MATCH: AFC Fylde (A) 24/10/23

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

He seems to fluctuate on the state of the game, if we’re in it or leading he’s at it. If we start badly or are struggling the dummy gets spat out. 

Yes really shit attitude from a seasoned pro, he won't give a fuck though which is half the problem. 

38 minutes ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

Loan signings didn't work last season and haven't for the last 10 years at this club.

And we've already blown a load of money on paying off Unsworth, buying Norwood etc....

Not feasible.

Fulham in the cup? 

13 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Bemused by tonight. Why the last three managers can't see that Shelton fits into no formation is beyond me.

5 strikers available, yet only picks one. Doesn't even try to change it. Weird.

And whatever "level" Norwood is on it's no good to us. He looked like an expensive mardy arse tonight. 

I absolutely and wholeheartedly apologise for selling you that ticket.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

They did for the 2nd half. Let Oldham fans into the stand on the right up to  about the edge of the centre circle.

Very sensible move by Fylde, although presumably that one bloke who didn't seem to want to move took some persuading.

I did notice that one person completely on his own but I only started watching again after they had moved the fans and had wondered whether he would move or not. 

That's hilarious if he tried not to move, he must love his solitude!!! 

I agree common sense shown by a football club for a change, although it does make you think if they over sold tickets for the away end as it looked absolutely packed.

Only 2 games in and Mellon is sorting out the good from the average .At least he's trying Tollitt and Hope out which Unsworth  hardly used  and who kept his favourites.

He now knows what we need hopefully after that dire performance and will get the same backing . I'm just glad we have him on board and got shut of Unsworth. 

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I was saying to my stepdad that it looked rammed but more and more fans kept coming in with nowhere to go!

There were a fair few stood at the top of the seating section too as there were no seats left.

No it wasn't crammed, plenty of space to watch in comfort, although it would have been preferable to have a giant haystacks type of person blocking my view. 

Just got home and just hope the players read these comments. That was absolutely sub-standard. It was shite, weak as piss, they were outfought, outthought, lacklustre, showed no desire or pride. My sons under 11 team show more fight than they did tonight. If you had asked which team was bottom of the league then you would easily say the soft as shit, whinging players in blue. Fucking crap. The players need to know that that kind of ‘performance’ is nowhere near acceptable. Better sort themselves out quick and they better be in training first thing in the morning, if thats not too much trouble for them

• Like 1

Fylde beat us in every department today, but they had a great game plan. As soon as Sutton got the ball, that was a trigger for Kay to press, and Sutton didn’t know what to do. The other winger was too quick for Kitching and as we all know, without him we have no out ball. It was made far worse by the fact Shelton was not looking for the ball, he just  stood on his man and the defence had no players to pass to. Sheron and Lundstram have to take responsibility for that also, but Shelton was the main pivot in that midfield. - Embarrassing that a broken centre back can play that role better than him. 

People can blame Norwood all they like, and yes he doesn’t look the most thrilled. But they pump it to his head, when he can be played in, they don’t play him in, I bet he’s fumming. 

Time to take Sutton out, so so poor again. Raglan in for Hogan, hopefully he performs and it can stay that way. Shelton and Sheron combo at it again, another game not controlled with them in the side together. 

Anyways the worst thing tonight is the booing of Shelton, topped off by abusing the players at the end of the game. We have some fucking weird fans, it’s self sabotage honestly. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Hope people get back OK tonight, I took a flyer because it was shite, but the M6 was closed off at the M55 junction with a diversion into Preston, then you couldn't get onto the M60 from the M61 so diverted down the East Lancs. Topped off a shite night. 

Yea, awful journey home, almost 2 hours. What a dreadful night overall.

6 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Because it’s lazy to blame Shelton or Shelton and Sheron.

Kitching, Sutton, Hobson, Lundstram, Hogan all worse than Shelton tonight IMO.

You can't say that I am his dad not you!!!!

I don't defend Shelton at all , I think every outfield player should be criticised based on tonight.

• Like 2

I’m at a loss with this squad.  It’s not the result per se, it’s the manner of the performance. 

