MATCH: AFC Fylde (A) 24/10/23

7 minutes ago, marhar said:

I don't think the yellow for Hogan is wrong necessarily, because the hanging on starts before anything else, but the Fleetwood player should be off too

I know the referees have questionable ability at this level but I think sending a Fleetwood player off might be a bit harsh.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Nope - he's terrible every time he plays. Some of the others have reasonable games sometimes. He's an absolute liability every time. 

So you take him off because he has been terrible in the past rather than take off the worst player on the night?

Your point and others saying he has been shite in the past is for picking him in the first place, but once he is playing then you judge it on the night.

Just now, GKing521 said:

Very worrying evening for the football club.

We are absolutely miles off being able to mount any sort of promotion push. Just how many years are we going to be down here?

We're just off an 8 game unbeaten run and 5 points off the playoffs with a new manager. Don't be so melodramatic 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Wardie said:

When you saw Shelton in the line up and not McGahey, did you not think "Shit, this is not good"? It's almost as if Shelton is the link back to the crap Unsworth performances and he may be the psychological weak link. 

Having seen the clip above, that was a fucking disgraceful decision in my opinion.
The club should attempt an overturn.

Can't appeal two yellows

3 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

So you take him off because he has been terrible in the past rather than take off the worst player on the night?

Your point and others saying he has been shite in the past is for picking him in the first place, but once he is playing then you judge it on the night.

I'd rather Lundtsram and Sheron in midfield than him. Based on tonight. And every night. He should have been taken off. He offers nothing

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd rather Lundtsram and Sheron in midfield than him. Based on tonight. And every night. He should have been taken off. He offers nothing

Neither does Sheron, to be fair. I‘m guessing you could watch him for 90 mins and count the number of forward passes he makes on one hand.

Just now, Guy Branston Pickle said:

We're just off an 8 game unbeaten run and 5 points off the playoffs with a new manager. Not be so melodramatic 

Unbeaten maybe but let's not kid ourselves, the majority of the performances in this infamous run were terrible. Wealdstone, Maidenhead, Dagenham, and Kidderminster was crap, but we somehow won that.

Root and stem change is needed with the squad, unfortunately. It could take us at least 3 more seasons to win the league. We will never win a play-off campaign due to the weak mentality that plagues the club. That is the brutal reality that we face. 

We've been picked apart and dominated by the team that was propping up the division. Alarm bells across all departments should be ringing loudly because what has just transpired is disgraceful.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Very worrying evening for the football club.

We are absolutely miles off being able to mount any sort of promotion push. Just how many years are we going to be down here?

"Very worrying evening for the football club."

What??

GK, you only seem surface when we are losing. Your post is a rash over exaggeration and you know it  but you appear to revel in the bad results, which is exactly what this is. It's football. you win, you lose, you draw.  Get over it.

We are the mighty Oldham.
Yeah, right.