FA trophy

Use this purely as a competition to play the yoof team (if allowed?). If not, play as weak a team as possible and exit the thing ASAP. 

Can you imagine, for example, Norwood getting a serious injury partaking in this competition? Would cost us dearly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Use this purely as a competition to play the yoof team (if allowed?). If not, play as weak a team as possible and exit the thing ASAP. 

Can you imagine, for example, Norwood getting a serious injury partaking in this competition? Would cost us dearly.

Not for me. We haven't won anything in 30 years, I'd like to see us take the competition seriously, has to be our best ever chance of getting to Wembley in a cup competition. Use the squad but play a strong team, winning is a mentality, let's all have a day out at Wembley, we deserve it.  

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Not for me. We haven't won anything in 30 years, I'd like to see us take the competition seriously, has to be our best ever chance of getting to Wembley in a cup competition. Use the squad but play a strong team, winning is a mentality, let's all have a day out at Wembley, we deserve it.  

100% agree - Bromley won it 2 seasons ago beating Wrexham and have used it as a catalyst to kick on as a club in many areas. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

100% agree - Bromley won it 2 seasons ago beating Wrexham and have used it as a catalyst to kick on as a club in many areas. 

We don't need to use this to kick on if we were a smaller club in the league and we needed to build the club up to compete then that's a more valid arguement. I always used this line of thought for JPT/Pappa John's/ whatever you want to call it shield when we were in L1 but its not as relevant to us now.

We have a big squad with a number of players currently kicking their heels give them game time in this competition and if we do well in it they can play themselves into the team and for us it's a bonus. But it's very much a secondary priority to challenging for promotion.

Edited by GlossopLatic

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We don't need to use this to kick on if we were a smaller club in the league and we needed to build the club up to compete then that's a more valid arguement. I always used this line of thought for JPT/Pappa John's/ whatever you want to call it shield when we were in L1 but its not as relevant to us now.

We have a big squad with a number of players currently kicking their heels give them game time in this competition and if we do well in it they can play themselves into the team and for us it's a bonus. But it's very much a secondary priority to challenging for promotion.

33 years since we won anything.  Whatever we're in I'm in it to win it.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, astottie said:

2 divisions below us.

I can't  believe the disrespect Micklover are getting on Twitter. They're playing really well at the moment.How many times have I seen US beat better opposition Everton,Aston Villa,Southampton,West Ham are just a few that come to mind.We should win this but please respect the oppo.I trust M.M and should be a good game.Wembely,Wembely oh were all pissed up and were going to Wembeley hopefully.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I couldn’t disagree more. A friend who supports Southampton said it was winning the FL Trophy in 2010, with all the Wembley razzamatazz, that kick started their revival. They won promotion from L1 the following season and from the Championship the season after that. It’s 30+ years since we won anything, so the FA Trophy needs to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

I can't  believe the disrespect Micklover are getting on Twitter. They're playing really well at the moment.How many times have I seen US beat better opposition Everton,Aston Villa,Southampton,West Ham are just a few that come to mind.We should win this but please respect the oppo.I trust M.M and should be a good game.Wembely,Wembely oh were all pissed up and were going to Wembeley hopefully.

I didn't think I wasn't respecting them. However they are 2 divisions below us.🙂

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Be nice watch us in the final though, either there or TV with a maybe a 40,000 crowd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

l cant believe l used to moan about the pizza trophy

I'd rather win this than that.  The introduction of B Teams devalued it beyond recovery...

I see Mickleover's nickname is "Sports".  Pretty broad..

• Like 1