MATCH: York City (H) 19/09/23

6 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Even just having someone who can read the game and make the right subs is a breath of fresh air. All those games we wasted with Unsworth 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Over complicated coaching qualifications are all well and good, but if you've got no common sense, it means Sweet FA!

• Like 1

Still a work in progress as I think it'll take a few weeks to undo Unsworth's mess, but a much, much more positive performance. Amazing what happens when you play strikers, and play them in the right position! Nuttall was excellent, I've said all along he'll be a big player for us this season. Sheron good in midfield, Hobson and Sutton both excellent. Liked the look of Willoughby too. Massive opportunity to get B2B wins on Saturday 

7 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Still a work in progress as I think it'll take a few weeks to undo Unsworth's mess, but a much, much more positive performance. Amazing what happens when you play strikers, and play them in the right position! Nuttall was excellent, I've said all along he'll be a big player for us this season. Sheron good in midfield, Hobson and Sutton both excellent. Liked the look of Willoughby too. Massive opportunity to get B2B wins on Saturday 

Indeed it does show we have the players whose confidence was removed by Unsworth.Onwards and upwards.A joy to watch apart from the ref's lunacy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

As if by magic, a win appeared.

We were always winning tonight

Being careful here of new manager/post manager bounce and of believing all our problems have vanished into thin air is an easy trap to fall into. We still have a squad that is slightly imbalanced.

But still good news about a much needed win which will give the players some much needed confidence.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

York were rubbish but that was so much better all over the pitch. 

We’re still short in midfield but have so much quality up front. Give them service and we should score a lot of goals no matter who is playing. 

Bit harsh. Thought they were a tidy side. 

Edited by kowenicki

16 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

We’re still short in midfield but have so much quality up front. Give them service and we should score a lot Think if we say of goals no matter who is playing. 

Thought York were decent. Had they been a bit more clinical first half we would have been in trouble. Weathered the storm though and dominated the second half. Nuttall looked transformed - also good shifts from Gardner, Sheron, Kitching. How on earth was Hobson left out earlier on?! Think if we stay 4-4-2 we need a more solid option on the right than Green.

• Like 1

Party pooper here going off these posts. We weren't great and they can't shoot.

I'll take the win.  Same script for me,  lost control of the game after 20 mins then york passed it round our midfield Green isn't good enough full stop. Did zero after 20 mins. 

Sheron put himself about a bit. Nuttall plays at closing down, always does it jogging and never actually challenging. Sorry guys, this side is way off at the moment. 

I see Chesterfield won their basketball game again!!. 

Anyway,  a win is a win and out of the relegation spots replaced by tonight's opponents. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

We’re still short in midfield but have so much quality up front. Give them service and we should score a lot of goals no matter who is playing. 

York played better football than we have done for 9 weeks.

Played to feet and used the space that we gave them (not as much as usual) quite well.

Fallowfield was excellent. The number 2 in case I have his name wrong