On this day......

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

10 years ago today Oldham Athletic 5 Peterborough 4.

Probably one of the best sporting comebacks I've witnessed. Nearly left at half time as well. 

Fantastic. I used to sit next to a bloke who brought his grandson who was about 10. At half time he said to me 'we can still win this you know'.

Being the miserable, hope bashing sod that I am, I pointed out I had watched Latics for 40years and never seen them win from 3 down. As we left at the end he gave me a pitying look that said, 'you know nothing you'.

• Like 3

Remember us coming out with a bit of fight second half, getting a goal back early and then Jonathan Grounds (?) throwing the ball straight to their striker to make it 4-1 🤦‍♂️ incredible that we came back from there

Also can't believe it's a decade ago!

Just watching it back and that made it 4-2. Also Gary Harkins would've only been 28 in that game!

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

44 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Such a shame we didn't have Gary Harkins for longer than we did he was a proper cult hero looked like the type of  bloke you literally dragged out the pub at 5 to 3 but he could properly play.

Hip flasks for shin pads 😂

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hip flasks for shin pads 😂

Yeah you expected to see him pull one out of his socks half way through the game and during a drinks breaks he'd light a fag while leaning agsinst the goal post.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Walked in late at 2-0 down... Walked straight back out with some others on their way out when I realised the score. Started a thread on here about how shit we were. Obviously aged well.

Good celebrations in a packed White Hart though. Absolutely loads had left thinking we were done and dusted.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Still have him as my avatar, taken from this. What a player and Zidane weren't too shabby either.

86869-mogwai-zidane.jpg.82a0a23408b429a3cade2bcac60ee46f.jpg

He was great, could stroll around doing nowt for 89 minutes then pull a bit of brilliance out of nowhere, i love players like that. A bit like Zidane actually 

I'd never clocked that's what your profile photo was. Loved the soundtrack

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Didn't Harkins go back to Scottish football after us? Credit to Johnson he had an eye for a player. 

We loaned him from St Mirren. He played for about 10 other clubs up there after going back.

9 hours ago, LaticMark said:

On this day . . .

Sunday 27 January 2013 - FA Cup 4th Round - Latics v Liverpool at Boundary Park:

"Matt Smith - Remember the name"

Hatrick for Salford today to commemorate