Micky Mellon Sack Watch

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

If we don't make the play offs he should be dismissed as soon as the final whistle blows after the Wealdstone match.

I don’t think so,I think he needs time to build his own team and style from scratch in the summer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I don’t think so,I think he needs time to build his own team and style from scratch in the summer. 

This is his style and he's already made a load of mainly bad signings.

Just now, deyres42 said:

This is his style and he's already made a load of mainly bad signings.

I think his signings , or some , have been hurried. I also think he perhaps knows the limitations of the players and is therefore overly negative with the tactics. The more time passes in this league I feel we need if we can to reach more into the football league if we can for proven players . Big ask but  there’s still too many substandard players on our payroll. The Unsworth appointment really was a massive own goal too. Not tested or proven , just a wasted year under him. 

1 minute ago, True Tic said:

I think his signings , or some , have been hurried. I also think he perhaps knows the limitations of the players and is therefore overly negative with the tactics. The more time passes in this league I feel we need if we can to reach more into the football league if we can for proven players . Big ask but  there’s still too many substandard players on our payroll. The Unsworth appointment really was a massive own goal too. Not tested or proven , just a wasted year under him. 

I realise letting go is hard to do but at some point the focus will have to shift away from Unsworth.

14 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

If we don't make the play offs he should be dismissed as soon as the final whistle blows after the Wealdstone match.

On 3/2/2024 at 10:40 AM, basilrobbie said:

irrational, volatile and unable to contextualise what they are seeing. And then there is the overwhelming sense of entitlement.....

Sums up GKing's posts well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Sums up GKing's posts well.

Come off it. If we fail to make the play-offs then it is a stackable offence. 

Using Unsworth as an excuse can only hold for so long.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I realise letting go is hard to do but at some point the focus will have to shift away from Unsworth.

Yes I see what you are getting at there but it’s still a lost year . We could have had that year under the stewardship of a better manager. 

3 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

We did give every other team 10 games head start… 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Bet you have a hard on with that performance. Will sleep tight tonight you. 

I can't lie, I did enjoy the randomness of the team selection and seeing players in different positions.

Just now, Charles or Eddie said:

Not sure about this guy at all. 

I means its just dreadful to watch and now the results are dropping off as well

3 wins in 10 is decent, Unsworth never managed that.

7 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

We need a manager that wants to progress the team and the players (not the shite ones we have though) and play actual football not this garbage that our boring manager serves up

Personally I have no knowledge of MM's previous style. My nephew who has followed us, and football generally, more than me says that many Tranmere fans will tell you that MM will get you promoted but be prepared to be bored half to death as he does. If that's true then he sure as hell ain't going to change his style for us.

Just now, Ritchierich said:

We need a manager that wants to progress the team and the players (not the shite ones we have though) and play actual football not this garbage that our boring manager serves up

100% he rewards failure by selecting raffle winners week after week, players who actually make a difference but he doesn't fancy he just drops (Fondop for example). 

He's not creating anything he's just bullshitting from week to week, as I've said before what are they doing on the training pitch, making us hard to beat is just soul destroying, particularly at home.

What's wrong with Andrew Dallas and what's he bringing to the table that Reid, Willoughby or Nuttall didn't? Norwood looks like he's lost interest as does Kitching.

Another thing he keeps banging on about is this team he wants to create that the people of Oldham want to see, sorry but we've seen enough fucking tripe over the years to get a feeling for when it's not happening.

I'm not arsed about this season one bit, what I want is to see us develop and grow. At least half the squad in fact 90% have gone backwards and of the players he has brought in you could only really put 35 year old Garner up as a success.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

100% he rewards failure by selecting raffle winners week after week, players who actually make a difference but he doesn't fancy he just drops (Fondop for example). 

He's not creating anything he's just bullshitting from week to week, as I've said before what are they doing on the training pitch, making us hard to beat is just soul destroying, particularly at home.

What's wrong with Andrew Dallas and what's he bringing to the table that Reid, Willoughby or Nuttall didn't? Norwood looks like he's lost interest as does Kitching.

Another thing he keeps banging on about is this team he wants to create that the people of Oldham want to see, sorry but we've seen enough fucking tripe over the years to get a feeling for when it's not happening.

I'm not arsed about this season one bit, what I want is to see us develop and grow. At least half the squad in fact 90% have gone backwards and of the players he has brought in you could only really put 35 year old Garner up as a success.

Murray signed Garner. 

54 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

This whole thread is a joke, it's nonsense that you're actually being serious.  😂

If Mellon doesn't get a summer transfer window then we're a knee-jerk club that listens to the idiot part of our fanbase way too much.  Luckily Frank and the board are better than that.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

This whole thread is a joke, it's nonsense that you're actually being serious.  😂

If Mellon doesn't get a summer transfer window then we're a knee-jerk club that listens to the idiot part of our fanbase way too much.  Luckily Frank and the board are better than that.

You are right and he will get the summer 100% but this is in danger of getting a bit Unsworth, I don't think anyone barring GK is suggesting he goes but something has to change and quickly, with Halifax away and Chesterfield coming up it could get a little toxic if they continue with this Melllonball.

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Murray signed Garner. 

And David Eyres recommended Walker. I'd be livid if I was him how Walker hasn't been given proper game time when he's a player IMO will be operating in the Championship next season.