MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 13/02/24

13 hours ago, josh_latics said:

It definitely is. 

10 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

no. nae. he would never change his username.

12 hours ago, jsslatic said:

Yep. Some tell tale signs.

We just need to hear stories about blokes he met in the pub, not sure why anyone would form their world view based on a bloke they once met in the pub.

I also always imagined Wiseowl was the type of bloke who had a mail order bride. Don't know why he just gave off a certain vibe.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Rumour has it he has a whole room at home dedicated to David Dunn (think Alan Partridge’s number 1 fan). Unfortunately, somebody said he’s not been in there recently because he’s been in his garage burning effigies of 5PM. 

You been spying on me again?!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Your opinions on Mellon are bizarre. 

A multiple promotion/title winning manager in the lower leagues, yet because he doesn’t play 442 you harp on about the Kewell days.

I agree those games were entertaining (80+ goals in a season was it?), but we also conceded 70+ didn’t we? 

Give me pragmatism and 3 points every day of the week.

And please please please, stop harping on as though there’s no hope unless we adopt a 442 formation. Jesus.

I won't stop my opinions because you say so.

I was right about Berry a player from the 8th tier and even Mellon now recognises Atherton is a major  talent, albeit he starts players from other clubs.

Just because they are from the EPL and EFL clubs doesn't guarantee they can hack it in senior football.

I've been telling everyone for a couple of seasone we should sign a direct attacking central midfielder  instead we see a turgid defensive midfielder set up.

I'll continue to push for that whether I'm criticised or not.

When you have actually seen players I've recommended let me know. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

We just need to hear stories about blokes he met in the pub, not sure why anyone would form their world view based on a bloke they once met in the pub.

I also always imagined Wiseowl was the type of bloke who had a mail order bride. Don't know why he just gave off a certain vibe.

Imagine how many he’s met in Spanish bars ! He we be a la liga expert now!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pidge said:

I predict you are heading for a blocking!

I try to resist replying to his every post, but they are irritating, sometimes I can’t resist! 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I try not to respond to the same posters, but honestly there's so much unconstructive nonsense posted it's hard not to respond. Criticising Mellon because previous managerial failures we've had might hypothetically have done better with completely different squads they had in a division above 🤦‍♂️

Criticising the team for scoring from CROSSES ffs

It's no wonder we've been mediocre for so long is it. Can't win

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

It's the 442 movement innit.

They are funded by the sale of "James Berry told you so" Tshirts and "youth is the way" propaganda..

I'd bet you'd never seen the players mentioned before I did. 

Reply yes or no.

On 2/16/2024 at 12:51 PM, Bobledgersheart said:

Were you happy in Spain ?

???  What's that got to do with Latics currently being a poor side, Bob? 

Or is it more that, if you dare to express a view that might differ from yours, the immediate "go to" from some is to ridicule? Glad to say, I have a little bit more about me than that.

20 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I do find it a bit odd that you can be so adamant about the standard of the league, of our squad, whether money has been invested wisely or not and whether not getting promoted would be failure or not all off the back of watching only 3 games.

I`ve always caveated my views "what I`ve seen" i.e. 5 hours of footballing dross so far! My nephew says it's been pretty much the same at home for a long time. I also played at NPL level with Witton Albion and the Latics (team) remind me very much of that level. Everything else seems geared up for success, ground, fans etc. I hope it clicks into place on the pitch but I have yet to see it.

It's my opinion, NZ. Ss I`ve said before you appear to be an eternal optimist. Good on you. We are not all the same. Some people say what they see, although I realise it's not the fashion anymore.

Edited by spanishfly

5 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

I`ve always caveated my views regarding "what I`ve seen". I also played at NPL level with Witton Albion and the Latics (team) remind me very much of that level. Everything else is geared up for success, ground, fans etc.

