MATCH: Kidderminster Harriers (A) 26/09/23

11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Textbook away performance.  Not pretty, but better than under you-know-who in every way.

We look dangerous going forward, knock it about well (and not in our own 6 yard box) and are solid at the back.

Hobson an absolute signing.

Stick with Thommo until it starts to go South, I reckon..

Even their commentators were cooing over Hobson

He was immense tonight

1 minute ago, Longlostfan said:

Getting ahead of myself but I'm not concerned about Dale but it would take 2 off Chesterfield. I hadn't clocked they had only dropped 5 points so far.

I'm taking that fantastic win tonight as three points gained on Dale and Hartlepool. I think Chesterfield are uncatchable now, being fifteen points ahead, so those two teams are the ones I want to see plummet. :D 

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I'm taking that fantastic win tonight as three points gained on Dale and Hartlepool. I think Chesterfield are uncatchable now, being fifteen points ahead, so those two teams are the ones I want to see plummet. :D 

Oh no they're not. They'll shit themselves when we come up right behind them.

• Like 2

I'm not even into the twentyfirst century when following Latics games, never mind the 2020s.

I listened to the whole game tonight on BBC radio via the internet, but had the impression that some of you were watching a video feed of some sort.

Is that the case, and if so how do I do likewise? Is it possible without some kind of subscription arrangement?

Frustrating piss poor performance.

They'd done their homework on Hudson and put it on him all night, I still think Norman is better against the more physical teams.

Playing Gardner was just fucking stupid but i dont want to say I told you so.

Nuttall shouldn't have started after Saturday that's just rewarding failure given the striker options we have.

Nutall and Norwood shouldn't be played in a two, it doesn't work and they offer the same only one player is three /four leagues above the other.

Dickinson and to a lesser degree Green cannot play a full 90 minutes particularly twice a week, what's happened to the likes of Tollitt and Hope does he not trust them any more?

Shelton needs dropping from the squad and replaced, he's a fucking awful footballer, nobody can blame Unsworth anymore for him being so poor, I could pull you half a dozen central midfielders from Evo Stick who'd do a better job, if Lundstrum isn't back Saturday we need a loan or two in to cover central areas.

Great result but a piss poor performance, wake up call everyone needed really and with the games coming thick and fast we probably need a couple of bodies in, particularly in centre mid.

• Like 3

I've got to say that on the evidence of what I heard on the radio commentary I'd agree with that summary.

The team didn't seem to dominate at any stage in the game, and didn't create very much.

Still, eh?

Edited by Summerdeep

Doesn't look like Tollitt will be on the radar anymore, Hope has had some game time but probably not fancied for tonight, although on the bench. Shelton will be a non-starter once Lundstrum gets on the park and to see Gardner going off after 15 mins was disappointing, however, it was inevitable he would break down again. He will feature in later games.

Whilst I agree that we need more bodies in, soon hopefully, winning with a lacklustre performance is a sign of good things. We all know this, don't we?

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They'd done their homework on Hudson and put it on him all night, I still think Norman is better against the more physical teams.

Nuttall shouldn't have started after Saturday that's just rewarding failure given the striker options we have.

Nutall and Norwood shouldn't be played in a two, it doesn't work and they offer the same only one player is three /four leagues above the other.

Dickinson and to a lesser degree Green cannot play a full 90 minutes particularly twice a week, what's happened to the likes of Tollitt and Hope does he not trust them any more?

Shelton needs dropping from the squad and replaced, he's a fucking awful footballer, nobody can blame Unsworth anymore for him being so poor, I could pull you half a dozen central midfielders from Evo Stick who'd do a better job, if Lundstrum isn't back Saturday we need a loan or two in to cover central areas.

Great result but a piss poor performance, wake up call everyone needed really and with the games coming thick and fast we probably need a couple of bodies in, particularly in centre mid.

You know we won, right?

12 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

I'm not even into the twentyfirst century when following Latics games, never mind the 2020s.

