MATCH: AFC Fylde (A) 24/10/23

1 minute ago, philsalt said:

I’d expect Shelton to come off for Tollitt at some point in the early second half. McGahey brought on cos we’re getting absolutely pasted at the back. Could easily be 5-0 

Shelton should have been taken off for HM. We were already playing with 10 men before Hogan's sending off. 9 if you include Sutton.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

2 down, one sent off and we bring on a defender.

Absolute pasting this.

Not missed this absolute waffle!! Don't talk wet. Stupid question

7 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Serious question here.

Why on earth is Shelton playing?

And why hasn't he been taken off?

Nobody can answer that. I'd have hooked him for McGahey and gone 441

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Shelton should have been taken off for HM. We were already playing with 10 men before Hogan's sending off. 9 if you include Sutton.

Norwood setting a poor example, doesn't look interested.

I'm embarrassed for this bunch of frauds tonight, from 1 to 99 a bunch of shithouses, Hogan is a fucking pub player and I'd of subbed Shelton and Lundstrum after 10 minutes, meanwhile Mellon is stood there doing absolutely fuck all. Probably Murray's fault.

Should be 5 down and we've not even tested their keeper. Fuck off.

Some are having a nightmare out there (and some far worse performances than Shelton’s) and we should be 4 down.

Wouldn't mind seeing the sending off again. The Fylde player definitely had Hogan’s arm locked-up by the end of the move.

Regardless, fuck me, we are so shit in possession. Appalling.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm embarrassed for this bunch of frauds tonight, from 1 to 99 a bunch of shithouses, Hogan is a fucking pub player and I'd of subbed Shelton and Lundstrum after 10 minutes, meanwhile Mellon is stood there doing absolutely fuck all. Probably Murray's fault.

Should be 5 down and we've not even tested their keeper. Fuck off.

When ALL the team is playing this badly and a player is sent off, what exactly do you expect Mellon to do? When you could take every player off , where do you start?

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

Don't get the hatred for Shelton, there are worse players than him tonight, and to top it off the sprinkler at half time has just pissed us through even at the back of the stand. 

Watch Shelton. He’s literally standing on the opposition players when our CB is looking for a pass. 

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Because every time he plays we look poor? Maybe?

So because he has played bad in the past you you take him off now when there are players far worse tonight.

I agree he is playing bad but my point was stop singling him out when it is ALL of the players tonight, some even worse than him.

I'm sure we all knew deep down that a performance like this was round the corner with this group of players. We couldn't expect Mellon to come in and wave a magic wand but he's got a hell of a half time team talk to do.

That said promotion winning sides suffer games like this all the time and find a way to get something out of the game. So this is now about a test of character as much as anythingelse.

Edited by GlossopLatic