The "ridicule" as you put it, is not personal, it's more the way you stated your views as being the absolute. If you have only witnessed three matches, whereas many have witnessed most of them in this league, then I would refer to their opinions rather than yours. I haven't seen many myself, I am of the opinion the team is inconsistent and in transition and if any money has been wasted then that was mostly down to Unsworth's appointment and player recruitment, albeit with some assistance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The "ridicule" as you put it, is not personal, it's more the way you stated your views as being the absolute. If you have only witnessed three matches, whereas many have witnessed most of them in this league, then I would refer to their opinions rather than yours. I haven't seen many myself, I am of the opinion the team is inconsistent and in transition and if any money has been wasted then that was mostly down to Unsworth's appointment and player recruitment, albeit with some assistance.

Ok taken on board, Wardie Sometimes when you write it doesn't come across as it would if you were chatting. I find myself editing to try and correct that! There is ridicule though. That poor BP1960 gets slated on here (P.S. I understand he's an old timer too. People should be ashamed of themselves. Blatant bullying, whichever way you look at it).

Edited by spanishfly
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

Ok taken on board, Wardie Sometimes when you write it doesn't come across as it would if you were chatting. I find myself editing to try and correct that! There is ridicule though. That poor BP1960 gets slated on here (P.S. I understand he's an old timer too. People should be ashamed of themselves. Blatant bullying, whichever way you look at it).

Wiseowl, you really are a strange fella aren’t you ? More than likely on a register 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

We all do it, myself included, people read things differently than others..just like opinions. :D I think BP1960 has a thick enough skin to shrug off any perceived ridicule plus his age and experience stand him in good stead. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I'd bet you'd never seen the players mentioned before I did. 

Reply yes or no.

If I wanted to be bullied, I would just knock on my ex-wifes door and ask "can we talk?"

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own.

However, I will answer your question; No.

I have not seen them live. At all.

However, if I have seen them on ifollow, NLTV, YouTube and the like, does that make my comments any less qualified?

As @Wardie has mentioned, some posters' comments on here come across as absolute. AKA my way or the highway. (Another ex-wife attribute).

Try not to preach God to a bunch of atheists.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2024 at 2:20 PM, BP1960 said:

Even the teams Dino, Kewell  and Pete Wild had would have strolled this league like Chesterfield.

🤣🤣🤣

Block me if you like BP, but you really have plumbed the depths there. What an utterly irrational, nonsensical actually, comparison. Your experience as a scout and years in the game are being let down by wholesale negativity, cynicism and maybe even bitterness. Please step back, calm down and reflect on your post.

• Like 3

On 2/17/2024 at 2:09 PM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Wiseowl, you really are a strange fella aren’t you ? More than likely on a register 

Haven't the slightest clue what you're on about (Wiseowl??) and as for the register comment, wow, shame on you. Same goes for the childish fucker who has loved your post. And before I read anything else, delighted with the win yesterday. I did post a couple of weeks back about how remarkable MM's away form was and if only it could be replicated at home. I`d also picked out Fondop as Latics standout forward from what I`d seen. So, perhaps I`m not so stupid after all. Only stupidity is perhaps coming on here but, hey ho, you learn in life.  

2 hours ago, spanishfly said:

Haven't the slightest clue what you're on about (Wiseowl??) and as for the register comment, wow, shame on you. Same goes for the childish fucker who has loved your post. And before I read anything else, delighted with the win yesterday. I did post a couple of weeks back about how remarkable MM's away form was and if only it could be replicated at home. I`d also picked out Fondop as Latics standout forward from what I`d seen. So, perhaps I`m not so stupid after all. Only stupidity is perhaps coming on here but, hey ho, you learn in life.  

Cheers Wiseowl

3 hours ago, spanishfly said:

The register comment was a complete disgrace. It was liked by Fluffy, which says all you need to know. If you need any further reason to ignore these people just try searching against “malignant narcissist” on YouTube. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

The register comment was a complete disgrace. It was liked by Fluffy, which says all you need to know. If you need any further reason to ignore these people just try searching against “malignant narcissist” on YouTube. 

🤣🤣🤣 I found it mildly amusing. Not sure what anyone's issue is. You the comedy police?

• Ackey locked this topic
  • Matt unfeatured this topic