MATCH: Hendon (H) 13/01/24

12 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I think that’s the thing. We’ve got a big squad that costs quite a lot of money, but beyond about 14 of them the rest add nil (if not less).  That what MM has inherited and will have to sort. As we’ve seen, getting rid of the surplus is going to be very difficult, slow and expensive. 

Get rid even if it means Frank digging deep.

1 minute ago, doctor evil said:

Worse than the result was the actual quality of the game so think yourselves lucky if you've dodged this one 😂

Part timers and looked far sharper than us.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Can we stop posting nonsense like - get rid now. 

No club just pays up contracts because they aren’t performing, you have to have a buyer or honour the contract. Some are out of contact in the summer. Others will be here a long time yet- if no one comes in for them. 

I’ll rephrase that- you might be able to pay up one or two- but not 6 or 7 it would cost an absolute fortune. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No club just pays up contracts because they aren’t performing, you have to have a buyer or honour the contract. Some are out of contact in the summer. Others will be here a long time yet- if no one comes in for them. 

Chill out ffs!!….it’s just frustration immediately after the game.

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No. 😁

• Like 1

No one can say Willoughby hasn’t had a chance now. Absolute disaster for him today, he was appallingly bad. 

What a massive disappointment Lundstram is turning out to be also, something doesn’t quite seem right with him. 

Just now, daniel said:

No one can say Willoughby hasn’t had a chance now. Absolute disaster for him today, he was appallingly bad. 

What a massive disappointment Lundstram is turning out to be also, something doesn’t quite seem right with him. 

Dumb and Dumber probably thought they'd signed Conn Clarke...

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Let them steal a living you mean? Plus Shelton and  Nuttall can't even get in this worst squad of all time!!

I’m angry about today so in the heat of moment - I’m going to say things that don’t make sense or will never happen. 

Sack them all. 

Dig deep Frank - this lot need to go. 

We need to release half this squad. 

Christ- yes it’s an awful result. . which no one will care about next week. Take it on the chin and move on. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

That result is on Mellon. 

No, got to disagree. He has clearly said league is the priority and we have a squad who should easily be capable of beating and controlling Hendon from the start. No way should the likes of Norwood be anywhere near playing in games like this, especially when we have a league game on Tuesday. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Get rid even if it means Frank digging deep.

You’re very free with other people’s money, BP!

It’s a massively disappointing defeat, no question, a huge embarrassment. At least now we can concentrate on the league. One of my mates is a lifelong Wolves fan and their absolute nadir was losing to Chorley in the FA Cup. I think Wolves were in the fourth tier maybe at the time and possibly still being mis-managed by the Bhatti brothers. Eventually they started on the road to recovery. It will take Frank & co more than half a season to undo the damage done by our Chuckle brothers. Keep the faith.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂😂

You can understand angry reactions immediately after a game. No excuses, there were nearly 3k there apparently and they deserved so much better. 
I think that performance will have confirmed the future of a fair few of those players!

• Like 1