Micky Mellon Sack Watch

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Or, after 30 odd years of us being on an almost constant downward curve is it the beginning of progress in the opposite direction? We're winning the majority of our games, in a decent position to get in the playoffs and even if we don't go up this year its probably a matter of time until we do 

Suppose that's too positive for this place

A matter of time based on what? People were saying the same back end of last season when we were top of the form table minus Wrexham and County from Christmas onwards. Or did the form table not count then?

I've also little faith at the minute that Mellons signings are making us any better. Still no RB or RWB, no left sided centrehalf, no cover at LB if Kitching doesn't fancy it. No wide men who can influence a game. We've a team with no width, a plethora of central minded players in defence, midfield and attack yet we get played through at will. 

Based on all that I'd suggest claims that it's only a matter of time are just pie in the sky.

9 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Or, after 30 odd years of us being on an almost constant downward curve is it the beginning of progress in the opposite direction? We're winning the majority of our games, in a decent position to get in the playoffs and even if we don't go up this year its probably a matter of time until we do 

Suppose that's too positive for this place

Can we be sure next season the dire tactics won't  continue?

If he brings in more attack minded players I might be convinced.

Wrexham, Notts County and Chesterfield have shown attacking football is the best way to get out of this division outright. He will be given the chance to do this and I hope he takes it.

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Can we be sure next season the dire tactics won't  continue?

If he brings in more attack minded players I might be convinced.

Wrexham, Notts County and Chesterfield have shown attacking football is the best way to get out of this division outright. He will be given the chance to do this and I hope he takes it.

Unless he has a complete personality change the tactics are here to stay, this is what we signed up for.

38 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Thing is, whoever the next manager is, you'll weigh up whether people like or dislike him then say the opposite. Incredibly transparent 

Not at all, we can't be a slave to the fabled form table for one person then disregard it for another though.

The smaller clubs are treating thier time at Boundary Park as a cup final and constantly raise thier game and use our booing and silence as a weapon. If Kiddermister played like that every week they and those around them would all be in the top half. I dont care about the how or even who we play if we score more than the opposition or at the very least as many as them. I cant fathom though for the life of me why we appear not to be able to pass ot control a football or why we appear so laclustre or is it the runs are made and not seen ? I though Hammond was having a great game and was unlucky to come off before Lundstrom, unfortunately he had the best chance of the half, which if it fell to either Dallas or Garner maybe there wouldnt be a desire for the thread at all !! I dont care about the form table, I care about the table and this is the highest we have been for some time, so for now Im happy. 

I said after about 10 games that it appears when Kitching has a bad game .. they all seem to. He has not had a good February at all...... in fact we played better when he was injured/poorly last week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

I think quite a few have mind their mind up on MM- which is obviously their prerogative, but it never ends well when the fans turn. And I think that’s a great shame- all feels very Ronnie Moore this. 

I have been at the vast majority of games under Mellon and I must have missed the bit where the fans are turning...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I have been at the vast majority of games under Mellon and I must have missed the bit where the fans are turning...

We’ll see. I hope you’re right. I suspect you’re not. 

Our lot won’t put up with the home performances carrying on as they are  no matter how good the away form is. 

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We’ll see. I hope you’re right. I suspect you’re not. 

Our lot won’t put up with the home performances carrying on as they are  no matter how good the away form is. 

We have won 3 of our last 4 home games and we have won most weeks since Mellon took over...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

The smaller clubs are treating thier time at Boundary Park as a cup final and constantly raise thier game and use our booing and silence as a weapon. If Kiddermister played like that every week they and those around them would all be in the top half. I dont care about the how or even who we play if we score more than the opposition or at the very least as many as them. I cant fathom though for the life of me why we appear not to be able to pass ot control a football or why we appear so laclustre or is it the runs are made and not seen ? I though Hammond was having a great game and was unlucky to come off before Lundstrom, unfortunately he had the best chance of the half, which if it fell to either Dallas or Garner maybe there wouldnt be a desire for the thread at all !! I dont care about the form table, I care about the table and this is the highest we have been for some time, so for now Im happy. 

I said after about 10 games that it appears when Kitching has a bad game .. they all seem to. He has not had a good February at all...... in fact we played better when he was injured/poorly last week. 

Lundstram's number was on the board to come off for Green just before Kidderminster went 2-1 up, when they scored they changed their minds and hooked Hammond instead.

I am very optimistic about Hammond. He's got a great engine, decent pace, progressive, decent footballer. Hopeful of great things from him over the next couple of years.

Edited by Hemel latic
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We have won 3 of our last 4 home games and we have won most weeks since Mellon took over...

I get it we've won 3 in the last 6 at home losing the other 3. Since the Hartlepool win which was Mellon's first in 6 attempts we've lost to Hendon, Woking and Kidderminster. 

Four clean sheets in twenty two games since he came in is pretty poor, only one of which was at home, particularly as we play anywhere between five and seven defenders in our starting eleven and apparently have three top notch centrehalfs, pretty poor return that from a defence and keeper I've heard described as solid.

Edited by yarddog73

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I get it we've won 3 in 6 at home losing the other 3. Since the Hartlepool win which was Mellon's first in 6 attempts we've lost to Hendon, Woking and Kidderminster. 

Four clean sheets in twenty two games since he came in is pretty poor, only one of which was at home, particularly as we play anywhere between five and seven defenders in our starting eleven and apparently have three top notch centrehalfs, pretty poor return that from a defence and keeper I've heard described as solid.

And yet here we are sat in the playoffs...

I personally,  have heard no mention of getting rid of the manager, so the hysteria on here is baffling me. Lots of folk would very much like to see some entertaining football without having to travel to Maidenhead though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

I personally,  have heard no mention of getting rid of the manager, so the hysteria on here is baffling me. Lots of folk would very much like to see some entertaining football without having to travel to Maidenhead though.

The thing about that Maidenhead is that I didn’t think we played entertaining football necessarily. We were just positive and played with confidence. If we did that at home the majority of fans would feel much better about the season. We don't need to put together 30 pass moves. 

• Like 1