MATCH: York City (H) 19/09/23

12 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Why do we need a new source of frustration? 

if ever a question was voiced openly when it should be thought internally, then this is it.

sweeping statement and not an individual dig here but anybody hating on Green based on last night is a weapons grade bellend.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The ref blows the whistle and signals free kick to us just before Kitching picks it up. So it can’t be for that. 

Having watched it a few times I still can’t make sense of what actually happened!

Can you imagine if they had scored from the quick free kick there would have been a bloody riot in the main stand.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

if ever a question was voiced openly when it should be thought internally, then this is it.

sweeping statement and not an individual dig here but anybody hating on Green based on last night is a weapons grade bellend.

I don’t hate him, he’s just not very good. But we’ve become accustomed to

accepting rubbish players in recent years and this is another prime example.

5 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

There are plenty on here who always need something to moan about. Even more on twatter. 

We do. If a striker scores, he's done his job. If a goalkeeper and the defenders keep a clean sheet they've done their job. If a winger gets an assist he's done what he's paid to do. Rating him 4 out of 10 and saying no end product is ridiculously harsh. He was good last night. Did his job and grafted. 

He absolutely wasn’t good. Christ we really have reached a point where we’ll accept anything.

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

He absolutely wasn’t good. Christ we really have reached a point where we’ll accept anything.

His performance was okay, it wasn't 4/10 and some of the stuff on here is just bollocks, he stretches teams even if the end product isn't what it should be some of the time, if it was he'd be playing higher than level 5 football.

Wingers (which is what he is) are notoriously inconsistent, I've been blessed to watch some greats at BP all bar none flitted in and out of games and blow hot and cold, he's not the finished article but he brings something to the team.

Did he win his battle with Latty-Fairweather? Probably not at times but he came up against a quality opponent able to nullify some of his threat, he'll have his days though and is an important player for us given the weaknesses we have in wide areas, I don't think he'll become a boo boy because he will contribute plenty to the team.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I don’t hate him, he’s just not very good. But we’ve become accustomed to

accepting rubbish players in recent years and this is another prime example.

BOOOOOOOOO

l used to think 'be mint at Latics when these bitter old miserable twats die' but it just never happened!!

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

His performance was okay, it wasn't 4/10 and some of the stuff on here is just bollocks, he stretches teams even if the end product isn't what it should be some of the time, if it was he'd be playing higher than level 5 football.

Wingers (which is what he is) are notoriously inconsistent, I've been blessed to watch some greats at BP all bar none flitted in and out of games and blow hot and cold, he's not the finished article but he brings something to the team.

Did he win his battle with Latty-Fairweather? Probably not at times but he came up against a quality opponent able to nullify some of his threat, he'll have his days though and is an important player for us given the weaknesses we have in wide areas, I don't think he'll become a boo boy because he will contribute plenty to the team.

lm convinced in the olde days everybody sledged downhill in the snow to the match, watched us win a scrappy, free flowing, tight, end to end match 4-0 which was tightly poised at 3-2 to us at half time.

then they rode their bikes downhill home in glorious sunshine and played out til it went dark at midnight bc it was high summer lovely and warm but they also had an early night bc it was Xmas in the morning.

well l'm not convinced, actually. but they are.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ackey said:

From the highlights alone he's set up a goal with some good determination/awareness and a nice pass. He's made a pressing run that's led to a good chance and done something else I already forgot.

Even if that's all he's done in 90min that's a decent performance!

And therein lies the issue… a contribution every 30 minutes and his performance is classed as decent… he played well in small bursts and was okay but he has to do so much more (as do a few others btw) if we are going to get up the table.

As others have pointed out, the modern game demands so much more from forwards when we don’t have the ball. 

I like him and he will get better.

14 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

lm convinced in the olde days everybody sledged downhill in the snow to the match, watched us win a scrappy, free flowing, tight, end to end match 4-0 which was tightly poised at 3-2 to us at half time.

then they rode their bikes downhill home in glorious sunshine and played out til it went dark at midnight bc it was high summer lovely and warm but they also had an early night bc it was Xmas in the morning.

Yes, back in the dickensian times most of us old gets come from

It was like that, digging yourselves out in harsh winters and asking for another lump of coal, you had to freeze your nads off getting 😂

On 9/19/2023 at 11:11 PM, sjk2008 said:

Green - 5: Garbage. Really don’t get the love in for him. Has pace and that’s it, headless chicken springs to mind. He should be a sub/impact player at the very most.

This looked a dreadful hot take on Tuesday. Looks x10 worse after today. 😂

• Like 3

On 9/21/2023 at 7:31 AM, Monty Burns said:

Yes, that’s exactly the way I remember it! 

• Like 1

• Matt unfeatured this topic