MATCH: Barnet (A) 22/11/23

Massive game tonight…will we get a Woking performance or a Fylde performance?

Absolutely crucial that we show the same determination we did on Saturday, dip a little and we will get stuffed and it’ll be back to square one.

Looks like we have only sold 150 or so which is shite but let’s see how many turn up on the day and more importantly if the team turns up 😀 (we took 267 midweek last year so surely this team and manager deserves at least the same if not more?!)

Wasn’t going to bother but enjoyed Saturday a lot so i’ll be there again tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Massive game tonight…will we get a Woking performance or a Fylde performance?

Absolutely crucial that we show the same determination we did on Saturday, dip a little and we will get stuffed and it’ll be back to square one.

Looks like we have only sold 150 or so which is shite but let’s see how many turn up on the day and more importantly if the team turns up 😀 (we took 267 midweek last year so surely this team and manager deserves at least the same if not more?!)

Wasn’t going to bother but enjoyed Saturday a lot so i’ll be there again tonight.

It is live on TNT Sports which could explain the low numbers...

Definitely a 'Yardstick' game this one - if we play like we did on Saturday then we should be competitive - interesting to see if Hogan comes back in or MM sticks with the team that finished against Woking.

If we were to look at these away 2 fixtures then I'd have happily took 3 points from them so it one sense I'm kind of thinking what we take tonight is a bonus. 

On the otherhand I'm thinking tonight is a chance to lay down a marker a good result will make the rest of the division take notice that we have our shit together and are serious about going up. Plus if we are serious about going up then we can't let the top 7 get away from us and we have to take something from this game a win will be big. But a point and a really good performance will do.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Incredibly specific question but anyone know a bar in Palma that would show it?

Not specifically, but there is fuck all else on today football-wise, so I expect anywhere with a PremierLeague/sports/tv vibe could be a goer.

18 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Incredibly specific question but anyone know a bar in Palma that would show it?

most probably will do if you ask them politely enough in broken enough Spanish!!

good luck

same team for me. part of me thinks start Green instead of Gardner but he was immense on saturday and MM probs doesnt have the same count on how many mins away from a thigh strain he is so...

I'm hoping we're less likely to a dip in the performance (see Fylde) given the quality of the opposition.

Wonder if we might see some rotation in the wide players given Ward just back from injury and Gardner needs managing,

Hope he sticks with the partnerships in defence and attack although there may be an argument for playing some variant of 451 tonight.

Looking forward to the game, hope we back up Saturday's performance.

8 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I'm hoping we're less likely to a dip in the performance (see Fylde) given the quality of the opposition.

Wonder if we might see some rotation in the wide players given Ward just back from injury and Gardner needs managing,

Hope he sticks with the partnerships in defence and attack although there may be an argument for playing some variant of 451 tonight.

Looking forward to the game, hope we back up Saturday's performance.

l feel we learn lessons under MM and would take a draw tonight but hopes are high for a win and a performance

19 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Posted earlier that I would stick with the same eleven that finished the game on Saturday. The only change I could envisage is bringing Hogan in at the back moving McGahey to midfield and leaving Green on the bench.

36 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Posted earlier that I would stick with the same eleven that finished the game on Saturday. The only change I could envisage is bringing Hogan in at the back moving McGahey to midfield and leaving Green on the bench.

I read that as the same XI that started on Saturday and thought , yes, novel. Especially if we can get away with it.

Barnet fan here, unfortunately we meet midweek where our thin home support is thinned out even more, but should be a good game. 

for those driving, don’t come to the club car park! Save the £8 and park on the numerous streets around .

• Bender changed the title to MATCH: Barnet (A) 22/11/23
  • Bender featured this topic