MATCH: Altrincham (A) 14/10/23 FA Cup 4th Round Qualifying

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm sure he will he's not naive. He'll be aware of some of the issues and will realise he needs to learn alot more about the squad and players before he can make proper judgements on them.

Hes got alot to live upto the last 2 managers never lost a game 🙃

Whisper it quietly we are unbeaten in 7.

Not many managers go into a new job with the team unbeaten in 7!!

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I do wonder why people like that go I mean I'm not expecting everyone to like everything they see but if it makes you that angry don't go I'm sure there are other things people can do on a saturday

Even before game started I heard him say to his mates, let's stand hear lads, Shelton will be able to hear me giving him s**t from here.

Don't need fans like that.

On another note, brilliant win. Wasn't expecting that with Altrincham's recent form and the not so ideal preparation with Thompson and Redfearn going on Wednesday.

Looking forward to see who we are drawn against tomorrow.

Mastersroke by Muzza to play Mcgahey at DCM. I like everyone else thought it was insane.

It allowed Hogan ( my MOM again) to carry the ball forward and drive us into midfield.

Special mention to Norwood who I’ve been critical off. Ran his bollocks off and held it well second half.

Edited by welshgaz
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Mastersroke by Muzza to play Mcgahey at DCM. I like everyone else thought it was insane

I'd stick with this, had a good game, looked solid. When Gardner is fit again wouldn't mind seeing him and Lundstram in front of Mcgahey.

Edited by SpotTheBall85
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

As predicted Dickinson has broke down, zero aerobic fitness and a passenger in the centre of the park.

That wins the prize as your daftest post yet.

The bloke was playing OK and smacked into the hoardings (may have caught one of the ballboys too)-no wonder he had to go off.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Alty neat and tidy, some structure to the way they play and I suspect a 1-0 defeat today if we can't put our foot on the ball and string some passes together.

Never really threatened other than clipping the bar with a deflection-quiet day for Hudson, looked as though he was carrying a knock in 2nd half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

That wins the prize as your daftest post yet.

The bloke was playing OK and smacked into the hoardings (may have caught one of the ballboys too)-no wonder he had to go off.

Never really threatened other than clipping the bar with a deflection-quiet day for Hudson, looked as though he was carrying a knock in 2nd half.

He was in some pain straight away, he just brushed the ball girl (is this politically incorrect) and she was OK. 

3 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Green was terrible today and made the sub decision easy after getting injured, we looked better after he went off.

Agreed, we have been carrying Green as a passenger last few games. I would imagine MM wouldn't put up with that. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

What did he say? 

He was just talking about players who had been out or not playing much then said McGahey was a great player or something along those lines. Was a bit surprising but I’m guessing Muzza had them setting up like that in training that day. 

Just now, nzlatic said:

He was just talking about players who had been out or not playing much then said McGahey was a great player or something along those lines. Was a bit surprising but I’m guessing Muzza had them setting up like that in training that day. 

Well he certainly looks a better player than Sheron in that position, he made a couple of shite long passes but other than that I was quietly impressed with his performance. 

• Like 1