MATCH: Solihull Moors (A) 16/12/23

Good effort all things considered, in two minds myself but unsure I want to part with a couple of ton this side of Christmas  only to get there and the team just role over and have their bellies tickled, on the flip side we seem to manage to perform a little better away recently and Mellons record away from BP is very impressive if you take the Fylde game away.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Good effort all things considered, in two minds myself but unsure I want to part with a couple of ton this side of Christmas  only to get there and the team just role over and have their bellies tickled, on the flip side we seem to manage to perform a little better away recently and Mellons record away from BP is very impressive if you take the Fylde game away.

We do seem more comfortable in our setup away from home. Teams tend to come at us more which allows us to counterattack.

Hoping for another victory on the road.

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Agreed- I think we mentioned it midweek, I fancy us tmora. Only then to get shafted by Gateshead at home. 

1 hour ago, ceskylatic said:

Maybe in for Green who’s injured.

Great to see. Without putting too much pressure on the lad there really isn't that big a step up for some of these kids as Mickleover showed last weekend.

If we have current members of the squad who don't want it or don't show the necessary desire then replace them with kids, at least they'll show hunger and passion - that's sadly missing in the current bunch, if one or two come off for us then great the pathway and opportunity has to exist. I'd love to see Sutton developing at centrehalf instead of persevering with players who I feel are no better than him.

I hope Mellon doesn't fall in to the trap of picking players he thinks he can trust week in week out only for them to make him look stupid when they go out on the pitch, I've not seen a great deal of Moore but he looked one of the best players on the pitch away at Chorley pre season, I hope he gets and takes his chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Great to see. Without putting too much pressure on the lad there really isn't that big a step up for some of these kids as Mickleover showed last weekend.

If we have current members of the squad who don't want it or don't show the necessary desire then replace them with kids, at least they'll show hunger and passion - that's sadly missing in the current bunch, if one or two come off for us then great the pathway and opportunity has to exist. I'd love to see Sutton developing at centrehalf instead of persevering with players who I feel are no better than him.

I hope Mellon doesn't fall in to the trap of picking players he thinks he can trust week in week out only for them to make him look stupid when they go out on the pitch, I've not seen a great deal of Moore but he looked one of the best players on the pitch away at Chorley pre season, I hope he gets and takes his chance.

Totally agree. 

After the last two games, I’d love him to start tomorrow and show the older pros what 90 minutes of commitment looks like. 

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Apparently the lad from Oldham who has been missing for 6 years and turned up on a road in the pyrenees, his first question was are Latics still shit. 

And they said "sit down lad I've got some bad news for you, they're even shitter"!!!

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

What position did Moore play at Chorley?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

What position did Moore play at Chorley?

He didn't 🙈

It was Hyde away I think and he played wide right. I'd say he was more of a winger than a fullback/wingback, pacey and not too dissimilar to Green, he was involved in most of our better play that day.