MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 13/02/24

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Just looked at the league table, we’re feckin awful but really should still make the playoffs!! If we don’t MM and these muppets really do have some questions to answer 

Win this and it's back to 6th place.
It's a tight little group.

Scrappy win, just what you need at this stage of the season 

5 league wins in 7

3 league home wins out of 4

Two strikers on the scoresheet

Good tactical changes and subs from the manager 

Back in the top 7

Sure this place will be just as lively tonight as it has been the last fortnight 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Scrappy win, just what you need at this stage of the season 

5 league wins in 7

3 league home wins out of 4

Two strikers on the scoresheet

Good tactical changes and subs from the manager 

Back in the top 7

Sure this place will be just as lively tonight as it has been the last fortnight 

May I be the first. . . 

E

I

E

I

E

I

O

#justwin

• Like 1

Totally relieved to get a home win under the belt and back into the zone. As GBP intimated, there is no patience in modern football and I am just as guilty as the next person. Forty odd years ago, I would have been cock-a-hoop with the win and not give a shit about the performance.

To highlight the state of this league and also what is up for grabs if we can push on… despite our occasional hiccups and ropey performances, we’re only 9 points off 2nd place with a game in and hand and we’ve got to play them at home. 

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

A win is a win, thank F for that!

shame Halifax nicked a 97th min winner but Aldershot got battered 5-0 at home to Fylde! What a bizarre league this is 

On to Maidenhead, no excuses , Win

Aldershot had a man sent off but I think were maybe 0-2 down already. There is zero consistency in this league, apart from Chesterfield and that is why they are probably going to go up with a record points tally.

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Totally relieved to get a home win under the belt and back into the zone. As GBP intimated, there is no patience in modern football and I am just as guilty as the next person. Forty odd years ago, I would have been cock-a-hoop with the win and not give a shit about the performance.

it’s the information available, I’m on a train home from work and 40 years ago I might have found out the score on the radio tonight or if not, tomorrow’s newspaper! I would have only seen the 2-1 and have been delighted, now we’re following every kick, every mistake, every comment and moan (me included) 

The world has gone mad .

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The refs at this level are absolutely infuriating 

They seem to be doing fine, then at about 60 minutes get possessed by someone who's never heard of football before...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

it’s the information available, I’m on a train home from work and 40 years ago I might have found out the score on the radio tonight or if not, tomorrow’s newspaper! I would have only seen the 2-1 and have been delighted, now we’re following every kick, every mistake, every comment and moan (me included) 

The world has gone mad .

Without drifting off-topic, I was the same..scores in the newspaper or the radio, when GMR could be arsed announcing it. I used to live quite near the ground and if I couldn't get there, I could hear the Chaddy roar if we scored. As you say, we are privy to every move from afar.

It's not good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

They seem to be doing fine, then at about 60 minutes get possessed by someone who's never heard of football before...

The 15-minute period after we got the leveller was very strange. They were spoiling the game and barely two passes were strung together, yet despite their antics the referee allowed himself to get sucked in and must have perceived his taking control as dishing out a handful of yellow cards. If I'm honest, I'm not sure what referees should do but his approach wasn't helping the situation.

Anyway, I'm relieved about the result and credit to Mellon for changing things at half-time there. If and when we get ourselves into a little rhythm, pick up the pace and stretch sides, we're more than capable of dictating a game but the inconsistency of actually doing so is frustrating. Hopefully we're back on track after two disappointing results and performances.

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

That was complete and utter shite. Well done on the win. Garner was offside for the goal. End of input...

Let's put the "offside" down to shite refereeing then. :D 
About time we got the rub.

19 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

The world has gone mad .

Ceefax...

44 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Daylight robbery again, but who cares. Shows how terrible this league is we’re absolute dog :censored: and some how winning!

Exactly, I nearly left at half time we were that bad. But play like that and get 3 points is how you stay in the pack.