MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 13/02/24

3 welcome points, but surely it could be more entertaining than this?

We desperately need a direct runner from central midfield, again Lundstram was running around in circles going dizzy  and I don't think we will see Ward again.

Hammond isn't ready for the senior game yet. Conlon was doing the job of 3 at times.

Don't know what role Dallas is supposed to play, if he ever gets fit.

Walker is a strange one, looks a dynamic player, hardly played, yet supposedly injured.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

3 welcome points, but surely it could be more entertaining than this?

We desperately need a direct runner from central midfield, again Lundstram was running around in circles going dizzy  and I don't think we will see Ward again.

Hammond isn't ready for the senior game yet. Conlon was doing the job of 3 at times.

Don't know what role Dallas is supposed to play, if he ever gets fit.

Walker is a strange one, looks a dynamic player, hardly played, yet supposedly injured.

I’ve lost track and interest in who is injured these days, it’s ridiculous. Norwood, now Dallas who has barely kicked a ball 🤦‍♂️. I knew it would be a struggle tonight, we were well off it even without Norwood. But fair play for the fight back . 

It's probably the least enthusiastic I have come away from a comeback win, which is strange because I normally squeeze anything positive out of a match.

Anyway home now and I will say it was a battle, which we lost physically but won goals wise.

Also the irony of Garner scoring the winner with a header when he had it lumped up to his head all game and unsurprisingly lost every header against the man mountain marking him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Missing Norwood, Dallas, Walker and Hope. Reid either injured or binned. Yet we did find a way to win. I think MM’s experience will get us out of here via the playoffs this season. 

He made the changes that had to be made.  Green was the difference scaring the left back to death after he had played the first half as a left winger. Clever pass for Fondop to score and a beautifully weighted pass to Hammond who should have scored. I'll just go and put my tin hat on.....

Edited by astottie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Missing Norwood, Dallas, Walker and Hope. Reid either injured or binned. Yet we did find a way to win. I think MM’s experience will get us out of here via the playoffs this season. 

I can't give Mellon much credit for that, okay we got the result but it was nothing short of dire.

This League is fucking dross yet another team with 20 fans were unlucky to leave with nothing.

We looked fitter than them - just, but other than that we just showed very little, thought Hogan steadied us, Kitching played better as a left back as opposed to a wingback, Conlon was more involved and Garner and Fondop put themselves about, we carried too many in the first half Sachdev was weak as piss, still hasn't beat a man and positionally he was all over the shop, Lundstrum anonymous, Ward is limited, Hammond anonymous. All the problems that existed before the transfer window still exist.

Positives, two goals from open play and the win. Hobson and Green both contributed from the bench.

Ref was awful.

17 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I’ve lost track and interest in who is injured these days, it’s ridiculous. Norwood, now Dallas who has barely kicked a ball 🤦‍♂️. I knew it would be a struggle tonight, we were well off it even without Norwood. But fair play for the fight back . 

Do they have fitness tests before they sign for this club I wonder?

6 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

It's probably the least enthusiastic I have come away from a comeback win, which is strange because I normally squeeze anything positive out of a match.

Anyway home now and I will say it was a battle, which we lost physically but won goals wise.

Also the irony of Garner scoring the winner with a header when he had it lumped up to his head all game and unsurprisingly lost every header against the man mountain marking him.

Garner's movement for his goal, when the cross came in over him, was what got him the space. The defender didn't move with him. Good goal.

Fondop's finish and workrate was very good.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I can't give Mellon much credit for that, okay we got the result but it was nothing short of dire.

This League is fucking dross yet another team with 20 fans were unlucky to leave with nothing.

We looked fitter than them - just, but other than that we just showed very little, thought Hogan steadied us, Kitching played better as a left back as opposed to a wingback, Conlon was more involved and Garner and Fondop put themselves about, we carried too many in the first half Sachdev was weak as piss, still hasn't beat a man and positionally he was all over the shop, Lundstrum anonymous, Ward is limited, Hammond anonymous. All the problems that existed before the transfer window still exist.

Positives, two goals from open play and the win. Hobson and Green both contributed from the bench.

Ref was 

N/t

Edited by BP1960

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Do they have fitness tests before they sign for this club I wonder?

Jesus wept. Players get injured. Do you know what a fitness test entails? 

Also see you have deleted your ridiculous comment "Both goals from crosses though, don't look creating anything on the floor." Considering the first goal was a pass across the floor.

I'll file that with the Ged Keegan lie

16 minutes ago, wiggy0406 said:

Garner's movement for his goal, when the cross came in over him, was what got him the space. The defender didn't move with him. Good goal.

Fondop's finish and workrate was very good.

Definitely a sign of a good, experienced player that Garner didn't let his head drop and took his chance when he got it.

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

An awful watch again….can’t see what difference Mr Mellon has made to this team….apart from a few more wins the football is still terrible!

I'm thinking he's just a lucky manager.

Fickle fuckers in the RRE singing Shez's name at 1-0 down then Micky Mellon's blue and white army five minutes later when Fondop bags 🤣

3 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Soon as that Main Stand starts grumbling they forget how to pass the ball and shit themselves. 

Their manager just alluded to this in his post-match presser. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

An awful watch again….can’t see what difference Mr Mellon has made to this team….apart from a few more wins the football is still terrible!

So. . quite a big difference then. 😂

I agree we’re poor to watch - but winning is the ultimate currency. The trouble with Mellonball is it’s the same as Rhinoball- it’s wholly dependent on the result.

Win - no problem. Lose, and you’re just left with largely turgid football. 

However

Rhinoball lost a lot of games.

Mellonball doesn’t. 

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm thinking he's just a lucky manager.

He’s not mate. 

I’m not defending the football, but for however dire the last 3 games have been we’ve only lost one. 

He’s had no awful run like Unsy (3 wins in 17) 

He’s not had back to back defeats. 

Prior to the last defeat we had our best away run in years. 

Five promotions isn’t luck. 

The football is increasingly dire to watch, and yet he doesn’t actually lose many. . . 

• Like 3

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Get use to 5 at the back. 

Yep,

And. . Paraphrasing- 

‘I tried to make us more attacking in the first half, but it didn’t work. So I had change us back to what we are - a hard working, gritty side that can score goals. So we’ll continue to work on that, our points per game is very good so people will have to get used to that. It won’t always be pretty or easy on the eye, but we’ll pick up points and hopefully that will get to where we want to be.’

In nutshell.

The football won’t be changing because I’m winning more than I’m losing- so stick that in your pipe. 😂

Fair enough in my view.  (As long as he keeps his PPG up) 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

dont look at the team look at the table!

this is still just the start of a long process

• Like 3