MATCH: Altrincham (A) 14/10/23 FA Cup 4th Round Qualifying

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

On one hand, I couldn't give a shit if we won a 4th qualifying round match in the cup. On the other, I'd be buzzing with a cup run...

Will be a bit sad not to be in the Fa cup proper for the 1st time in ....how ever many years it is.

Edited by trickyrickyholden

29 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Will be a bit sad not to be in the Fa cup proper for the 1st time in ....how ever many years it is.

Latics first ever FA Cup match was on Oct 7th 1905, beating Ashton Town 2-1 in the First Qualifying Round. We went out in 4th Qualifying Round , losing 2-1 at Hull City on Dec 9th 1905. 

Ever since then we have made it to the "Proper" Rounds.

• Like 2

I've got a big yellow honeydew melon in my fridge. I will draw some eyes on it in thick black felt tip pen and mount it on a brush handle. Will somebody take this to Altricham and stand as close as possible to the touchline as in "I've got my eyes on you" from Mick Mellon. Maybe gee up our lads. 😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The players are on trial today our new manager will be observing and taking note. Some might find themselves out on their arse if they put in a half hearted effort today.

fully expecting a win now we know what the plan is.

ld rather it not have an anecdote about how MM nipped/rang down and had a tinker after he saw sumat wrong from the stands, thats's cringey when that happens.

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

fuckknows theres for CB's in that 11!!!!

Perhaps the back 3 is McGahey Hogan and Hobson with Sutton and Kitching the wing backs sheron Lumstrum and Dickinson in midfield with Green and Norwood uptop.

Could work but quite bizarre we've gone with essentially 4 centre backs in the starting 11.