FA trophy

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

33 years since we won anything.  Whatever we're in I'm in it to win it.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I couldn’t disagree more. A friend who supports Southampton said it was winning the FL Trophy in 2010, with all the Wembley razzamatazz, that kick started their revival. They won promotion from L1 the following season and from the Championship the season after that. It’s 30+ years since we won anything, so the FA Trophy needs to be taken seriously.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Be nice watch us in the final though, either there or TV with a maybe a 40,000 crowd.

Don't get me wrong here guys I'll happily go to Wembley if we get there and celebrate if we win.

My thoughts are that we should treat this as a secondary priority to that of challenging for promotion, and that we should use it as an opportunity to rest and rotate players and give some of those on the fringes some football.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Use this purely as a competition to play the yoof team (if allowed?). If not, play as weak a team as possible and exit the thing ASAP. 

Can you imagine, for example, Norwood getting a serious injury partaking in this competition? Would cost us dearly.

Could just as easily get injured in the league. If he gets injured, he gets injured. It's football

16 hours ago, JoeP said:

I'd rather win this than that.  The introduction of B Teams devalued it beyond recovery...

I see Mickleover's nickname is "Sports".  Pretty broad..

Yeah the introduction of the B teams and subsequent pigeon holing of appearances in the competition for England as something for the EFL to celebrate has vastly devalued the Bristol Street Motors Trophy*. Current England players were playing in it before B-teams were given entry.

I think Mickleover's nickname of "Sports" may no longer apply as they dropped the "Sports" from their official name a couple of years ago.

* So has the crap sponsors too.

[rather unsuprisingly l suppose] l found the B team introduction interesting, despite its obvious malicious intentions, on a purely sporting level. however, l was mostly able to bury that by listening to vested interests and paid patsy's at Vladolfs World Cup tryna tell me that England and Wales were doing well there because of the football league trophy.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Yeah the introduction of the B teams and subsequent pigeon holing of appearances in the competition for England as something for the EFL to celebrate has vastly devalued the Bristol Street Motors Trophy*. Current England players were playing in it before B-teams were given entry.

I think Mickleover's nickname of "Sports" may no longer apply as they dropped the "Sports" from their official name a couple of years ago.

* So has the crap sponsors too.

Andy Barlow played for an England B team.

• 3 weeks later...