MATCH: Altrincham (A) 14/10/23 FA Cup 4th Round Qualifying

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

That's the finger up from McGahey.

Pleased for the lad. Worked tremendously hard to get back from career-threatening injury, lost some excess timber and can be a useful squad member at this level.

Time to give him and all the boo-boy targets a fresh chance under the new boss. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

errr yeah he did

We'll have to disagree, I thought he struggled at times - have the ball away quite a bit and really should have been subbed late on as his legs had gone, take the goal though and we managed to have a bit more of the game second half.

Thought Hogan and Hobson were magnificent, best I've ever seen Hogan play.

First half definitely Alty's but thought we edged it second half.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Lots of work to do for MM,  but I'll take a battling win against a team which had won six in a row. 

And a big shout out to Paul Murray and Nicky Adams for preparing the side in difficult circumstances.

Edited by Boyyou
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

I don't listen to commentary as I cannot enjoy [if we ever do] the game the same as watching it. I'm waiting to read more on how Latics played when the fans who went post their thoughts on here.

Bits I listened to early on their commentators said we were having the better of things and  finding plenty of room down their right flank. I came on here and people were posting how we were poor and struggling once again.

I suppose everyone's eyes don't always see the same picture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Bits I listened to early on their commentators said we were having the better of things and  finding plenty of room down their right flank. I came on here and people were posting how we were poor and struggling once again.

I suppose everyone's eyes don't always see the same picture.

I just struggle to gauge any sporting competition on commentary alone and much prefer to be visual and yes, we all see something different which is not a bad thing, when you think about it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

He hit the metal fence right in front of me with a right fucking clatter, not surprised he has gone off. 

Had some right idiot stood behind me when this happened saying he's a pro footballer and shouldn't be injured by a hoarding and then proceeded to call all the other Latics fans around him sausages when he was called out for being a sausage himself. Had to listen to a full half of his negativity and slagging pretty much every player off. Biggest sausage going 🤣

1 hour ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Indeed but I’d hope MM has been watching the last few games at least, even if on video.

I'm sure he will he's not naive. He'll be aware of some of the issues and will realise he needs to learn alot more about the squad and players before he can make proper judgements on them.

Hes got alot to live upto the last 2 managers never lost a game 🙃

Whisper it quietly we are unbeaten in 7.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Surprised how Mcgahey lasted all match, it certainly worked playing him in front of the back 4,he may have his drawbacks but I love his vocality the other players know he is around. It was an improvement on the last few games, we played a bit higher up the pitch, just need Mellon to give us that extra 20 per cent now. 

32 minutes ago, SpotTheBall85 said:

Had some right idiot stood behind me when this happened saying he's a pro footballer and shouldn't be injured by a hoarding and then proceeded to call all the other Latics fans around him sausages when he was called out for being a sausage himself. Had to listen to a full half of his negativity and slagging pretty much every player off. Biggest sausage going 🤣

I do wonder why people like that go I mean I'm not expecting everyone to like everything they see but if it makes you that angry don't go I'm sure there are other things people can do on a saturday.