There are games we look a really decent side, and then we get performances like tonight, where we don’t just get beat but look miles off it.

We go there 8 unbeaten, new manager, full of optimism and by all accounts just don’t look up for it.

The only thing I can think of, is too many are turning up with an unwarranted billy big bollocks mentality and/or are complacent. 

1 minute ago, Only Blue said:

You can't say that I am his dad not you!!!!

I don't defend Shelton at all , I think every outfield player should be criticised based on tonight.

Shelton needs to be either shipped out on loan, or played at right back. He can’t play centre mid for Oldham thats for sure. 

He should probably leave because people are on a witch hunt for him and it will be impossible to change the opinions now. I totally disagree with the abuse he gets, but don’t disagree with the assessment, he’s crap. 

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Fylde beat us in every department today, but they had a great game plan. As soon as Sutton got the ball, that was a trigger for Kay to press, and Sutton didn’t know what to do. The other winger was too quick for Kitching and as we all know, without him we have no out ball. It was made far worse by the fact Shelton was not looking for the ball, he just  stood on his man and the defence had no players to pass to. Sheron and Lundstram have to take responsibility for that also, but Shelton was the main pivot in that midfield. - Embarrassing that a broken centre back can play that role better than him. 

People can blame Norwood all they like, and yes he doesn’t look the most thrilled. But they pump it to his head, when he can be played in, they don’t play him in, I bet he’s fumming. 

Time to take Sutton out, so so poor again. Raglan in for Hogan, hopefully he performs and it can stay that way. Shelton and Sheron combo at it again, another game not controlled with them in the side together. 

Anyways the worst thing tonight is the booing of Shelton, topped off by abusing the players at the end of the game. We have some fucking weird fans, it’s self sabotage honestly. 

In what world is Freeman no better that Sutton at right back? 

Utterly baffling. 

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

This entire squad needs to fuck off, they simply do not care about this club or their profession. 

No desire, no application, no passion and no improvement. It is a disgrace that they get paid a decent wage and play football for a living when most of us have to work far harder doing something we don’t love.

I’ve finally been defeated by them and not going to bother going for a while, it’s sad but there is simply no point anymore.

Couldn’t have put it better myself . Absolutely awful display. But I’ve always thought most of this squad aren’t collectively good enough for what we need. Tonight they showed yet again their massive shortcomings. Some of them literally cannot play football as daft as it sounds. The ones that can are still bang average . 

Just now, League one forever said:

I’m at a loss with this squad.  It’s not the result per se, it’s the manner of the performance. 

There are games we look a really decent side, and then we get performances like tonight, where we don’t just get beat but look miles off it.

We go there 8 unbeaten, new manager, full of optimism and by all accounts just don’t look up for it.

The only thing I can think of, is too many are turning up with an unwarranted billy big bollocks mentality and/or are complacent. 

Squads not balanced so you get inconsistency. We have 4 strikers who didn’t play, 2 of which not in the squad. But we don’t have a competent right back or a holding midfield player and very limited options out wide. 

• Like 2

Just now, True Tic said:

Couldn’t have put it better myself . Absolutely awful display. But I’ve always thought most of this squad aren’t collectively good enough for what we need. Tonight they showed yet again their massive shortcomings. Some of them literally cannot play football as daft as it sounds. The ones that can are still bang average . 

The ones that just scored 4 v Rochdale away last game ? 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

The ones that just scored 4 v Rochdale away last game ? 

Yes, those. How often do we do that? Plus that was a derby, different game. 
this was bottom of the league and they played us off the park. 
it’s not just Shelton who is shite. Most of them are. 

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Squads not balanced so you get inconsistency. We have 4 strikers who didn’t play, 2 of which not in the squad. But we don’t have a competent right back or a holding midfield player and very limited options out wide. 

6 minutes ago, True Tic said:

But they’ve just gone 8 unbeaten. . .

I’m not disagreeing with of either you, I just find it baffling that one week we look like we have a good squad with some good options, and the week after we look like we need half a new team. 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 1