MATCH: York City (H) 19/09/23

Just now, Monty Burns said:

was the crowd 6200? they brought a few so we were further down on home fans than ld have hoped for.

see what saturday brings..

I think you can expect about a 1k drop off from a Saturday to Tuesday. So if York brought 500ish, that gives us 6100 home fans last night. 

Id expect that to be back up to 7000 on Saturday. 

• Like 1

Just now, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Are you sure about that? Green was near the corner flag.

I thought Willoughby did the work, kept the ball alive - found Green who then found Nuttall who slotted it away nicely, good team goal where three forward players all did their job and linked up well.

• Like 2

Just now, yarddog73 said:

I thought Willoughby did the work, kept the ball alive - found Green who then found Nuttall who slotted it away nicely, good team goal where three forward players all did their job and linked up well.

Willoughby did keep it in with a toe poke (which was a brilliant bit of chasing). Green picked it up and picked out Nuttall. However it wasn't a five yard pass. It was quick, precise and exactly where Nuttall needed it. Think Dr Evil's a bit harsh on Green's contribution last night myself. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Willoughby did keep it in with a toe poke (which was a brilliant bit of chasing). Green picked it up and picked out Nuttall. However it wasn't a five yard pass. It was quick, precise and exactly where Nuttall needed it. Think Dr Evil's a bit harsh on Green's contribution last night myself. 

From the highlights alone he's set up a goal with some good determination/awareness and a nice pass. He's made a pressing run that's led to a good chance and done something else I already forgot.

Even if that's all he's done in 90min that's a decent performance!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think you can expect about a 1k drop off from a Saturday to Tuesday. So if York brought 500ish, that gives us 6100 home fans last night. 

Id expect that to be back up to 7000 on Saturday. 

yeah even if its 5800 Latics thats decent for bottom of division 5. Corney would have killed for that in div3.

5900 ish home fans on a pissing down Tuesday Night while sat in the 5th divisions relegation zone after 1 win in 9 is some going to be fair. 

Not much to add on the performance after what most have said in here. Nuttall Sheron and Hobson where outstanding, a couple others not too far behind either. The players overall just looked so much happier. Nuttall looked like the happiest man on the planet after his goal. 

York where neat and tidy but rather toothless in the final third. Both sides will be way higher in the table come the reverse fixture though. 

Good win last night. We need to back it up on Saturday now though. 

Edited by aaronoafc
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

5900 ish home fans on a pissing down Tuesday Night while sat in the 5th divisions relegation zone after 1 win in 9 is some going to be fair. 

Not much to add on the performance after what most have said in here. Nuttall Sheron and Hobson where outstanding, a couple others not too far behind either. The players overall just looked so much happier. Nuttall looked like the happiest man on the planet after his goal. 

York where neat and tidy but rather toothless in the final third. Both sides will be way higher in the table come the reverse fixture though. 

Good win last night. We need to back it up on Saturday now though. 

Nuttall knows he's scored when he shoots he sets off to celebrate slightly too early and checks himself justincase!

he was great.

Edited by Monty Burns
*off
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Absolute hyperbole.

He was poor. He shouldn’t be starting for us but he does because he’s quick and we have very few options at RW.

Why do we need a new source of frustration? 

There are plenty on here who always need something to moan about. Even more on twatter. 

7 hours ago, doctor evil said:

We all see things differently, we all have different opinions after a game. If you don't think somebody played well there's nothing wrong with saying that. I call it how I see it, Someone plays well I'll say it, same if they don't. People might disagree, that's fine. But you can argue your point without the need to call people embarrassing and such.

We do. If a striker scores, he's done his job. If a goalkeeper and the defenders keep a clean sheet they've done their job. If a winger gets an assist he's done what he's paid to do. Rating him 4 out of 10 and saying no end product is ridiculously harsh. He was good last night. Did his job and grafted. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l wonder aloud here why the person that won the toss turned the teams round? seems a strange decision from either Captain.

I heard someone in an interview (can't remember who) say that they really wanted to get at York from the kick off and get an early goal to settle nerves, and it was felt playing towards our own fans in the RRE would help.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Looking at the highlights, I’d say Kitching was booked for deliberate handball.

Incredibly harsh after being sent flying onto it by their player.

The ref blows the whistle and signals free kick to us just before Kitching picks it up. So it can’t be for that. 

Having watched it a few times I still can’t make sense of what actually happened!