MATCH: Gateshead (H) 23/12/23 🎄

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

He'd have scored an hat trick if on Gateheads team, some brilliant slick through passes from their 8 and 11.

I know, and he’s dragging us through games. Yet people will blame him. He literally is a finisher, someone needs to create chances for him and he will score. Unfortunately we have no creative players on the middle, and a centre back proving width on the right. Kitching is good but is easily isolated onto his right peg. But Norwood is the issue… 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

I know, and he’s dragging us through games. Yet people will blame him. He literally is a finisher, someone needs to create chances for him and he will score. Unfortunately we have no creative players on the middle, and a centre back proving width on the right. Kitching is good but is easily isolated onto his right peg. But Norwood is the issue… 

8 in his last 10 now isn't it?

He's the least of our worries 

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Our squad was the envy of the league not long ago, all we needed to do was change the manager and lift off would commence.

Not sure who envied us, but it turns out the players are shit as was the manager...saying it was just the manager was a wrong opinion.

Do you need the admission?

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

I said our midfield, Hogan and Sutton were poor and I wish we played like Gateshead. 

You are just delusional. Sheron had a good half a game of football last week. Back to being over run by Callum Fucking Whelan this week, so well done for supporting him. 

The other two were just as shit. But McGahey is a centre back. 

😂😂😂

Nah, you said a kid playing his first twenty minutes of professional football will never make it. Embarrassing comment. 

You said you’d love to play like Gateshead, but unfortunately our fans just like runners-  yet one of those ‘runners’ won us the game last week, playing some lovely football, so you completely contradicted your own point, but I think that’s gone over head. 

You want everyone to get off Norwood’s back and just enjoy him, but then constantly slate other players. One being a young kid playing his first game. Again, I think the hypocrisy has gone over your head. 

The whole team was shit, again. Not just Sheron, or a young kid playing his first game.  The whole team was miles off. 

I’ll leave it there. 

Merry Christmas. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I've got ask - when has he dragged us through any game?

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We've got the best guy we could get apparently, five promotions and all that, you never know, we might get it right one day.

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Our squad was the envy of the league not long ago, all we needed to do was change the manager and lift off would commence.

Didn’t here from you after Solihull? 

Do you only enjoy the losses? 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 1

Mellon of course gets time from me, inheriting this squad of nobodies but he takes some criticism from me today for the 1st time. The subs were strange and made us worse, and we still finished the game with 5 central defenders in a 2-1 loss at home and were sat defending deep in injury time, whilst Hope and Willoughby are still sat on the bench. I’m not saying either of those are world beaters but after 80 mins we’d completely ran out of ideas and it needed changing somehow. Baffling. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

Nah, you said a kid playing his first twenty minutes of professional football will never make it. Embarrassing comment. 

You said you’d love to play like Gateshead, but unfortunately our fans just like runners-  yet one of those ‘runners’ won us the game last week, playing some lovely football, so you completely contradicted your own point, but I think that’s gone over head. 

You want everyone to get off Norwood’s back and just enjoy him, but then constantly slate other players. One being a young kid playing his first game. Again, I think the hypocrisy has gone over your head. 

The whole team was shit, again. Not just Sheron, or a young kid playing his first game.  The whole team was miles off. 

I’ll leave it there. 

Merry Christmas. 

Remember how some of our fans got on Whelans back when he was here. Well he's found a team which suits his style of play. 

Edited by BP1960

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

I’ll leave it there. 

Merry Christmas. 

Hand on heart, one of the worst debuts I’ve seen from a player. He couldn’t control the thing. 

Sheron, Hogan, Sutton all hopeless. McGahey tried but isn't really a midfielder. Moore looked completely out of his depth. 

Stones worked hard first half, and Norwood did what he does. Lundstram at least shows for the ball, has some technically ability, and tries things - was surprised he was taken off (unless he was injured).

Not a chance of promotion with a midfield three of Lundstram, Sheron and McGahey, I'm afraid... 

Credit to Gateshead though - they were good and fully deserved to win. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Mellon of course gets time from me, inheriting this squad of nobodies but he takes some criticism from me today for the 1st time. The subs were strange and made us worse, and we still finished the game with 5 central defenders in a 2-1 loss at home and were sat defending deep in injury time, whilst Hope and Willoughby are still sat on the bench. I’m not saying either of those are world beaters but after 80 mins we’d completely ran out of ideas and it needed changing somehow. Baffling. 

Poor coaching  though not to have set up a team to close down their number 8. It was obvious in the first 15 minutes he was going to have the freedom of the park and cause a lot of problems.

McGahey and Sheron were never anywhere near him.

I think we are easily pleased tbh. I’ve slagged Sheron off for the last two years and after he bagged a brace last week I claimed he was the next De Bruyne.

We need to face facts. We have less than a handful of players who can contribute to a promotion winning side. That’s it. Massively imbalanced, uninterested players throughout, just shite. 

Having said all that, genuinely, if we get two wingers and a centre midfielder that can dictate games, even with our limitations we will piss the playoffs.

And to those slagging Norwood. Fucking hell. Let’s bring back Paul Warne yeah?