MATCH: Hendon (H) 13/01/24

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Perspective desperately needed. Yes, today’s result and performance was poor. But our last 5 league results are WLWWW.

It was a cup game, three matches from Wembley and half our team bottled it, if you want to talk perspective we've been given the runaround by two teams at least 2 levels lower and deserved nothing from either, oh and we are one win at home since September. We better finish 7th in the League to guarantee away games as we are clueless  and a pushover at fortress  BP.

4 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Absolute gutless, Mcgahey, Hope Willoughby, Gardner, Ward, Suttton absolute cowards.

really annoyed that performance played a 7th tier side who imposed themselves on us. 

l thought Hope and Will put the effort in but yeah 🤬

8 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Absolute gutless, Mcgahey, Hope Willoughby, Gardner, Ward, Suttton absolute cowards.

really annoyed that performance played a 7th tier side who imposed themselves on us. 

You  can't blame Sutton having to play right back when he's a better centre back than the rest and will play in a higher division than Oldham in the future.

PS you forgot Raglan who never won anything and played at a snails  pace and Hogan who was placed in exactly the same dilemma as Sutton by the manager.

Doubt if Nornan will play another game either.

Add Tollit, Shelton and Nuttall and we are really in a bad way 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

Hendon official on the coach home and as a small financially strapped club obviously delighted. But all of us thought everyone connected to Oldham Athletic were simply brilliant.  Boardroom, stewards, fire officers and your fans wanting to shake hands and say well done at the end we’re an absolute credit to your club.  Good luck for the rest of the season 

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It was a cup game, three matches from Wembley and half our team bottled it, if you want to talk perspective we've been given the runaround by two teams at least 2 levels lower and deserved nothing from either, oh and we are one win at home since September. We better finish 7th in the League to guarantee away games as we are clueless  and a pushover at fortress  BP.

'given the run around' is stretchin it but yeah 🤬

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You  can't blame Sutton having to play right back when he's a better centre back than the rest and will play in a higher division than Oldham in the future.

PS you forgot Raglan who never won anything and played at a snails  pace and Hogan who was placed in exactly the same dilemma as Sutton by the manager.

You can blame him for his absolutely abysmal defending when mistiming a jump for a header prior to their first. Woeful defending. 

• Like 1

Just now, BP1960 said:

Mcghahey and Raglan second half was as bad as I've seen in a long time, ably assisted by Hogan and Sutton on each flank, absolute horror show that and that's before you even mention Magnus 'I don't want to be a footballer no more' Norman.

1 minute ago, adamoafc said:

You can blame him for his absolutely abysmal defending when mistiming a jump for a header prior to their first. Woeful defending. 

To be fair once he committed he was never going to head that which is now a feature of his game, one ball beats all.

Imagine blaming Mellon for his team selection here?

That starting XI should still have been enough to brush a team like Hendon aside. And it was Mellon’s way of saying “if you believe you should be in a matchday squad, or better still the starting XI”, show me what you can do. 

And the bottleless gets fucked it up (and Norman obvs).

As for the whole 352 vs 433/442 argument, the problem we have is Kitching is only decent as a wing back. He’s largely nullified, and exposed, as a plain and simple full back. 
And as for the right hand side, we have neither. 

Bring a RB, ST (and being greedy a RW) next week, I’ll remain confident of top 7. But I agree with @yarddog73, I’d rather finish 7th and try and beat Altrincham and Barney away before winning at Wembley 👍 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I know you were a scout so your opinion is more informed than mine, but if you think Sutton is better than Hobson, you need your head testing bud.

Edited by sjk2008
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

I know you were a scout so your opinion is more informed than mine, but if you think Sutton is better than Hobson, you need your head testing bud.

We wouldn't know if Sutton has developed at centrehalf as he hasn't even played one minute there for a number of months, I agree with BP though, he's the most likely to play further up the pyramid, Hobson does give away the odd goal through lack of concentration, I like him though he's a tremendous defender of the ball, particularly one on one.

Norwood was stood in front of me (and others of course) after the match picking up his sponsors man of the match and I can tell you he was gutted so much so the compere said he would let James off the hook for giving a summary of the game because he knew he had to be careful what he might say.

I would guess today was a low point in his career as well as ours as supporters.

Just now, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Norwood was stood in front of me (and others of course) after the match picking up his sponsors man of the match and I can tell you he was gutted so much so the compere said he would let James off the hook for giving a summary of the game because he knew he had to be careful what he might say.

I would guess today was a low point in his career as well as ours as supporters.

He had to watch the shite as well for 70 minutes.

I am really struggling with Sutton. He got absolute sold against Rochdale by Campbell. Norwood had to play right back that game to cover. Balls over the head can’t judge a bounce same as today costing us the first. 

anyone with pace destroys him right back has been a problem for the last 18 months 

Just now, BradKnowles1 said:

I am really struggling with Sutton. He got absolute sold against Rochdale by Campbell. Norwood had to play right back that game to cover. Balls over the head can’t judge a bounce same as today costing us the first. 

anyone with pace destroys him right back has been a problem for the last 18 months 

Hogan at left back was worse and Raglan and McGahey much worse than Sutton would be in their positions.

A proper right back with Kitching left back alongside Hobson and Sutton would be the answer.

How ironic would it be if Tuesdays game was called due  to -3 temperatures and MM could have played his strongest team against Hendon today.

The weather forecast predicted this a week ago.