MATCH: Gateshead (H) 23/12/23 πŸŽ„

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

we don't

I agree. We need to get into the playoffs. Β Mellon, while moving us forward, has now assessed the squad he inherited. I expect he now has a idea of which players he can work with and positions he would like to strengthen in the new year to achieve the playoffs. That’s the target, and I’m hoping we hit it running.Β 
Mellon is doing fine and has just the experience needed to manoeuvre us into position calmly. Never forgetting it’s football.Β 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Will the awful weather and late Chritmas shopping have much impact on the attendance today?

Β 

Absolutely it will, probably be the lowest league attendance of the season the weeks before Christmas are always the worst for attendances.

Β 

This also has a typical Latics 0-1 home defeat written all over it.

16 hours ago, True Tic said:

We need to winΒ 

Β 

8 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

we don't

Β 

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We absolutely do…. we cannot continue dropping points at home if we want a playoff spot!

Β 

2 hours ago, True Tic said:

We do

(could go on a while this πŸ˜‚)

Β 

We don't!

Β 

We are not in must win territory yet. But at some point if we are to go and challenge for promotion then we are goingΒ to need to put together a string of results which sees us top the form league (like 5-8 wins on the bounce) that will push us up into and cement ourselves in that top 7 group of clubs and could push us further if we really do it well.

Β 

Promotion chasing sides usually do that and are capable of that. While peaking at the right time will be important we don't want to leave our charge to the line too late.

Edited by GlossopLatic