MATCH: Barnet (A) 22/11/23

11 minutes ago, Charles or Eddie said:

Some one posted the other day that wellens said something like oldham fans go over the top when they win and to despair when the lose.

Prime example tonight. 

Good result  but some people now think Mellon the "messiah" and "best game in years" and "now definitely going up".

Other week when we drew, people say half the team need sacking.

It beggers belief. 

Just enjoy the result, get some perspective and move onto the next match

Still need those 3 or 4 for that big play off push, one like Kanu of Barnet for example.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Charles or Eddie said:

Some one posted the other day that wellens said something like oldham fans go over the top when they win and to despair when the lose.

Prime example tonight. 

Good result  but some people now think Mellon the "messiah" and "best game in years" and "now definitely going up".

It beggers belief. 

Yawn…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Thought McGahey and Raglan bossed it at the back.

Shout out to Green, who gets a lot of stick but I thought he worked his bollocks off tonight.

Gardner looks reborn.

Norwood and Fondop absolutely immense.

Mickey Mellon got everything spot on and you can see the team are really buying in to it!

Great night all round!!

Also this a far better Hallam Hope than we've seen under Unsworth.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, astottie said:

I could write reams about tonight, but the key for me was the substitution of Freeman and the change to 3 at the back. Kanu scared the hell out of us before that and didn't get a kick afterwards. We have a manager who knows what he's doing, shock.

Finally I know it won't be popular with many but Green was terrific tonight in 2 different roles. 

This for me as well, great substitution. Freeman was having a mare although the formation didn't help him. Backed up the win on Saturday, Barnet's defence seeing Mikey Fondop and Norwood in their nightmares tonight. Super Oldham.

• Like 2

Happy to be proven wrong this evening. We were on the ropes until half time, and when they equalised, it looked like it would play out in a way we have seen time and time again.

But it didn’t. We may actually be on to something with Mellon here.

Yes, I am pleased, I actually do want us to win. Forgive me for not being enthusiastic previously for scraping draws in Division 5… Things though are starting to look VERY promising, and i’m on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Rhino is an undiscovered genius. It’s only him and McFluffy who understand the importance of having a fourth striker on the bench, rather than wasting the spot on a goalkeeper. The whole of the rest of the football world is “talking shit”, including MM apparently.  Still, he got away with it tonight…

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

SWEET that

Fluff should quit whilst he's behind 😲

Let me know when a sub keeper gets used by us you pair of...

Absolutely fantastic performance by the team and manager tonight. 
Special mention to big Mike obviously plus Norwood…the pair of them will terrorise defenders in this league.

Raglan and McGahey were superb and Kitch showed Freeman how to defend against width.

The one downside was poor old Freeman at RB who looked absolutely lost and he and Green just couldn’t cope with Barnet width and movement (although Green worked his bollocks off so I was a bit unfair with my earlier comment when Barnet got the penalty) Melon showed he knows what he is doing by making perfect substitutions and shutting down the Barnet threat

The Ref started well but the wheels came off after he decided to rewrite the rules and changed his mind about the (blatant) red card. 
And finally, a nice little cameo from Hope, he’s a great player to have in the squad.

Excellent support all things considered and once again away to Barnet has been an absolute classic!

The Hive will make a brilliant away day in the playoffs and the away end with 2000 would be rocking 

5 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Special mention to big Mike obviously plus Norwood…the pair of them will terrorise defenders in this league.

Raglan and McGahey were superb and Kitch showed Freeman how to defend against width.

The one downside was poor old Freeman at RB who looked absolutely lost and he and Green just couldn’t cope with Barnet width and movement (although Green worked his bollocks off so I was a bit unfair with my earlier comment when Barnet got the penalty) Melon showed he knows what he is doing by making perfect substitutions and shutting down the Barnet threat

The Ref started well but the wheels came off after he decided to rewrite the rules and changed his mind about the (blatant) red card. 
And finally, a nice little cameo from Hope, he’s a great player to have in the squad.

Excellent support all things considered and once again away to Barnet has been an absolute classic!

The Hive will make a brilliant away day in the playoffs and the away end with 2000 would be rocking 

Are you back in love Ritchie? I thought you were spending some time away after Flyde. . 😉💙

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Are you back in love Ritchie? I thought you were spending some time away after Flyde. . 😉💙

haha, I did, barely kept an eye on the Eastleigh game and only made a last minute decision to go to Woking. We were excellent Saturday so thought it was worth another long drive to Barnet and boy was it worth it! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Charles or Eddie said:

Prime example tonight. 

It beggers belief. 

But it was the best performance in years. It's not even a debate.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Charles or Eddie said:

Prime example tonight. 

It beggers belief. 

If anyone had actually said either comment, you might have half a point. But they didn’t, and you don’t have. You’re therefore left looking a bit silly, aren’t you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tractors Passing Through said:

Nice to see one of our former players doing well.      Wasn't part of the managers plans towards the end and good to see the player can do a job for someone else.  

Still seems strange seeing Oldham in non-league.    Well done on tonight, a big win and get yourselves back into the football league soon as you can.     Do I have permission to start a one-off topic relating your club ?

I’ve got fond memories of Portman Road though you won’t thank me for explaining why - that great day in 1991 when we clinched promotion to the First Division. It was a lovely sunny day I seem to remember, in more ways than one!

Good luck this season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Freeman had his hands full with Kanu, who would cause problems to even the best EFL defenders.

In that context I'll cut him some slack.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 5