MATCH: AFC Fylde (A) 24/10/23

This entire squad needs to fuck off, they simply do not care about this club or their profession. 

No desire, no application, no passion and no improvement. It is a disgrace that they get paid a decent wage and play football for a living when most of us have to work far harder doing something we don’t love.

I’ve finally been defeated by them and not going to bother going for a while, it’s sad but there is simply no point anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We turned up thinking we'd steamroller them. The opposite happened, they hit us straight away and we couldn't handle it.

One upfront Norwood didn't win a ball all night and just fucking moaned at everyone else. We desperately needed someone to hold it up.

3 in the middle but everything for them went wide for them and their wingers had the freedom of the park.

Awful 'performance' 

• Like 1

Just now, Ritchierich said:

This entire squad needs to fuck off, they simply do not care about this club or their profession. 

No desire, no application, no passion and no improvement. It is a disgrace that they get paid a decent wage and play football for a living when most of us have to work far harder doing something we don’t love.

I’ve finally been defeated by them and not going to bother going for a while, it’s sad but there is simply no point anymore.

The feelings of a disappointing night.
I bet you weren't feeling that way last Saturday?

Of course there is a point, it's called football.
See you Saturday.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

We turned up thinking we'd steamroller them. The opposite happened, they hit us straight away and we couldn't handle it.

One upfront Norwood didn't win a ball all night and just fucking moaned at everyone else. We desperately needed someone to hold it up.

3 in the middle but everything for them went wide for them and their wingers had the freedom of the park.

Awful 'performance' 

Norwood going through the motions with a poor looking attitude.

Big signing or not that's not acceptable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Awful 'performance' 

Yep, the 'wingers' Mellon harped on about in his interview.
He knows what he needs to do, let's hope the board backs his requests.

1 minute ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Awful 'performance' 

The problem is that our weak spot that was previously through the middle (and still is with Shelton in there) has now been pushed out wide. Teams are particularly targeting Sutton but Kitching, who has been pretty consistent this season, has been equally as culpable the last two games

At the end of the day any team consistently starting Sutton, Sheron, and Green (sprinkled in with a bit of Shelton here and there) in their XI will never win promotion. This result was bad, but with these kind of players a performance like this is always on the cards. 
Let‘s hope we can go on another mini unbeaten run now.

21 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Yep, the 'wingers' Mellon harped on about in his interview.
He knows what he needs to do, let's hope the board backs his requests.

Yep, because Green is not a winger, how many crosses does he put into the box, decent or otherwise.

Tonight we went down to 10 men, played long high balls up front and left Fondop on the fucking bench, who would at least win a few headers and give there 2 CB's something to think about.

Edited by hillside blue
poor grammar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The feelings of a disappointing night.
I bet you weren't feeling that way last Saturday?

Of course there is a point, it's called football.
See you Saturday.

nope, I’ve made other arrangements. This is not one night, this is the reality of this squad, they are spineless and not a chance I am going to waste any more money on them. 

As for “Football” that requires a bit of passion and effort. Almost none of our players understand that. 

Fylde have some good wingers. Tonight they didn't try to out think us,they just went for it. When WE have developed an identity we too might just play our game and let the opposition worry about us instead of how it is at  the moment. But still don't understand how and why we didn't use all our subs tonight and why we didn't compete.

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

nope, I’ve made other arrangements. This is not one night, this is the reality of this squad, they are spineless and not a chance I am going to waste any more money on them. 

As for “Football” that requires a bit of passion and effort. Almost none of our players understand that. 

I still ask the question, did you think that last Saturday at Rochdale?