MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 13/02/24

I might start to worry we won't finish in the top 5 if we don't win tomorrow night.

I say I might I probably won't.

But seriously with Norwood out for potentially a couple of months someone needs to step up, it's an opportunity for someone and they have to grab it. We win a the next few games then the mood will change and we can put the last 2 games down to one offs or the National League being the National League.

Edited by GlossopLatic

29 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I might start to worry we won't finish in the top 5 if we don't win tonight.

I say I might I probably won't.

But seriously with Norwood out for potentially a couple of months someone needs to step up, it's an opportunity for someone and they have to grab it. We win a the next few games then the mood will change and we can put the last 2 games down to one offs or the National League being the National League.

You'll be on your own if you go tonight !!  😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Get on the front foot and have a go, please. 

Agreed, too often we have handed the initiative to the opposition from the off, it might be alright to quieten the crowd away for the first 20 minutes, but not a home.

• Like 1

Have to get stuck right into these. Last season they were a tough, robust unit but they've been leaking goals for fun this season, especially away. Rinsed 0-6 at Barnet, conceded 11 goals in three matches against Eastleigh and lost 0-4 at Oxford City early in the season. They've a frailty about them which we need to expose as they'll come here looking to frustrate.

7 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Have to get stuck right into these. Last season they were a tough, robust unit but they've been leaking goals for fun this season, especially away. Rinsed 0-6 at Barnet, conceded 11 goals in three matches against Eastleigh and lost 0-4 at Oxford City early in the season. They've a frailty about them which we need to expose as they'll come here looking to frustrate.

Another loss then. 

• Like 1

I had the utter misfortune of being at the match at Meadow Park in August. Probably up there with the worst games of football I have ever witnessed in my life - I've been to more enjoyable funerals.

We'll beat them. They're crap and Hogan and Raglan will mop up all of their long balls...

23 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I had the utter misfortune of being at the match at Meadow Park in August. Probably up there with the worst games of football I have ever witnessed in my life - I've been to more enjoyable funerals.

We'll beat them. They're crap and Hogan and Raglan will mop up all of their long balls...

Expect the exact opposite then?😂😂

Watched the last 20 minutes of their game against Maidenhead on Saturday, they got battered. Maidenhead played it on the floor and passed it round them with ease. When they went long boreham woods three defenders easy won the ball.

if we go long we are in trouble. 

28 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Watched the last 20 minutes of their game against Maidenhead on Saturday, they got battered. Maidenhead played it on the floor and passed it round them with ease. When they went long boreham woods three defenders easy won the ball.

if we go long we are in trouble. 

Sad thing is we will go long and probably only scrape a draw at best. When on earth was our last goal from open play? 

54 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Sad thing is we will go long and probably only scrape a draw at best. When on earth was our last goal from open play? 

Do we ever score a goal that comes from a sustained period of passing ?

If we score from open play it’s usually because Kitching has crossed the ball after a few passes. 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep, I was there too and I completely agree, it was a dreadful match. The only highlights were the thunder and lightning show, and seeing Frank!