I listened to the whole game tonight on BBC radio via the internet, but had the impression that some of you were watching a video feed of some sort.

Is that the case, and if so how do I do likewise? Is it possible without some kind of subscription arrangement?

So the national League has a streaming service. It's only available "overseas" for 3pm Saturday games but midweek games it's available domestically. You can pay for just one off games or subscribe monthly/annually I think (if you're "overseas")

14 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Blimey... 

"Piss poor"? It was an ugly away win. Nowt wrong with that. It's how we're going to have to do it sometimes. They can't all be York and Oxford. It's still another world from Unsworth. 

After a year of having genuine reasons to be negative, it is quite surprising the reaction from some to a third win in three. 

• Like 11

Just now, Ritchierich said:

You know we won, right?

Of course I do.

It doesn't mean we can't discuss why it was on a par if not worse than an Unsworth performance does it?. We played better at Gateshead and Unsworth got crucified, we got lucky tonight against piss poor opponents, I'll take it and move on to the next one but there are obviously still issues.

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Blimey... 

"Piss poor"? It was an ugly away win. Nowt wrong with that. It's how we're going to have to do it sometimes. They can't all be York and Oxford. It's still another world from Unsworth. 

After a year of having genuine reasons to be negative, it is quite surprising the reaction from some to a third win in three. 

It was piss poor, that's not even up for debate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Correct…he’s crap!

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Shelton needs dropping from the squad and replaced, he's a fucking awful footballer, nobody can blame Unsworth anymore for him being so poor.                           

Wrong…Unsworth signed him!

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Of course I do.

It doesn't mean we can't discuss why it was on a par if not worse than an Unsworth performance does it?. We played better at Gateshead and Unsworth got crucified, we got lucky tonight against piss poor opponents, I'll take it and move on to the next one but there are obviously still issues.

It was piss poor, that's not even up for debate.

No chance it was as bad as an Unsworth performance…we would have lost that tonight under that fraud. Tommo made the right changes up front that won us the game.

No idea also why you were criticising Hudson? Kidderminster worked their socks off and any team would have had to defend hard tonight to get something…we did and Hobson was outstanding…the same lad who was almost ruined by Unsworth

Obviously that was not as good as the first two games under Tommo but again, he sorted it out on the pitch and we won!

Seriously cheer up and enjoy our playoff push 😀

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Of course I do.

Give me lucky piss poor wins every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I don’t see the value in comparing the performance to Unsworth- but if I indulge you, we draw or even lose that type game under him IMO. 

Lucky? Or astute changes in a tight game- which we’ve all been asking for. 

Piss poor opponents? Or fighting for their life to try and get a result. 

Of course there’s still issues, but that’s not Thompsons fault. In fact, it’s to his credit that he’s dragged another result out when he only has two midfielders who can pick a pass. One is injured-again.  The other day is coming back from Injury. 

There’s nothing to be annoyed about. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Blimey... 

The win is the most important thing, obviously, but I think the results have probably flattered the performances of the last 3 games. We deserved to win the first 2, but they were against poor opposition. And I don't think in either game we created enough clear chances despite the goals we scored. Tonight we probably didn't deserve a win, again against a team that is struggling. Its not negative to say that, it's being realistic. That level of performance won't see us continue winning. But we can improve, and will as this management team works with the squad (and when/if the next one comes in). There's so much we can do better and the fact we have won 3 on the trot with that being the case is a positive. But we have to continue to see those improvements if we want to be in the mix at the end of the season.

• Like 3

For me it was feckin rank rotten,  we got the run around most of that game.  Only the Southend game was worse.  Shelton should be shipped out the door at the nearest opportunity absolutely awful. But fuck it a wins a win. 

6 hours ago, Fervid said:

For me it was feckin rank rotten,  we got the run around most of that game.  Only the Southend game was worse.  Shelton should be shipped out the door at the nearest opportunity absolutely awful. But fuck it a wins a win. 

Agree regarding Shelton BUT - we'd have lost that game previously.

Edited by wiseowl