MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 13/02/24

32 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Looks like atherton has been training with the first team 

It's nothing new. Several members of the youth team frequently work with the seniors to help (or hinder!) Their development, despite what some may believe to the contrary 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Looks like atherton has been training with the first team 

I wonder why he's not been sent out on loan. Nothing wrong with finding out how youths cut it up against their elders at any level. It's found out plenty.

2 hours ago, Boyyou said:

It's nothing new. Several members of the youth team frequently work with the seniors to help (or hinder!) Their development, despite what some may believe to the contrary 

Several have been training with the first team, but Atherton is now very close to a debut.

I'd like to see him start on the right wing and Walker on the left to have good run at the Boreham Wood defence from the off.

They won't be prepared for it.

The big concern is who's going to pass the ball to them, it's no use lumping it in the air.

Alfie is on the right of today's main photo with the David Luiz style hair.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/

Edited by BP1960

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I wonder why he's not been sent out on loan. Nothing wrong with finding out how youths cut it up against their elders at any level. It's found out plenty.

l think he did but it was far too easy for him. may aswell stay here and get in our team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Sorry, it was Burscough, not Padiham. They're in the NW Counties so you're looking around Chaddy FC level...

Doesn't mean the slightest to me about the level they play.

Didn't you mention the same about James Berry? and I keep saying if that have the ability and desire they can go higher.

I've recommended several from when I watched them play in Sunday League teams like Lee Trundle,Tony Naylor and Tony Ellis who years later went on to star in the Championship.

Chris Waddle was playing for a North East non league club when I spotted him.

I have a vision when scouting of where they could be in two years time, not where they are now.

Edited by BP1960

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Doesn't mean the slightest to me about the level they play.

Didn't you mention the same about James Berry? and I keep saying if that have they ability and desire they can go higher.

I've recommended several from when I watched them play in Sunday League teams like Lee Trundle,Tony Naylor and Tony Ellis who years later went on to star in the Championship.

Chris Waddle was playing for a North East non league club when I spotted him.

I have a vision when scouting of where they could be in two years time, not where they are now.

What you going on about? I was answering a question from Dave Og...

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What you going on about? I was answering a question from Dave Og...

You came across as saying if a player was playing in the North West Counties league that's his level.

Exactly the same was said about James Berry.

Have you actually seen the youth in question  play? if so please please post your thoughts.

Edited by BP1960

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You came across as saying if a player was playing in the North West Counties league that's his level.

Exactly the same was said about James Berry.

Have you actually seen the youth in question  play? if so please please post your thoughts.

You need help, my friend. Dave Og asked what level it was and I answered his question...

I dont need help, he questions my every post as if to prove me wrong, hence I don't read his posts. So I may have got the wrong end of the stick with you. 

Apologies if so.

Edited by BP1960

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I dont need help, he questions my every post as if to prove me wrong, hence I don't read his posts. So I may have got the wrong end of the stick with you. 

Apologies if so.

If that's aimed at me I've made a point of not responding to a single one of your posts (bar one where you specifically tagged me) since the last time you threw a hissy fit.  Life's too short.

• Like 2

It's almost like a 16 match mini season from here on in. Build on this platform, look to improve, play well and win over the course of the next two months and get as high up as we possibly can in the league table to bag the best possible spot in the play offs. Really hope we can go on a good run after the disappointing start to the calendar year and go into the play offs in good form as a feared opponent for all the rest.

I don't think we've beaten Boreham Wood since we dropped into the National League, they're pretty much everything we find to hard to beat in this league, tonight would be the prefect time to find the winning formula and put this lot to bed.

Good to be welcoming back Hogan tonight, think we missed his leadership during his suspension.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I wouldn’t say this is a must win, but we really could do with the 3 points to get back on track. 

I agree. Don’t like the phrase “must win” as games rarely are! But I think us fans and the players/coaches could really do with a win tonight just to get us all feeling positive again. 

• Like 2

The weather forecast shows that it’s going to be persistently raining throughout the game tonight - let’s hope that the pitch survived the rugby boys and is still in reasonable nick.

I will be forking out £9.50 of our English pounds for a single camera feed of the match on NLTV - here’s hoping that I get my money’s worth 🤞

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The weather forecast shows that it’s going to be persistently raining throughout the game tonight - let’s hope that the pitch survived the rugby boys and is still in reasonable nick.

I will be forking out £9.50 of our English pounds for a single camera feed of the match on NLTV - here’s hoping that I get my money’s worth 🤞

The pitch cost 1 million pounds of the Oldham Council taxpayers money. It should be able to cope with rain and rugby...

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The pitch cost 1 million pounds of the Oldham Council taxpayers money. It should be able to cope with rain and rugby...

Did it? You’ve not mentioned it.