MATCH: Dorking Wanderers (A) 06/01/24

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ll make the playoffs but this team without a few quality additions will not win them.

That 2nd half was as bad as I’ve seen in recent times…awful!

Weren’t  you one of the seasons over already lads ? 

Same old miserable cunts on here moaning again ? Sometimes the opposition are just better on the day. We could/should have scored a couple more first half. The effort and desire was there throughout. We are in the playoff spots now and WILL stay there too. We now have a proper manager who knows what he’s doing. Get over yourselves and enjoy the wins you set of morbid fucks 😘 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ll make the playoffs but this team without a few quality additions will not win them.

That 2nd half was as bad as I’ve seen in recent times…awful!

I know!! Making the playoffs after starting the season with 1 win 10 is pathetic . . . !! 😁

• Like 7

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Piss off David… I made the 5pm name up. Stop trying to steal my thunder ffs 😉 

But he can still be called Teatime when he gets his sixth. Yours has limited shelf life...😁

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's what he is there for, to prevent the ball going into the net as the last line of defence. How many times have Latics been on the end of a defeat to a team playing badly and a 'keeper playing out of his skin? I've seen it quite a few times in my many years.

Indeed, he’s a member of our team. I don’t know why some people think it’s “lucky” to have a good keeper. If we score a great goal is it “lucky” because we’ve got a good outfield player? 

2 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Indeed, he’s a member of our team. I don’t know why some people think it’s “lucky” to have a good keeper. If we score a great goal is it “lucky” because we’ve got a good outfield player? 

Neither. It’s a fucking disgrace or bloody awful or summat along those lines. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Dorking should be fucking furious then...couldn't beat shitty little unsworthesque(5 away wins on the bounce) Oldham

If I were them after that second half, I'd be asking myself how the fook did we lose that one???

We got out of there by the skin of our teeth

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

A disgrace ? Really ? Not just the other team being better ? 

a disgrace would suggest no effort from the players ?? 

fuckinghell 🙄🙄🙄

Some people just like the hyperbole.

It sounds like it wasn't a great performance but I'd rather be a team who steals wins than be gallant losers.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

It sounds like it wasn't a great performance but I'd rather be a team who steals wins than be gallant losers.

This weve been Gallandlt losers far to often over the last 30 years if winning ugly gets us up the leagues im all for it 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Same old miserable cunts on here moaning again ? Sometimes the opposition are just better on the day. We could/should have scored a couple more first half. The effort and desire was there throughout. We are in the playoff spots now and WILL stay there too. We now have a proper manager who knows what he’s doing. Get over yourselves and enjoy the wins you set of morbid fucks 😘 

🤣 🤣 🤣

I'll call Barlow's on Monday, our time is up!

5 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It's called fair comment 

To describe it as a "disgrace" or an an "embarrassment" when we've won the game away from home is hyperbolic its not a rational point of view. Getting beat 4-0 would have been a disgrace.

A 1-0 win even if we were second best for a long period of the game will never be a disgrace unless we are playing the craggy island priest's over 65's 5 a side team.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We were the better team first half imo and they had the second half. All our players put their bodies on the line. I enjoyed that. 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If it's hyperbole let's see what the manager says about it, feckin hell on here if you pass an honest opinion your morbid, negative and clueless.

We were shit, nobody is knocking the fact we've found a way to pick up points despite being comprehensively outplayed but I'd rather we signed a couple of footballers in the Stones mould who can make the difference. 

• Like 3

We were the better team first half imo and they had the second half. All our players put their bodies on the line. I enjoyed that. 

We were better first 25 or 30 minutes and second best by a long shot the last hour.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

If it's hyperbole let's see what the manager says about it, feckin hell on here if you pass an honest opinion your morbid, negative and clueless.

We were shit, nobody is knocking the fact we've found a way to pick up points despite being comprehensively outplayed but I'd rather we signed a couple of footballers in the Stones mould who can make the difference. 

Bet he doesn’t use the words ‘pathetic’ or ‘disgraceful’ once. 

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Bet he doesn’t use the words ‘pathetic’ or ‘disgraceful’ once. 

No he's a good talker so he'll say the right things but he knows that's a million miles away.

45 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

I cannot believe the negativity in this thread, MM is getting the most out of this squad instilling a resillience and finding a way to win 👏

You put exactly what I would have said.

Ignore the negative comments, most are to wind people up and the ones that genuinely slag off don't really understand football.

The team is definitely starting to become hard to beat away from home even when not playing well, that is how it should be done and applauded. 

Let's face it the vast majority of fans will take this result for every away game, knowing full well it won't be like this for every away game.

Obviously, the points are the most important thing and I’m more than happy in that respect, however, you surely can’t be happy with that 2nd half performance.

I’m sorry I’m not a win at all costs lad, I will praise a good performance but will criticise a poor one and was a poor one!

I do like to see a bit of football along the way but we were wacking it upfield at every available opportunity. We just couldn’t pass the ball at all and there was no composure whatsoever right through the team.

I have no idea how a professional football club can put in a performance like that against a part time set up. I would be more than a little pissed off if I had travelled 230 miles to watch that!

MM will obviously be bringing players in and until that happens he’ll be looking to just stay in the mix. I get that but it doesn’t alter the fact that we were so so bad. It will take more than 1 or 2 additions to turn this lot in to play off winners!

• Like 1