MATCH: Barnet (A) 22/11/23

9 minutes ago, latics22 said:

But but “rhino” is a good manager but but but nutall is a 20 goal a season striker…  mikey cult hero ! Micky is the man! Micky and Mikey! Is all we need 

Rhino is an undiscovered genius. It’s only him and McFluffy who understand the importance of having a fourth striker on the bench, rather than wasting the spot on a goalkeeper. The whole of the rest of the football world is “talking shit”, including MM apparently.  Still, he got away with it tonight…

4 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Rhino is an undiscovered genius. It’s only him and McFluffy who understand the importance of having a fourth striker on the bench, rather than wasting the spot on a goalkeeper. The whole of the rest of the football world is “talking shit”, including MM apparently.  Still, he got away with it tonight…

SWEET that

Fluff should quit whilst he's behind 😲

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We’ve been creating chances for weeks- tonight we took them. 

We’ve reduced a top team to hardly any chances - again. 

The performances are getting more and more consistent. 

Two of my favourite quotes from commentary. 

It’s the complete away performance.

No side plays like this without being well drilled. 

I’ll say it again, because I’m absolutely fucking buzzing. 

E

I

E

I

E

O. 

Apart from giving the ball away in the first half repeatedly after winning it I thought that was superb. Excellent finishing too. Barnet wanted it tonight and we handed their arses to them. 

51 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I was counting them in my figures.  I thought he signed Mcgahey (?) and he put HH on the retained list. 

Technically they were both signed by Keith Curle. 

So Hogan, Sheron, Fondop and Norman were Shez signings from the 15.

Anyway not that it matters we won 4-1 away and I for 1 am buzzing, night all!

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see one of our former players doing well.      Wasn't part of the managers plans towards the end and good to see the player can do a job for someone else.  

Still seems strange seeing Oldham in non-league.    Well done on tonight, a big win and get yourselves back into the football league soon as you can.     Do I have permission to start a one-off topic relating your club ?

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Apart from giving the ball away in the first half repeatedly after winning it I thought that was superb. Excellent finishing too. Barnet wanted it tonight and we handed their arses to them. 

Without any doubt

Masterclass of an away performance and so was Woking

What a result. I'll hold my hands up, I slagged off Fondop as a liability after the Solihull game but he was immense tonight. Norwood though, wow. Best player in non league and tonight proved it, what a player he's gonna be under a manager who knows how to use him. Hopefully this isn't another false dawn but I reckon Mellon is the man!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tractors Passing Through said:

Nice to see one of our former players doing well.      Wasn't part of the managers plans towards the end and good to see the player can do a job for someone else.  

Still seems strange seeing Oldham in non-league.    Well done on tonight, a big win and get yourselves back into the football league soon as you can.     Do I have permission to start a one-off topic relating your club ?

Good man

Spread the word, Sir James will take us far

7 minutes ago, Tractors Passing Through said:

We've won 4-1 away. You can start a topic about Ed Sheeran B sides if you wish.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

What a result. I'll hold my hands up, I slagged off Fondop as a liability after the Solihull game but he was immense tonight. Norwood though, wow. Best player in non league and tonight proved it, what a player he's gonna be under a manager who knows how to use him. Hopefully this isn't another false dawn but I reckon Mellon is the man!

I’ve had my doubts, still do , but I have to say we looked “different “ tonight. Determined, resolute, decent passing (eventually). Just looked like we knew we could do it. 

Can't stand Ed Sheeran.     Grew up in the 80's with proper music, nothing like the absolute garbage they put out today.      The kid supports our team, for that he's acceptable, but for everything else, just a name I fail to recognise.        Well done again on tonight.    Seriously, wish Latics all the best in the season ahead, it's such a shame to see a one proud club where they are now.     Joe Royle was manager for both, he was - and is - a great man.  

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Tractors Passing Through said:

Can't stand Ed Sheeran.     Grew up in the 80's with proper music, nothing like the absolute garbage they put out today.      The kid supports our team, for that he's acceptable, but for everything else, just a name I fail to recognise.        Well done again on tonight.    Seriously, wish Latics all the best in the season ahead, it's such a shame to see a one proud club where they are now.     Joe Royle was manager for both, he was - and is - a great man.  

Even though we're in a lowly league, the club is in a better state than it's been for many a year.

The future should be bright!

I could write reams about tonight, but the key for me was the substitution of Freeman and the change to 3 at the back. Kanu scared the hell out of us before that and didn't get a kick afterwards. We have a manager who knows what he's doing, shock.

Finally I know it won't be popular with many but Green was terrific tonight in 2 different roles. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, astottie said:

I could write reams about tonight, but the key for me was the substitution of Freeman and the change to 3 at the back. Kanu scared the hell out of us before that and didn't get a kick afterwards. We have a manager who knows what he's doing, shock.

Finally I know it won't be popular with many but Green was terrific tonight in 2 different roles. 

I agree, I thought  Green actually put in a defensive display. 

13 minutes ago, Tractors Passing Through said:

I'm a Suffolk Based Oldhamer. Good to see my now local team doing well. Cheers up my local!

4 minutes ago, astottie said:

Weirdly he put in a very similar performance in the same fixture last season. 

4 happy bunnies on our way home 😀

A couple of dodgy moments in the first half but a thoroughly deserved win. Norwood played a blinder again and his partnership with Fondop starting to bare fruits. 
Great support as usual and the players showed their appreciation at the end.

Hopefully no detour on the way home like on the way down when the M1 was closed for hours due to a bad crash.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, philwhite said:

4 happy bunnies on our way home 😀

A couple of dodgy moments in the first half but a thoroughly deserved win. Norwood played a blinder again and his partnership with Fondop starting to bare fruits. 
Great support as usual and the players showed their appreciation at the end.

Hopefully no detour on the way home like on the way down when the M1 was closed for hours due to a bad crash.

Glad you had a great night.  Safe journey home.

• Like 1

Some one posted the other day that wellens said something like oldham fans go over the top when they win and to despair when the lose.

Prime example tonight. 

Good result  but some people now think Mellon the "messiah" and "best game in years" and "now definitely going up".

Other week when we drew, people say half the team need sacking.

It beggers belief. 

Just enjoy the result, get some perspective and move onto the next match