MATCH: Solihull Moors (A) 16/12/23

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Look at Norwood’s goals, vast majority in the 6 yard box, that’s his strength.

Oh definitely- it’s part of his game. But like you said, when he’s on it- He also does a LOT of other things. 

He’s the only player who you can’t pigeon hole, the rest tend to do one or two things well. He has several parts to his game that are a cut above. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Bit better than 1 in 2 - Norwood goal every 160 minutes.

Alex Reid every 95 minutes.

Joe Nuttall every 761 minutes.

Mike Fondop every 536 minutes

Kurt Willoughby not scored in 437 minutes

Josh Stones every 74 minutes.

With Reid out you can see why we brought Josh in.

*Based on minutes played in the League.

Interesting but what's Hallam Hopes record in a way he'd be an ideal partner for Norwood I.e. he'd do his running of the channels while Norwood plays the width of the penalty area.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Goal every 174 minutes

Green every 447

Interesting so if we are to base it purely on goals scored its

Stones*

Reid

Norwood

Hope

Fondop

Nuttall

Willoughby#

*sample size of less than 1 full appearance

# Hasn't scored in the league has bagged in the FA Trophy.

Still either way I have little or no concern about our forward department. Including those who haven't fired on all cylinders yet or the open frustrations of our talisman when other players don't do their jobs properly.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You'd have to to think Nuttall and Willoughby and probably Fondop come the end of season will be able to look for opportunities elsewhere, two of them have been expensive acquisitions who we seemingly chased for a number of months.

Nuttall and Willoughby are under contract until 2025.

I imagine Willoughby would be easy to move on if deemed surplus to requirements, Nuttall less so.

57 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Nuttall and Willoughby are under contract until 2025.

I imagine Willoughby would be easy to move on if deemed surplus to requirements, Nuttall less so.

I keep banging this drum but Nuttall scored 16 in this league last season. Willoughby a bit more but in the league below. Neither has done much this season. 

Maybe wages would be a stumbling block? But if Nuttall has a decent agent he should be able to get a move, possibly even to a lower league 2 club needing a striker. 

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I keep banging this drum but Nuttall scored 16 in this league last season. Willoughby a bit more but in the league below. Neither has done much this season. 

Maybe wages would be a stumbling block? But if Nuttall has a decent agent he should be able to get a move, possibly even to a lower league 2 club needing a striker. 

Not if they've read this forum  !!

47 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Personally if I was a fan of an L2 club and found out we were signing a 7th choice striker from a team in 10th from the league below I would be fairly sceptical.

On the flip side of that if I was a fan of a side near the bottom of this league who signed a striker who bagged 16 last term I'd be slightly more hopeful.

I wonder if Scunny will have him back on loan until the end of the season.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I think the wages probably will be a stumbling block, perhaps for both of them. Nuttall in particular as he seemed to take a fair bit of persuading to come here.

I still wonder, based on very little, if Mellon is trying to shock him into a reaction by freezing him out of the first team picture. He's 27 in January, if he's to have a career at this level, or higher, he needs to start producing consistently now whether that be here or somewhere else. 

People run this league down but I see plenty of hungry footballers of all ages trying desperately hard to succeed. If you haven't got desire and fitness as absolute basics you won't make it in even in the fifth tier.

I still think there's a player in there but it's very much up to him whether he makes it.  

7 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I think the wages probably will be a stumbling block, perhaps for both of them. Nuttall in particular as he seemed to take a fair bit of persuading to come here.

I still wonder, based on very little, if Mellon is trying to shock him into a reaction by freezing him out of the first team picture. He's 27 in January, if he's to have a career at this level, or higher, he needs to start producing consistently now whether that be here or somewhere else. 

People run this league down but I see plenty of hungry footballers of all ages trying desperately hard to succeed. If you haven't got desire and fitness as absolute basics you won't make it in even in the fifth tier.

I still think there's a player in there but it's very much up to him whether he makes it.  

He's showed bits of skill sporadically but seems to lack the desire to be a professional footballer.

He just goes through the motions in my opinion ( bit like I used to ! 😄 ).

16 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He's showed bits of skill sporadically but seems to lack the desire to be a professional footballer.

He just goes through the motions in my opinion ( bit like I used to ! 😄 ).

I suspect you're right, it's certainly my view. Some people can change, come can't. He's faced right now with a career in downward trajectory unless he bucks up. I guess if he reappears in a matchday squad it means there's been a change in attitude (or an injury crisis). Like Matt said on the podcast, I want Oldham players to succeed so let's hope he can turn it round.

• Like 1

• Bender unfeatured this topic