MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 13/02/24

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The weather forecast shows that it’s going to be persistently raining throughout the game tonight - let’s hope that the pitch survived the rugby boys and is still in reasonable nick.

I will be forking out £9.50 of our English pounds for a single camera feed of the match on NLTV - here’s hoping that I get my money’s worth 🤞

I went to the rugby and the pitch looks in great condition.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mick26 said:

Played 2 different teams for 45 mins against United u21s behind closed doors and both Atherton and Doro did well according to MM pre-match interview.

I'm loathe to read too much into it but, I can't help myself! Reference in the article on the official that a couple of players have niggles and might be missing tonight. Might we see Atherton and Doro feature in the first team squad over the next three weeks given we're playing six games (weather permitting)?

3 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I'm loathe to read too much into it but, I can't help myself! Reference in the article on the official that a couple of players have niggles and might be missing tonight. Might we see Atherton and Doro feature in the first team squad over the next three weeks given we're playing six games (weather permitting)?

Youth team had a game v Preston at lunchtime today.  Wonder if they featured?  

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The pitch cost 1 million pounds of the Oldham Council taxpayers money. It should be able to cope with rain and rugby...

Holding up well, infact its scheduled to have 4 games played on it within 3 days next month. Not a bad pitch for less than the cost of a pint at Weatherspoons each is it, eh

Remember how good both teams were when the rugby played games here in the 80's .....and there was the short lived American football as well.  I imagine the price of the new surface incorporates the technology that will help it withstand the toil put on it by the 2 codes. Mind, the amount of 'Wimbledon' style hoofball played  against Woking wont trouble the surface.

Yet another 'easy' looking home game tonight , time to win one and win it well.

9 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Few people saying Atherton could be starting tonight. Dobo left wing back could be involved depending on Kitching potentially injured. 

Huge issue if Kitching is injured. He’s been out of form last couple of games which correlates with our bad performances. Worrying. 

50 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

O’Dea was watching the youth team and said he was not involved today. 

Atherton played for the first team away to Manchester United under 21s at the weekend and scored in a 3-1 win.

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Huge issue if Kitching is injured. He’s been out of form last couple of games which correlates with our bad performances. Worrying. 

Seen Doro, he's a real prospect, very strong and quick, more of a wing back I'd say who loves to bomb forward.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Seen Doro, he's a real prospect, very strong and quick, more of a wing back I'd say who loves to bomb forward.

Sounds promising. I doubt MM will start both Atherton and Doro in the same game, which leaves me worried about seeing Hogan left back in a back 4. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Sounds promising. I doubt MM will start both Atherton and Doro in the same game, which leaves me worried about seeing Hogan left back in a back 4. 

Hope its not all 5 centre backs sitting deep with 2 defensive midfielders in front of them.

22 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I'd be surprised if Atherton started ahead of Walker, Green and Hope. Would have thought the bench is a good place to start a young player, we can bring him on against a tiring Wood when we're 3-0 up.

Could be right, Atherton and Doro on the bench.

Personally I'd start Atherton on the right and Walker on the left to run their defenders ragged early doors.

Green can do it, but isn't as aggressive as Atherton.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Could be right, Atherton and Doro on the bench.

Personally I'd start Atherton on the right and Walker on the left to run their defenders ragged early doors.

Green can do it, but isn't as aggressive as Atherton.

And Green is shite. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I hope he’s not injured he’s our best outlet. Did receive a message saying surprises tonight regarding the line up. 

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I dont need help, he questions my every post as if to prove me wrong, hence I don't read his posts. So I may have got the wrong end of the stick with you. 

Apologies if so.

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

You came across as saying if a player was playing in the North West Counties league that's his level.

Exactly the same was said about James Berry.

Have you actually seen the youth in question  play? if so please please post your thoughts.

He's off again. Arguing with someone who didn't even reply to him then having a pop at someone else who hadn't either. Fantastic.

BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THEM PLAY!?!?!

• Like 1