt, Big Mike, Gardiner and Sheron to come off the bench to shore things up if required.

Let's just bin this Shelton and Sheron crablike shit football, dominate the midfield, and give York something to think about.

Ward and Dickenson should be well able to hold a midfield together and would be a decent left/right foot combo in the middle I think. 

Ward may only last 60 mins so can be replaced with either Sheron or Gardiner to suit the match situation.

Willoughby can play left in a more advanced roll dropping back when we are out of possession.

Sorted!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Think I'd change Willoughby for Tollitt on the left, Dickenson for Gardner and Ward (if fit?)for Sheron in centre midfield.

Then have Tollitt, Big Mike, Gardiner and Sheron to come off the bench to shore things up if required.

Let's just bin this Shelton and Sheron crablike shit football, dominate the midfield, and give York something to think about.

Ward and Dickenson should be well able to hold a midfield together and would be a decent left/right foot combo in the middle I think. 

Ward may only last 60 mins so can be replaced with either Sheron or Gardiner to suit the match situation.

Willoughby can play left in a more advanced roll dropping back when we are out of possession.

Sorted!

arent Ward and Dickenson both LM's? l can see your plan but l think only one of them would work in CM alongside a CM.

that being said l would pick Ward/Dickenson untried over Sheron/Shelton. that is proven to death does not work.

47 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Sorted!

Yeah it’s a hard one. Went with Tollitt as he’s proven he can score and will have something to prove.

Not sure I trust Ward and Dickinson as a midfield two. I don’t think Gardner and Dickinson have the legs as a midfield two. Ward I think he’s better suited to a midfield 3 and then Sheron and Shelton is a no go. - left me with Gardner and Sheron. 

Reid and Nuttall as we know them two can cause problems when played together. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah it’s a hard one. Went with Tollitt as he’s proven he can score and will have something to prove.

Not sure I trust Ward and Dickinson as a midfield two. I don’t think Gardner and Dickinson have the legs as a midfield two. Ward I think he’s better suited to a midfield 3 and then Sheron and Shelton is a no go. - left me with Gardner and Sheron. 

Reid and Nuttall as we know them two can cause problems when played together. 

Liked the way Reid and Fondop combined at Chorley.